Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Jane Wyman

I think we should get this from a more reliable source other than wrongpedia wikipedia

Jane Wyman is dead! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Wyman

-This is not official just yet. I haven't found any confirmation from CNN.

Banshees Scream,

I think you'll find it's another hoax.

After all the hassles we had with Iain posting links from Wikipedia, I'd have thought you yourself wouldn't rely on that site as a source for news of someone's death.

The wikipedia entry now states that she's alive, so whomever edited it originally was probably just using wishful thinking. Don't forget someone posted on Wikipedia the other week claiming that Margaret Thatcher had commited suicide.

Banshees Scream,

After all the hassles we had with Iain posting links from Wikipedia, I'd have thought you yourself wouldn't rely on that site as a source for news of someone's death.

Phantom, your right. It seems to be just another hoax. Personally i'm so desperate for a death, I guess this I just wanted to believe. Unfortunately the Deathlist success rate remains ice cold.

As a matter of interest, was it Iain, or anyone else hereabouts who posted that John Prescott was dead on the Wikipedia?

Banshees Scream,

Phantom, your right. It seems to be just another hoax. Personally i'm so desperate for a death, I guess this I just wanted to believe. Unfortunately the Deathlist success rate remains ice cold.

It's been quiet all round to be honest. There have been plenty of deaths of the WDP and DDP that I've looked at and thought "how the bloody hell did I not realise they were still alive."

Before I signed up on DL I'd been using a stock number of celebs each year and every so often getting an inspired hit.

Actually if Jane Wyman was to die this year, it would be the first hit my wife has had on our sweepstake dead pool since Fay Wray died over 2 years ago.

I'm still trying to find out if Robert Earl Jones has died. If he has, I've already put in a substitute on the CPDP.

Also unless it's a really big celeb that dies, which in the case of Jane Wyman it would be on CNN straight away.

Sometimes it takes nearly a day from when it appears on the crawler until it appears on the website like in the case of Milan Williams the keyboard player from The Commodores.

I have a feeling there will be someone going soon, but it will be one we least suspect. Much like in the case of Gene Pitney.

I least suspect Cliff Richard.

Clean living ballad singer with a devoted fan base and a history of keeping himself fit, a la Mr Pitney.

I least suspect Cliff Richard.

Clean living ballad singer with a devoted fan base and a history of keeping himself fit, a la Mr Pitney.

If that happened, then I'd be convinced that there is a God

Guest Mike Burns
This is the place to discuss Jane Wyman

I've never heard so many disrespectful, nasty comments. Jane Wyman was one of our great actresses...a four time Oscar nominee and one time winner for "Johnny Belinda" in 1948. She was the highest paid dramatic actress on television for the entire decade of the 1980's, playing the indomitable Angela Channing on "Falcon Crest." I feel sure Nancy Reagan (who conducted a childish jealousy of Ronald Reagan's first wife all those many later years when

she had Reagan's devotion to herself) did not want Wyman at the former President's funeral. I'm surprised she allowed Wyman and Reagan's son Michael to attend. However, when the original couple's daughter Maureen Reagan died of cancer...and Ronald Reagan was ravaged by Alzheimer's, never knowing his first daughter had died...Jane Wyman graciously asked Nancy to represent Maureen's father at the funeral. They sat at opposite ends of the same pew. Jane Wyman pleasantly patted Nancy on the shoulder as they met briefly on the steps outside the cathedral following the televised service. Jane Wyman refused to ever discuss her marriage to Reagan once he became involved in politics and was elected California Governor and then President of the United States. She was, and remains, a Class Act...and I only wish she could live forever!

This is the place to discuss Jane Wyman

I've never heard so many disrespectful, nasty comments. Jane Wyman was one of our great actresses...a four time Oscar nominee and one time winner for "Johnny Belinda" in 1948. She was the highest paid dramatic actress on television for the entire decade of the 1980's, playing the indomitable Angela Channing on "Falcon Crest." I feel sure Nancy Reagan (who conducted a childish jealousy of Ronald Reagan's first wife all those many later years when

she had Reagan's devotion to herself) did not want Wyman at the former President's funeral. I'm surprised she allowed Wyman and Reagan's son Michael to attend. However, when the original couple's daughter Maureen Reagan died of cancer...and Ronald Reagan was ravaged by Alzheimer's, never knowing his first daughter had died...Jane Wyman graciously asked Nancy to represent Maureen's father at the funeral. They sat at opposite ends of the same pew. Jane Wyman pleasantly patted Nancy on the shoulder as they met briefly on the steps outside the cathedral following the televised service. Jane Wyman refused to ever discuss her marriage to Reagan once he became involved in politics and was elected California Governor and then President of the United States. She was, and remains, a Class Act...and I only wish she could live forever!

