Me irl if ALM drops dead before I can use her in any  pools:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Who?

Details, ta.

• Thanks 1

(Spade Cooley rants)

Personal rules:

1) Are they someone who will attract any interesting discussion? Cliff Richard probably isn't going to drop dead any time soon, but there's always lots of rumour and innuendo about him

2) Are they actually famous? Threads for the second bass player from The Bluetones probably aren't valuable

3) Are they in the public eye? Threads about hermits won't work, which is why I wouldn't start a, say, Bobbie Gentry thread. However, Jenny Ditski got a thread from me because she was very vocal on Twitter during her final months.

4) Are you post-whoring? Please don't.

----------------------------

(2 days later)

Me irl if ALM drops dead before I can use her in any  pools:
giphy.gif

• Haha 1

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

plural hypocrisies

1: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not : behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel 

2: an act or instance of hypocrisy 

2 hours ago, msc said:

Who?

Details, ta.

52 years old.

Star of a terrible reality show called Dance Moms which ran for 6 years.

Has her own Wikipedia page.

More famous than Tiffany Youngs but less famous than Mitzi Shore.

Obese.

Diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma which isn't terminal but her chances of dying are quite high.

Spotted looking rough in a wheelchair, earning her a "Sad Last Days" article.

All in all, should she have her own thread? Mibbies aye, mibbes naw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

3) Are they in the public eye?

latest?cb=20130626180145

More people have seen some variant of  this ALM gif on twitter,facebook,a message board etc. in the last 2-3 years, then have listened to a Linda Nolan song or watched an Ian St. John football highlight in the last 20 years.

How famous is she in America?

More famous than Laszlo Panaflex and Loongkonaan combined

• Haha 1

Never heard of her.

Been watching the 80s TOTP so heard Linda Nolan several times. Ian St John never had a football highlight, that's a misdirection....:lol:

• Like 3

Her cancer has a 90% cure rate.Not convinced she is a goner yet.

• Like 1

Never heard of the whale.

Never seen the gif.

Assumed she the unknown sister of Johhny.

Obitable / yes.

Thread worthy / no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m not convinced that she has the cancer they say she has if I’m being honest. Mind you, I doubt that it’ll kill her soon either...

She's the star of a reality TV show that's been running for god-knows-how-long and her going to prison was front page of the gossip rags both sides of the Atlantic, she counts.

• Like 1

I have never heard of her and don't recognise the memes.

In America, Abby Lee Miller is about 20 times more famous than all of the following names combined: Linda Nolan, Leah Bracknell, Herman Wouk, Linda Nolan, Peter Carrington, JPDC, Stirling Moss, Tessa Jowell, Prunella Scales, Leslie Phillips, Jill Gascoine, Vera Lynn, Charles Aznavour, Honor Blackman, Stanley Baxter, Valery d'escgardepissstain, Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, June Brown, Denis Norden, Ian St. John, Jimmy Greaves, Clive James, Joni Mitchell, Gazza, and Mark Smith. I understand that this is not an American site, but even an American reality show personality from TLC has to be more relevant in Britain than Nolan, JPDC, Valery d'Whatever, or Ian St. John

I assume trashy tabloids like the daily mail and the aforementioned national enquirer "sad last days!" types will be all over ALM's death. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

More people have seen some variant of  this ALM gif on twitter,facebook,a message board etc. in the last 2-3 years, then have listened to a Linda Nolan song or watched an Ian St. John football highlight in the last 20 years.

Well, I haven't and I've never heard of her.

I have heard of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma though because it killed my mother.  She got halfway through a course of chemotherapy at which point it seemed to have almost wiped out the lymphoma.  However it came back immediately and she was dead within two weeks.  So you never know.

3 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

In America, Abby Lee Miller is about 20 times more famous than all of the following names combined: Linda Nolan, Leah Bracknell, Herman Wouk, Linda Nolan, Peter Carrington, JPDC, Stirling Moss, Tessa Jowell, Prunella Scales, Leslie Phillips, Jill Gascoine, Vera Lynn, Charles Aznavour, Honor Blackman, Stanley Baxter, Valery d'escgardepissstain, Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, June Brown, Denis Norden, Ian St. John, Jimmy Greaves, Clive James, Joni Mitchell, Gazza, and Mark Smith. I understand that this is not an American site, but even an American reality show personality from TLC has to be more relevant in Britain than Nolan, JPDC, Valery d'Whatever, or Ian St. John

I assume trashy tabloids like the daily mail and the aforementioned national enquirer "sad last days!" types will be all over ALM's death. 

Relevant?  Only to the lowest common denominator.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I have heard of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma though because it killed my mother.  She got halfway through a course of chemotherapy at which point it seemed to have almost wiped out the lymphoma.  However it came back immediately and she was dead within two weeks.  So you never know.

She'll definitely get an obit in the UK as dance moms is an incredibly popular TV series in UK with viewing figures up to two million. Kinda of pig headed to think just because YOU'VE never heard that other people haven't as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Pretty bold assessment putting Mel Brooks in that mix :scratchhead:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Probably more famous than both Linda Nolans. ;)

I'm sorry to say that I'd guess that at best, whoever this no mark is, she'd be relevant to say less than 10 per cent of the UK population.

She's probably less relevant in the UK than Big Van Vader....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Relevant?  Only to the lowest common denominator.

Like i said come off it its pretty easy to say people who are famous to you are relevant to the lowest common dominator. This is ingorance on your part becuase just becuase you don't like dance moms you dismiss its audience as the lowest common diaminator. The world doesn't rotate around you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Well, it does also kind of depends on what you follow as well. Pretty sure racing fans will recognize Stirling Moss much more easily than Lee Miller. Similarly, punk/new wave fans will know Mark E Smith a lot better than her. And no way she’s bigger than Mel Brooks, or even Joni Mitchell tbh...

• Like 4

Thread has been open for 5 hours and Queen Abby Lee has already sparked a war. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only by the worst post in DL history, by "you".

On 24/06/2018 at 16:45, Mad Hatter2 said:
On 24/06/2018 at 16:39, Toast said:

She'll definitely get an obit in the UK as dance moms is an incredibly popular TV series in UK with viewing figures up to two million. Kinda of pig headed to think just because YOU'VE never heard that other people haven't as well. 

Where did I mention other people?  All I said was that I haven't heard of her.

The main point of my post (which you rather rudely ignored) was that I have some experience of the disease she has.  You're an insensitive little cunt.

• Like 1