Deathray

William Roache

Despite having the Betty Driver Memorial Thread and the Yewtree thread @YoungWillz thought that I should start a thread for the only person who's managed to hold down a job he can't do for knocking on 60 years. Corrie bosses if you're reading this I'm also a shit actor and like Coronation Street, could do with a 60 year career fucking up my lines and giving two emotional expressions only to cover every situation. Just PM me. 

Claims to have shagged 1,000+ women. Probably why he struggled to remember details when he was intimately grilled about them in the name of Yewtree but got away with it. Best known for fucking up his lines in thousands of episodes of Coronation Street, yet being an egotistical maniac who thinks he'd have been the next Hollywood superstar if he had turned Corrie down. Views himself as the guardian of Ken Barlow and constantly argues with producers over whether Ken would do something. One of the last survivors of the original cast of Coronation Street and cult icon in the United Kingdom. Despite his obvious insanity, purely through longevity he's become important in the national psyche and penetrated far beyond the world of soap, how many fictional marital scraps have the outcome shown on the scoreboard at Old Trafford? Spiritually searching for something with his weird cults that he belongs to, aged massively in the past few years so might be about to cark it you never know. Wants to work until he's 100 unfortunately for those of us who actually watch Corrie, but working that long might induce a stress related heart attack to save us all from his one emotion and bad delivery....

I'm only starting this thread to avoid whoever does when he eventually carks it opening it with some post-humous glowing eulogisation of the ineffective, lucky old cunt in his thread's first post. Always remember he's a shit actor who isn't sacked because he's been their too long to sack. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I reckon he still has a few years left.

20 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Claims to have shagged a 1,000 women.

Although official figures  in 2013 put it closer to 995 women and 5 young girls.

(this later got corrected by the courts back up to the original 1,000).

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Sean said:

I reckon he still has a few years left.

Reckon he'll be working into his late 90s, unfortunately.  That's said a badly position set of wires on set and it's tara Ken Barlow.

Bill Roache is one seriously weird guy, he believes he is going to live to be 120 as he is actually getting younger as his body is regenerating itself and his cells are being replaced by new younger ones due to him training his mind and body to get younger. He thinks the body is designed forever and  that pure love can save the world. He probably will live to his mid to late 90s and be in Corrie till his dying day which is a shame as he can’t act and is annoying as hell.

• Like 2

Just now, Fergie86 said:

Bill Roache is one seriously weird guy, he believes he is going to live to be 120 as he is actually getting younger as his body is regenerating itself and his cells are being replaced by new younger ones due to him training his mind and body to get younger. He thinks the body is designed forever and  that pure love can save the world. He probably will live to his mid to late 90s and be in Corrie till his dying day which is a shame as he can’t act and is annoying as hell.

At least the other actors who fanny about into their 80s and 90s on Corrie and other soaps have some acting ability. Eileen Derbyshire has many scenes from the 70s and early 80s that show she was competent, Barbara Knox is an astounding actress as the 70s and 80s and quite a bit of the noughties show even if she's become a caricature lately. William Roache has over half a century of line fluffing and phoning it in.

I wish they'd repeat Corrie uncensored from the start at a time most of humanity can actually watch it (6.00pm and 6.30pm on a week night on ITV3 and available on itvplayer would be ideal). Partly so the myth that William Roache used to be good can be put to bed forever. 

2 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

He's already outlived two of his wives and 2 kids. Maybe He's sucking the life force out of them and extending his own. Joking aside i read once the human body is built to live a maxium of 120 years.genetics,luck, standard of living and life choices cut that down. Seems to me the newer generation have gained a decade. People in their 20s still acting childish and like teenagers, people in their 30s getting their life together, marriage kids late 30s /early 40s. Life begins at 50 etc. People in their 60s and 70s alot more active than the generation of people in their 60s and 70s before. On holiday i met and active couple in their mid 70s all my grandparents were dead before their mid 70s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

For a mail article that's quite interesting, although we might need to change the tag-line to "won't answer questions about how many women he's actually shagged".

• Haha 1

Fair play to the mod who changed the tag-line :lol: 

If I look as good as this at 87 (88 next saturday)  I will be very happy ! 

1_William-Roache.jpg

• Like 2

Posted in this in Betty Driver but probably more apt in here,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11817844/coronation-street-bill-roache-lockdown/

A rare glimpse of 'William Roache' as opposed to tarted up 'Ken Barlow'

That pic makes me wonder if the 'stroke' he had in Corrie was written to sit around a real life one he had in private? 

Coronation Street's Bill Roache has been spotted out for the first time in lockdown

• Like 1

The last two photos look as if they were taken about 10-15 years apart. The latter one looks like Nigel Havers in 20 years time or a cross between Havers & Bill Nighy.

13 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

The last two photos look as if they were taken about 10-15 years apart.

His hair looks the same.  Can't see his hands in the first one.  I will say, a smile can make a big difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Posted in this in Betty Driver but probably more apt in here,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11817844/coronation-street-bill-roache-lockdown/

A rare glimpse of 'William Roache' as opposed to tarted up 'Ken Barlow'

That pic makes me wonder if the 'stroke' he had in Corrie was written to sit around a real life one he had in private? 

Coronation Street's Bill Roache has been spotted out for the first time in lockdown

Looks like he's got a big dog!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, redrumours said:

Looks like he's got a big dog!

He's certainly deteriorated a lot since April ! 

On 20/06/2018 at 17:30, Fergie86 said:

Update (or just repetition?) on his quest for immortality:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13130169/coronation-street-bill-roache-reverse-ageing-process/

13 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/14469562/coronation-street-bill-roache-soap-break-fallen-ill/

Bill Roache  taking time off Coronation Street after falling ill.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9409215/Bill-Roache-88-forced-time-soap-testing-positive-Covid.html
has revealed he tested positive for Covid but has now recovered, 

• Like 1