Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Billy The Squid

James Doohan

James Doohan's death makes it the 3rd deathlist.net successful hit in the last 8 days. As they say, death comes in three's. :angry:

Star Trek's Scotty dies aged 85

Its worse than that he's dead Jim

For somone who had said farewell to public life in August 2004, not long after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease it didn't take that long for him to die of it seen as Alzhheimer's takes 10 years for it to take it's full course; though it was combined with pneumonia. I would have just told the public it was pneumonia, Alzheimer's usualy takes alot longer than 12 months for the person to die of it or for them to go utterly senile.

Guest Tanya

:angry:

God finally BEAMED YOU UP! You'll be missed Jimmy.

Your friend, Tanya

[Merged from main forum - GR]

Well this is very disappointing - no ranters of any description telling us how sick we are and how James Doohan was in fact a god who sprang fully formed from the loins of Jesus etc etc., despite the fact the cyberspace is full of Trekkie nutters?

What on earth has Emlyn Hughes got that James Doohan hasn't, that's what I want to know!

Well this is very disappointing - no ranters of any description telling us how sick we are and how James Doohan was in fact a god who sprang fully formed from the loins of Jesus etc etc., despite the fact the cyberspace is full of Trekkie nutters?

What on earth has Emlyn Hughes got that James Doohan hasn't, that's what I want to know!

I think the problem lies in us not being on the first page of Google (searching for both 'james doohan' and 'james doohan dead'), whereas for 'Emlyn Hughes' we are ranked 4th.

So far, the only thing approaching a rant is here. Strangely enough, it's a scouser :angry:

We are however getting a few too many 'God has called his 1st Engineer back home' postings for my liking.

And yes, I know he probably wasn't the First Engineer, but to be frank, I'm glad that I don't give a fiddlers cuss.

Off-topic:

And yes, I am registered.

Just forgot to log in...

Realized by the way that today also marks the 36th anniversary of the first steps on the moon. Okay, that was not as far as the Enterprise got to go but stil a pinnacle moment in man's space history.

Dare I say,

A fitting day for him to die??

Not to mention the 29th anniversary of Viking 1 landing on Mars....

I think the problem lies in us not being on the first page of Google (searching for both 'james doohan' and 'james doohan dead'), whereas for 'Emlyn Hughes' we are ranked 4th.

Sadly being number one on Google for "James Doohan Death" doesnt seem to have had enough impact by itself

Lets just hang on in there for Ronnie Biggs :angry:

Sadly being number one on Google for "James Doohan Death" doesnt seem to have had enough impact by itself

Lets just hang on in there for Ronnie Biggs :(

Thanks GR - didn't think of that combination, but having tried it, see we are 1st & 2nd!

Maybe the trekkies are a little slower than the scousers :angry:

Lets just hang on in there for Ronnie Biggs ;)

Thanks GR - didn't think of that combination, but having tried it, see we are 1st & 2nd!

Maybe the trekkies are a little slower than the scousers :huh:

Perhaps the trekkies are too busy drowning their sorrows and reminiscing by watching old Star Trek videos/dvds and consoling each other on their forums.

Never been a great fan of the series myself, although I remember watching it enthusiastically as a child, simply because my parents didn't let us watch TV after about 5.30 when the kids programmes finished and Star Trek was on about 6pm (my husband swears it was 7 pm on BBC2, if anyone can verify either of these times, we are talking about the mid 1970's, we are both agreed on Tuesday nights). To me it is a Western in space.

Having said that I have very fond memories of the crew of the Starship Enterprise, although not a big fan I know I ended up enjoying the series as a very young child and especially liked Scotty & Bones. The first Star Trek episode was first screened on 6/9/66 (for americans 9/6/66) exactly 1 year before I was born, but when we watched it probably about 10 years later it seemed so real (apart from the Tribbles)

I send all of my condolences to James Doohans family, he is fondly remembered by us all, Star Trek fans or not. :lol:

Guest IYG

This is really sad, one of the most memorable TV characters. I liked him as Scotty, I think everyone did.

Doohan's wife plans to send the actor's ashes into space via the private launch service that carried Roddenberry's remains into orbit after his 1991 death.

Doohan's wife plans to send the actor's ashes into space via the private launch service that carried Roddenberry's remains into orbit after his 1991 death.

Perhaps they could do the same for William Shatners' hairpiece, or even his Bassoon.

Well, didn't take long for some wee Scottish numpty to jump on the bandwagon

Scotty was born here!

Scotty was born here!

Shouldn't that read: Scotty will be born here?

regards,

Hein

Scotty was born here!

regards,

Hein

Or even : Scotty will have been born here...?

Scotty was born here!

Or even : Scotty will have been born here...?

As I understand it, this kind of grammatical confusion forms a strong argument against time travel.

regards,

Hein

Guest John

He died yesterday - from pneumonia and alzheimers... :lol:

He died yesterday - from pneumonia and alzheimers...  :lol:

And as he said just before he died, "Good job I haven't got pneumonia"