I still say she should have got a bigger part in Midsomer Murders

Guest Mike Burns
Banshees Scream,

It's been quiet all round to be honest. There have been plenty of deaths of the WDP and DDP that I've looked at and thought "how the bloody hell did I not realise they were still alive."

Before I signed up on DL I'd been using a stock number of celebs each year and every so often getting an inspired hit.

Actually if Jane Wyman was to die this year, it would be the first hit my wife has had on our sweepstake dead pool since Fay Wray died over 2 years ago.

I'm still trying to find out if Robert Earl Jones has died. If he has, I've already put in a substitute on the CPDP.

Also unless it's a really big celeb that dies, which in the case of Jane Wyman it would be on CNN straight away.

Sometimes it takes nearly a day from when it appears on the crawler until it appears on the website like in the case of Milan Williams the keyboard player from The Commodores.

I have a feeling there will be someone going soon, but it will be one we least suspect. Much like in the case of Gene Pitney.

Well, Jane Wyman turned 93 on January 4, 2007. For whatever reason, I think she may go at age 95...or 97. Either way, or whenever it happens, it will be a great loss. For many years I had Miss Wyman's home address in Santa Monica, but she moved from there after "Falcon Crest" quit filming at the end of the 1980's. I had always sent her a Christmas card and then almost immediately afterwards, a birthday card. Right before Christmas this year, I finally saw her new home address published: 560 Kavenish Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA 92270...so I was once again able to send her both a Christmas and birthday greeting. Her daughter Maureen Reagan is gone now, but her son, Michael Reagan, always indicates that she is very alert for her advanced age. Perhaps some of you might want to drop a note or a card to this wonderful lady and great actress.

Banshees Scream,

Well, Jane Wyman turned 93 on January 4, 2007. For whatever reason, I think she may go at age 95...or 97. Either way, or whenever it happens, it will be a great loss. For many years I had Miss Wyman's home address in Santa Monica, but she moved from there after "Falcon Crest" quit filming at the end of the 1980's. I had always sent her a Christmas card and then almost immediately afterwards, a birthday card. Right before Christmas this year, I finally saw her new home address published: 560 Kavenish Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA 92270...so I was once again able to send her both a Christmas and birthday greeting. Her daughter Maureen Reagan is gone now, but her son, Michael Reagan, always indicates that she is very alert for her advanced age. Perhaps some of you might want to drop a note or a card to this wonderful lady and great actress.

Isn't this supposed to be a death forum, rather than a stalker forum

F**k.

Well she was on my DDP but Deathlist.net certainly didn't have her. I think she would have been a more essential ticket for the list instead of Olivia de Havilland for example.

I thought it was on the list...I thought it was number 10!

Oh well, win some lose some..... :unsure:

Guest Angela Channing

Seems a shame that she went up from #37 in 2005 to #21 last year before dropping out of the list in 2007. I expect she was #51 :unsure:

She was on my DDP, and I could have sworn she was on deathlist too (I wouldn't have heard of her otherwise). Oh well, back to Ruby Mohammed ...

Struggling to think up a headline for her, any ideas?

I'm trying to do the same for the outgoing WDP Update. I can't come up with anything - I guess her name is just too boring.

Bit gutted here, she was on the longish list of 16 I had down for my ex....leaders and breeders on the CPDP theme team. Ruled her out on two grounds:

1 - She wasn' married to Ronnie when he was president.

2 - Thought Mugabe a better bet for rapid death.

sh*t!

Seems a shame that she went up from #37 in 2005 to #21 last year before dropping out of the list in 2007. I expect she was #51 :unsure:

That makes me feel better about dropping her from my lists too. No-one had her on my pool either, I guess we all just forgot about her.

Bury me in a Wyman shaped coffin? :unsure:

Wyed out!

I thought it was on the list...I thought it was number 10!

Oh well, win some lose some..... :unsure:

I bet Charlton Heston will be next to go-another one of last years names not on this years list-bad move.Or if Maggie Thatcher dies next we'll all be cursing the fact shes not hit no 10 !

Falcon Crest Laid to Rest?

i think she won an oscar for that or something. ?