Sign in to follow this  
Wormfarmer

ABC Deadpool II

11 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

I swear I've seen an ABC Deadpool III topic in the last week.

I'm glad I didn't send my list in yet. Zeffirelli was on both.

I haven't seen it. My team's been ready since June 1st, and I ditched Zeffirelli purposefully as I thought either he'll die just before the start (correct) or he won't and last until after the start of ABC IV.

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I haven't seen it. My team's been ready since June 1st, and I ditched Zeffirelli purposefully as I thought either he'll die just before the start (correct) or he won't and last until after the start of ABC IV.

Wishful thinking on my part then.

Philomena Lynott's Times obit has probably given the game to RadGuy.

• Like 1

Still astounded Hilda Hansen (1+2+1938+solo )(8) didn’t obit.  Didn’t really expect Azreen Manan (2+solo)(5) to obit, but if they had I’d have been 46 points.  Story of Sir Creep’s DP life.

Is this game going to run again? 

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2019 at 18:19, Joey Russ said:

Is this game going to run again? 

Hope so! Hey @Wormfarmer ! What do you say? B)

When Dave Bartholomew gets his QO, he will be my fifth hit on this pool, and the third this month!

• Like 1

Sadly, looks like there's not enough time to get a third year of this game up and running by tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sadly, looks like there's not enough time to get a third year of this game up and running by tomorrow.

It could be re-started at any time, could it not, if someone was willing to run it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

It could be re-started at any time, could it not, if someone was willing to run it? 

I'd think so. Maybe some kind soul could take it over if Wormfarmer agrees.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I'd think so. Maybe some kind soul could take it over if Wormfarmer agrees.

If a third version, I'll try and join in.

• Like 1

A is for August.

Sir Creep seems to be the only person around here what doesn’t run a DP, and he has plenty of time ta do!

So if’n you want I can oversee this for a year, but no sense in pinching teams last second.  Just start 1 August 2019.

Same rules etc.  I’m not re-inventing the wheel, just getting it upright and rolling.

If that works for everyone.... 

SirC

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A is for August.

Sir Creep seems to be the only person around here what doesn’t run a DP, and he has plenty of time ta do!

So if’n you want I can oversee this for a year, but no sense in pinching teams last second.  Just start 1 August 2019.

Same rules etc.  I’m not re-inventing the wheel, just getting it upright and rolling.

SirC

I think you'd be really good at it.

I will submit at least something - with the hope of doing (much) better than this year.

I'll play again. 

I will send in my team by PM in due course.

Assessing Bibliogryphon's Chances as being negligible won't prevent me from fielding a team.

Good afternoon, ABC poolers!  I know I have left you hanging on the possibility of a 3rd year for this pool.  I do like running it and I think it is a good format.  However, I have a big vacation coming up and I will be out for most of July.  My plan was to have it run for 11 months, from Aug 1,2019 until June 30, 2020, thus giving people the whole month of July to submit teams.  Now I see that recently Sir Creep has proposed just that exact thing, and he has also volunteered to take over running it.  I think I would like that, just being able to play this year.  I have a couple of other pools going, so I am starting to find it hard to juggle them all in a timely manner.  So if Sir Creep is willing to do it I will hand over the reigns for ABC DP III.  I will definitely be submitting a team via PM.  My first year team was quite good, but I sure slipped in year 2.  

Today is the last day for new hits in the current pool.  The master standings list for this year is still up to date as far as I know, but there are a lot of names involved so please check your own list and inform me of any mistakes/misses by July 5th for proper credit.  I will post final standings after that.  

Good luck to Sir Creep, who can PM me if you have any questions!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 30/06/2019 at 15:33, Sir Creep said:

A is for August.

SirC

I have submitted a team. Hoping that isn't jumping the gun. No subs because that is going to be needed to be done on a letter by letter basis. Good luck to everyone else and a massive thanks to @Sir Creep

• Like 2

I'm going to wait for the new thread, just to check any new rules....:D

• Like 2

August 1 would be a great ABC Deadpool III starting date for me. Like YoungWillz, I too have spent June's "sad, last days" cleaning up and emptying a house after 20 years of residence.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 02/07/2019 at 09:23, Torva Messor said:

August 1 would be a great ABC Deadpool III starting date for me. Like YoungWillz, I too have spent June's "sad, last days" cleaning up and emptying a house after 20 years of residence.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an I. Which I did, hours after I posted the quoted comment, when my Deadpool III candidate Lee I-a-croak-a got recalled.

This standings list is updated with all scores I am aware of through the end of the game:  (Thanks for all your help with the obits)

FINAL STANDINGS FOR YEAR 2

place    pts

1            53     RadGuy

2            44      Death Impends

3            41     Capn Chorizo

4            33     Sir Creep

5            31      Joey Russ 

6            28      Clorox Bleachman
7T         26     Torva Messor

7T         26      Fixed Business
9            24     gc reptile

10          22     YoungWillz