Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Abby Lee Miller

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

In America, Abby Lee Miller is about 20 times more famous than all of the following names combined: Linda Nolan, Leah Bracknell, Herman Wouk, Linda Nolan, Peter Carrington, JPDC, Stirling Moss, Tessa Jowell, Prunella Scales, Leslie Phillips, Jill Gascoine, Vera Lynn, Charles Aznavour, Honor Blackman, Stanley Baxter, Valery d'escgardepissstain, Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, June Brown, Denis Norden, Ian St. John, Jimmy Greaves, Clive James, Joni Mitchell, Gazza, and Mark Smith. I understand that this is not an American site, but even an American reality show personality from TLC has to be more relevant in Britain than Nolan, JPDC, Valery d'Whatever, or Ian St. John

I assume trashy tabloids like the daily mail and the aforementioned national enquirer "sad last days!" types will be all over ALM's death. 

God help America

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

latest?cb=20130626180145

More people have seen some variant of  this ALM gif on twitter,facebook,a message board etc. in the last 2-3 years, then have listened to a Linda Nolan song or watched an Ian St. John football highlight in the last 20 years.

Not over here they haven't.

• Like 1

In America, Abby Lee Miller is about 20 times more famous than all of the following names combined: Linda Nolan, Leah Bracknell, Herman Wouk, Linda Nolan, Peter Carrington, JPDC, Stirling Moss, Tessa Jowell, Prunella Scales, Leslie Phillips, Jill Gascoine, Vera Lynn, Charles Aznavour, Honor Blackman, Stanley Baxter, Valery d'escgardepissstain, Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, June Brown, Denis Norden, Ian St. John, Jimmy Greaves, Clive James, Joni Mitchell, Gazza, and Mark Smith. I understand that this is not an American site, but even an American reality show personality from TLC has to be more relevant in Britain than Nolan, JPDC, Valery d'Whatever, or Ian St. John

I assume trashy tabloids like the daily mail and the aforementioned national enquirer "sad last days!" types will be all over ALM's death. 

Like fuck are they.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

She'll definitely get an obit in the UK as dance moms is an incredibly popular TV series in UK with viewing figures up to two million. Kinda of pig headed to think just because YOU'VE never heard that other people haven't as well. 

Does that include the 27 repeats of each episode?

• Thanks 1

That's something that could arguably be quantified in a rough and ready sort of way. Points allocated to each individual as to their 'fame quotient'. One could then ascribe bonuses for more famous in the UK (it's a uk based site) or for more famous with teens, or more famous with older than teens...or any other criteria everyone agreed on.

I have a few seconds before the next football game where my predict-a-score in another thread is plunging to new depths so lets see where that might take us:

Points I'd ascribe on a personal basis 1 to 10 for your list. (just mine, others can argue that's too biased, and it is. but we could as a site argue the merits on any individual and then come up with a consensus 'fame' score.

Linda Nolan - 4

Leah Bracknell - 2

Peter Carrington - 2

JPDC - 0

Stirling Moss - 5

Tessa Jowell - 4

Prunella Scales - 5

Leslie Phillips - 4

Jill Gascoigne - 2

Vera Lynn - 5

Charles Aznavour - 6

Honor Blackman - 7

Stanley Baxter - 5

Valery Giscard Destaing (sp) - 7

Mel Brooks - 8

Neil Simon - 8

June Brown - 3

Dennis Norden - 4

Ian St John - 3

Jimmy Greaves - 4

Clive James - 6

Joni Mitchell - 7

Gazza - 5

Mark Smith - 4.

I've not allocated more than 5 to folks that are possibly unknown outside the uk, or more than 4 if they are only known for say a soap or as a politician, since they might be very famous in their own country but unheard of elsewhere. Thus to get over 5 the subject would have to be internationally known. 

Incidentally, Abby Lee Miller would have to have a personal fame score of 2,200 for your assertion that she is 20 times more famous than the entirety in combination of others on the list :D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

That's something that could arguably be quantified in a rough and ready sort of way. Points allocated to each individual as to their 'fame quotient'. One could then ascribe bonuses for more famous in the UK (it's a uk based site) or for more famous with teens, or more famous with older than teens...or any other criteria everyone agreed on.

