Deathray

William Roache

16 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wants to be still there at 100 if he can 

So did June Brown once. Give him 5 years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, msc said:

To be fair, June Brown/Dot Cotton was most well known for sucking on fags for the last 30 years.

Its a miracle she lasted as long as she did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

I think Bill Roache will probably get to 97 or 98, he is starting to age more rapidly now which isn’t surprising given he is 91 in a few months though he still looks well for his age but he has poor circulation as he has a few black bruises on his hands. 

1 hour ago, msc said:

Did she ever say that?

54 minutes ago, Windsor said:

To be fair, June Brown/Dot Cotton was most well known for sucking on fags for the last 30 years.

Its a miracle she lasted as long as she did. 

She was also fond of drinking.

35 minutes ago, Sean said:

Did she ever say that?

Not specifically 100, but she did say she never planned to quit the role of Dot as it kept her alive and she didn't think she'd survive if she had to leave the show. This was Desert Island Discs, about 5-10 years ago.

• Like 2

I believe that as of today he has over taken Betty Driver as Corries oldest ever regular cast member on Corrie, and he's obviously in much better health than she was as she'd had a 6 month break due to her health issues from which she never returned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I believe that as of today he has over taken Betty Driver as Corries oldest ever regular cast member on Corrie, and he's obviously in much better health than she was as she'd had a 6 month break due to her health issues from which she never returned.

I think he still has a bit to go Doris Speed as Annie Walker lived until she was 95 almost 96, so still another 4 and bit years to go. I do think Bill Roache will surpass her though but at that age 4 and a half years is a long time no matter how healthy you are, he isn’t appearing much now and is starting to look frailer but still in fantastic shape for 91. 

Most Coronation Street’s older cast seem to go on forever, I think most likely to go are Sue Nicholls who isn’t looking great at all, Julie Goodyear with her Dementia or Barbara Knox who is 90 at end of month and looking frailer though she’s just signed a new 1 year deal so probably not that bad but get the impression that like Roache she will be there until she drops. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Betty wasn't in corrie for the final months of life due to ill health so he was already the oldest regular if you account for that.

1 hour ago, Fergie86 said:

I think he still has a bit to go Doris Speed as Annie Walker lived until she was 95 almost 96, so still another 4 and bit years to go. I do think Bill Roache will surpass her though but at that age 4 and a half years is a long time no matter how healthy you are, he isn’t appearing much now and is starting to look frailer but still in fantastic shape for 91. 

Most Coronation Street’s older cast seem to go on forever, I think most likely to go are Sue Nicholls who isn’t looking great at all, Julie Goodyear with her Dementia or Barbara Knox who is 90 at end of month and looking frailer though she’s just signed a new 1 year deal so probably not that bad but get the impression that like Roache she will be there until she drops. 

Malcolm Hebden also retired due to serious heart problems and Eileen Derbyshire turns 92 in October.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Betty wasn't in corrie for the final months of life due to ill health so he was already the oldest regular if you account for that.

I did mention she was off on sick when she died, but it wasn't a permanent arrangement. She was still on the regular cast and expected to return until she died, like how Jennie McAlpine (Fiz) is on maternity leave at the moment

• Like 1

I still go with Eileen being 93 instead of 92 if you type in Eileen Derbyshire born October 6 1930, there are plenty to support that

William Roache at 91 isn't the oldest tv soap star, as William Hayes (Days of our lives) is 98 and still appears in his show :o

• Shocked 1

On 29/12/2023 at 13:30, Miranda lass said:

I still go with Eileen being 93 instead of 92 if you type in Eileen Derbyshire born October 6 1930, there are plenty to support that

William Roache at 91 isn't the oldest tv soap star, as William Hayes (Days of our lives) is 98 and still appears in his show :o

Dead as of 12 Jan, mind (Hayes, not Roache), thought I'd mention that for anyone looking in who missed it. So his final appearances might see the show re-branded Last Days of Our Lives

• Shocked 1

Huh.. All that blustering about feeling much younger will catch up with him now, now that the facade is gone.

On 25/01/2024 at 23:12, gcreptile said:

Huh.. All that blustering about feeling much younger will catch up with him now, now that the facade is gone.

It’s not his first bankruptcy so he should be used to it. 

Watching him in tonight’s Corrie and he looks pretty well for 91. Even had outdoor filmed scenes which older soap cast members often don’t tend to do after a certain age particularly in Winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Watching him in tonight’s Corrie and he looks pretty well for 91. Even had outdoor filmed scenes which older soap cast members often don’t tend to do after a certain age particularly in Winter.

Weren't you on a bus to somewhere?

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Back so soon from your walk?