DevonDeathTrip

Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel

As @Joey Russ mentioned in the pop thread, these two giants of the music scene probably deserve a thread of their own.  Simon is about to stop touring and Garfunkel is a genuine eccentric, always coming up with stuff to keep us amused.   

I wouldn't like to guess which one will go first, but feel it is right that we have a thread in place as they progress into their autumn years.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I wouldn't like to guess which one will go first, but feel it is right that we have a thread in place as they progress into their autumn years.

I look around,
leaves are brown
And the sky
is a hazy shade of winter

When I saw this thread there were so many obvious tag lines but I rather like the subtle one you have used - bravo!

• Like 1

Q: Who will make their coffins?

A: The Boxer.

• Haha 1

And here’s to you, Mrs Robinson, the Grim Reaper loves you more than you will know, whoa-oo-oo...

To be fair to the eccentric and sometimes inexcusably pretentious Art he has a sense of humour. At Simon's 70th birthday party he started a speech by asking which of the pair would get to sing at the other's funeral.

He's also has a "library" section of his website listing every book he's read for decades. It's updated to the end of last year and ends with "How to Grow Old."  So maybe he's managing his own end game with the intention of seeing Simon out. As a female friend remarked when I showed her the library section of the website at work "I'd love to meet him but I bet he was a crap shag even when he was really famous."

That library section: http://www.artgarfunkel.com/library.html

No reason for this thread until either or has at least some semblance of a medical issue.  Can Admins please send out a worldwide message saying no more personal threads sans at least The Sniffles being reported?  And I say that knowing full well DDT started this thread.  Admin privileges ought be tenuous.

Thanks as always,

Sir C.

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

No reason for this thread until either or has at least some semblance of a medical issue.  Can Admins please send out a worldwide message saying no more personal threads sans at least The Sniffles being reported?  And I say that knowing full well DDT started this thread.  Admin privileges ought be tenuous.

Thanks as always,

Sir C.

Dear Everyone

Please feel free to create a thread about whoever you want.  However, if you don't want to upset Sir Creep, you may wish to contact him to gain his approval beforehand.  Otherwise just carry on.  :lol:

DDT

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Thanks as always,

Sir C.

Here we go again, this guy is just white trash, he makes a thread for every single white ice hockey play that has FLU, but then when real music legends are getting old, he gets upset when they get their own thread. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Here we go again, this guy is just white trash, he makes a thread for every single white ice hockey play that has FLU, but then when real music legends are getting old, he gets upset when they get their own thread. 

Aye, and in any case those involved in form study already know Garfunkel's heavy smoking stalled his singing career

Link: http://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-simon-and-art-garfunkel-2-1229040

I wanna start a thread on Sir Creep and every one of his complaints he makes on here.

• Like 1

Paul Simon is 77 today! :birthday:

I'm still going to call him Al....

3 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

He’s going to be the musical guest on SNL tonight

Which one, Paul Simon or Art Garfunkel? :huh:

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Which one, Paul Simon or Art Garfunkel? :huh:

Simon. Sorry should have specified haha

4 hours ago, bladan said:

What did he smoke?

Cigs AND spliffs

Oh aye and

Bit early but... :birthday: Paul (77)

Paul Simon and art Garfunkel had sex and I was there and Pul Simon killed a guy in maie and then he eat the copseand then he became a jewish mexican black supremaist and a radical femest and then he killed his famil and then he banned your mom lololololololololololololo hahshshshshshgashshahsha!!

27 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Paul Simon and art Garfunkel had sex and I was there and Pul Simon killed a guy in maie and then he eat the copseand then he became a jewish mexican black supremaist and a radical femest and then he killed his famil and then he banned your mom lololololololololololololo hahshshshshshgashshahsha!!

That's nice, dear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Lol I don't even remember making that comment.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Lol I don't even remember making that comment.

I want that Irish whisky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bladan said:

I want that Irish whisky

Hmm

Funny you should mention that - I've spent a fair amount of the weekend reading Lemmy's autobiography and drinking Jameson Irish Whisky as I do.

• Like 2