Ronaldo.

3 World Cups. 3 goals.

Iran, North Korea and Ghana.

Messi.

3 World Cups. 5 goals.

28 games and 8 goals between them.

Best players evvvvaaaah.

Fwiw.

Neymar being injured equals Brazil 'win' and I've never tipped them before in a WC, he's fresh and will kill everycunto.

Outsider Croatia, in their backyard and talented as fuck.

England will scrape it out their Group with luck, then Kane breaks his face in a humiliation of a penalty defeat.

Fuck.

Lying in bed thinking on the Messi/Ronaldo thing.

2 more goals at the World Cup than Oleg Salenko, in 25 more games.

Let that sink in.

The hun bassa Salenko.

* trivia.

Salenko the only cunto to have won the Golden Boot at u-20 and proper WC.

Opening ceremony about to start.

Robbie Williams doing it for free, suppose it's the only time he'll get to play in front of that many people for a while. Bizarre choice.

It's a bit shit isn't. Spent all the money on bribing FIFA?

Bribes worked.

Respects to Putin.

• Like 4

Was having a conversation recently whether England will ever host another world cup. Given a joint bid has been accepted for 2026 should a Home Nations bid from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland be put in for the 2030 World Cup? It seems criminal that the home of football hasn't hosted a tournament for so long. Given how often we've tried it's clear they won't give it to England alone. A home nations bid makes far more sense, spreads the economic benefit across the entire island, gives more opportunity to distance training camps from eachother. We're a relatively small nation even with all 4 of us so it'd still be low travel for teams and we're pretty accessible as a nation for most European countries (provided Brexit doesn't fuck that up). The main barrier to such a bid would be building a large enough stadium in Northern Ireland as they don't currently have one above 40k in capacity and Casement Park is already being redeveloped to be above 40k.

We also have plenty of suitable stadiums. 40,000 being the minimum capacity. 11 cities and 12 stadiums being used for Russia, however as by 2036 there'll be another 16 teams, we could probably look at 16-18 stadiums; which we could still meet and spread across a fair bit of the country. As long as you didn't schedule games in the same city each day (excepting London) you'd be okay. 

Wembley Stadium - 90,000 (London)

Twickenham Stadium 82,000 (London)

Old Trafford 75,731 (Manchester)

Olympic Stadium, 66,000 (London)

Emirates Stadium 60,432 (London)

Etihad 55,075 (Manchester)

Millenium Stadium 74,500 (Cardiff)

Murrayfield 67,144 (Edingburgh)

Celtic Park 60,411 (Glasgow)

Anfield 54,074 (Liverpool)

St James 52,404 (Newcastle)

Hampden Park 51,886 (Glasgow)

Stadium of Light 49,000  (Sunderland)

Villa Park 42,573 (Birmingham)

Casement Park 40,000 (Antrim)

Elland Road 40,000 (Leeds) (would need an expansion)

Frankly, I'd be astonished if Scotland was in the UK by 2030, but if it gets us qualification automatically, that might just be acceptable to our new leader Groaty John (currently 16 and on a temporary zero hours apprenticeship with Starbucks)....

• Like 2

I haven't read the fine print about the joint USA/Canada/Mexico bid, but does this mean that all 3 countries are given automatic entry?  This would be a major boost for Canada, currently 79 on the rankings and has only ever made the final tournament once.  If they stick with the 32 team format it will put pressure on spots for some of the fringe countries.  If the United Kingdom made a joint bid bid and England, Wales, Scotland and Nth Ireland all got automatic entry it would be even more pressure.  Not such a problem if the predicted expansion to 48 occurs though.

Exactly one year to the day Bill Dana dies, the winning goal in the Uruguay/Egypt match is scored by Jose Gimenez.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Exactly one year to the day Bill Dana dies, the winning goal in the Uruguay/Egypt match is scored by Jose Gimenez.

Fucking hell is that dated now!

14 hours ago, Dr_T said:

I haven't read the fine print about the joint USA/Canada/Mexico bid, but does this mean that all 3 countries are given automatic entry?  This would be a major boost for Canada, currently 79 on the rankings and has only ever made the final tournament once.  If they stick with the 32 team format it will put pressure on spots for some of the fringe countries.  If the United Kingdom made a joint bid bid and England, Wales, Scotland and Nth Ireland all got automatic entry it would be even more pressure.  Not such a problem if the predicted expansion to 48 occurs though.

They haven't decided yet. The bidding countries expect it, but FIFA would be within their rights to only give it to one of the countries. 

On 13/06/2018 at 21:36, charon said:

^^^ very good.

Ronaldo.

3 World Cups. 3 goals.

4 now. Diving for penalties 3 mins in, why didn't he think of that years ago? :P

Actually, uni classmate of dads lead the Scottish scoring table after 4 games one season the mid-80s, all of his goals penalties from diving! Forget his name, will ask next time I see him.

Portugal v Spain. Fucking good game!

• Like 1

Yes, good one, first I watch this year. Worth it.

So, work sweepstake and I've drawn Germany

Could have gone a lot worse, eh?

• Like 1

Goal for Iceland! I can die in peace....

Now I did predict the 1-1, but it's unlikely to end there.

• Like 1

England are doomed.  :(

Tunisia have got Bronn playing for them.

9157e76d-2ecb-4c66-b25e-3e0398a49660.jpg

• Like 1

Ahhh, I'd forgotten how racist biased English Commentators are...ha! Calling a bunch of workshy thickos "intelligent" and "clever"...

Not only that but the supporters bash out "Rule Britannia" like it's a solely English number.

Nevertheless, it is a storming performance by England against Tunisia so far, have to applaud them for their ability....not only in playing football but living up to their "Englishman abroad" tag by elbowing a foreigner in the face....:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ahhh, I'd forgotten how racist biased English Commentators are...ha! Calling a bunch of workshy thickos "intelligent" and "clever"...

Not only that but the supporters bash out "Rule Britannia" like it's a solely English number.

Nevertheless, it is a storming performance by England against Tunisia so far, have to applaud them for their ability....not only in playing football but living up to their "Englishman abroad" tag by elbowing a foreigner in the face....:lol:

Penalty given to the Tunisian for walking into Kyle Walker but no penalty given to Harry Kane despite a Tunisian ragging him about? Consistency where art thou my referee?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Penalty given to the Tunisian for walking into Kyle Walker but no penalty given to Harry Kane despite a Tunisian ragging him about? Consistency where art thou my referee?

Image result for its so unfair

When do Scotland play?  :angely:

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

but living up to their "Englishman abroad" tag by elbowing a foreigner in the face....

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

no penalty given to Harry Kane despite a Tunisian ragging him about?

Can't see the point of that VAR if they're just going to ignore wrestling a player to the ground or lassoing him round the neck with an arm........ after that penalty award.

I don't really care if they allow mma cage fighting in the area tbh, but at least be consistent about it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Toast said:

When do Scotland play:angely:

Apparently they didn't, that's why they're not there.

(this response dedicated to @YoungWillz and @Clorox Bleachman for their 'predictions' in another thread). Grudge bearing? Moi? Never.

• Haha 2

You take gentle teasing too seriously ha!

I'm content England won, they deserved it. But how can you stand all that sycophantic bullshit from the mike?

Here's a few examples from last night:

England 1-0 up. "Gareth has really got a great system, it's working well", yada , yada.

Last 10 mins at 1-1 "They really are going to have to change this system, it's not working."

During first 20 minutes and at the end of the game: "I think you have to agree this is the best football we've seen in the whole competition so far." No, I don't. I think Portugal/Spain was sublime football from start to finish, and Mexico were awesome and much better than your boys.

Gawdawful....