Joey Russ

William Hurt

Decided to give him a thread since he has terminal prostate cancer. Maybe not the best pick for next year, but he's definitely one to watch. Definitely can see him on the deathlist if the cancer gets worse...

EDIT: Here's the article that mentions his illness.

Brilliant actor mind 

• Like 1

If he goes sooner than I expect, he would be the first MCU film actor in somewhat of a major role to die. For those of you who don’t know who I’m talking about, he plays General Thaddeus Ross: 

26243EC1-2401-4209-93E9-F75379FF3B95.png

I was thinking about whether to post it or not. Maybe he was msc's mystery name? Curiously, "William Hurt cancer" is a popular search term but it was unknown to me. He was picked by someone in the DDP in 2014.

Anyway, I assume it's not very aggressive considering he's had it for years. But you never know...

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

If he goes sooner than I expect, he would be the first MCU film actor in somewhat of a major role to die. For those of you who don’t know who I’m talking about, he plays General Thaddeus Ross: 

26243EC1-2401-4209-93E9-F75379FF3B95.png

Garry Shanding who played senator stern has been dead two years now.

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I was thinking about whether to post it or not. Maybe he was msc's mystery name? Curiously, "William Hurt cancer" is a popular search term but it was unknown to me. He was picked by someone in the DDP in 2014.

Anyway, I assume it's not very aggressive considering he's had it for years. But you never know...

Remind me, which mystery name?

7 hours ago, msc said:

Remind me, which mystery name?

Honestly, I don't know anymore. So I guess it wasn't him.

According to imdb, he just completed two films & has another two films in pre-production.

But this is not saying much, since actors like Alan Rickman worked until the end.

He is definitely famous enough to deserve a place on next year's death list.

46 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

According to imdb, he just completed two films & has another two films in pre-production.

But this is not saying much, since actors like Alan Rickman worked until the end.

He is definitely famous enough to deserve a place on next year's death list.

Yes, and while we’re at it why not put some other very famous people in their 60’s with no known ailments on the list next year. Great idea, thanks!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Yes, and while we’re at it why not put some other very famous people in their 60’s with no known ailments on the list next year. Great idea, thanks!

Joey Russ wrote that William Hurt has terminal prostate cancer.

I would be relieved to learn that this is just a rumor, because I like his acting.

4 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Joey Russ wrote that William Hurt has terminal prostate cancer.

I would be relieved to learn that this is just a rumor, because I like his acting.

Apparently he had Stage IV prostate cancer (spread to bones) but cured it with this "alternative" chemo.

Hmmm....

• Like 1

This thread, like many others, surely needed to be created! Made in 2018 with barely any mention until his death!

Add it to the list of notable people who have a thread. 

That being said RIP. 

In conversation during the last year someone said to me ‘I can’t remember if it is John or William Hurt who died and which one is in the Marvel films’. Seems that may be easier to answer now……..both dead!

• Sad 1

Life imitates The Big Chill. Apart from the suicide bit.

He was in some ok films, but he used to annoy me for some reason. Too mannered, too consciously actorly or something. I feel the same way about other respected actors, like Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, Alan Rickman. I dunno, it’s probably just me. 

On 17/05/2018 at 01:13, Joey Russ said:

he has terminal prostate cancer. Maybe not the best pick for next year, but he's definitely one to watch

On 17/05/2018 at 14:42, msc said:

He was picked by someone in the DDP in 2014.

RIP William Hurt - loved you as sleazy lawyer Ned in Body Heat (although loved Kathleen Turner more - she was hot in that film).

Despite Joey saying definitely one to watch in 2018 nobody was watching and doesn't seem to be a pick in 2022. List of the Missed. 

29 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

RIP William Hurt - loved you as sleazy lawyer Ned in Body Heat (although loved Kathleen Turner more - she was hot in that film).

Despite Joey saying definitely one to watch in 2018 nobody was watching and doesn't seem to be a pick in 2022. List of the Missed. 

Yeah, and as he's died of the same cancer, apparently, this goes down as a bit of a fail miss by all of us.