I have a few seconds before the next football game where my predict-a-score in another thread is plunging to new depths so lets see where that might take us:

Points I'd ascribe on a personal basis 1 to 10 for your list. (just mine, others can argue that's too biased, and it is. but we could as a site argue the merits on any individual and then come up with a consensus 'fame' score.

Linda Nolan - 4

Leah Bracknell - 2

Peter Carrington - 2

JPDC - 0

Stirling Moss - 5

Tessa Jowell - 4

Prunella Scales - 5

Leslie Phillips - 4

Jill Gascoigne - 2

Vera Lynn - 5

Charles Aznavour - 6

Honor Blackman - 7

Stanley Baxter - 5

Mel Brooks - 8

Neil Simon - 8

June Brown - 3

Dennis Norden - 4

Ian St John - 3

Jimmy Greaves - 4

Clive James - 6

Joni Mitchell - 7

Gazza - 5

Mark Smith - 4.

I've not allocated more than 5 to folks that are possibly unknown outside the uk, or more than 4 if they are only known for say a soap or as a politician, since they might be very famous in their own country but unheard of elsewhere. Thus to get over 5 the subject would have to be internationally known. 

Incidentally, Abby Lee Miller would have to have a personal fame score of 2,200 for your assertion that she is 20 times more famous than the entirety in combination of others on the list :D.

Looks like someone has a bit too much free time on their hands. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

Looks like someone has a bit too much free time on their hands. 

Nah, took 15 mins tops, probably full of errors and likely somebody will do the maths to point them out in due course. It was that or some pointless guff and ads before the next crucial world cup game....

Is Daaaaaawg the bounty hunters wife worth a thread?

Better known in UK and just as not ill.

Answer - nope.

35 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Linda Nolan - 4

Leah Bracknell - 2

Peter Carrington - 2

JPDC - 0

Stirling Moss - 5

Tessa Jowell - 4

Prunella Scales - 5

Leslie Phillips - 4

Jill Gascoigne - 2

Vera Lynn - 5

Charles Aznavour - 6

Honor Blackman - 7

Stanley Baxter - 5

Mel Brooks - 8

Neil Simon - 8

June Brown - 3

Dennis Norden - 4

Ian St John - 3

Jimmy Greaves - 4

Clive James - 6

Joni Mitchell - 7

Gazza - 5

Mark Smith - 4.

I would give Vera Lynn a 6 personally. The song We’ll Meet Again is well known no thanks in part due to Dr Strangelove...

14 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I would give Vera Lynn a 6 personally. The song We’ll Meet Again is well known no thanks in part due to Dr Strangelove...

I suppose WW2 didn't happen then you utter fuckwitt.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, charon said:

Is Daaaaaawg the bounty hunters wife worth a thread?

Better known in UK and just as not ill.

Answer - nope.

ZQ1qNdp.jpg

lSIIrSX.jpg

i never heard of Mark Smith until his death and i like that kinda music

what's the E stand for?

2 minutes ago, MDavidSteel said:

what's the E stand for?

Erection

considering it was post punk, it could be a reference to Johnnys former band

8 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

ZQ1qNdp.jpg

lSIIrSX.jpg

Thats gotta be bullshit.

Loads more men searched for Dogs wife, she has MAHOOSIVE juggs.

1 hour ago, MDavidSteel said:

what's the E stand for?

E for Eric.

According to Radar (:shock2:)

Our Queen will be bravely joining in for the 8th season of Dance Mom's. 

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

She's the star of a reality TV show that's been running for god-knows-how-long and her going to prison was front page of the gossip rags both sides of the Atlantic, she counts.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
And by both sides of the Atlantic you must mean England AND Ireland.

5 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Pretty bold assessment putting Mel Brooks in that mix :scratchhead:

About half of that list frankly.  As for the others, I agree....she is 2x as famous as all of them combined.  Which is zero.  Do the math.  

Never heard of this one. Blasphemy for saying Joni Mitchell is less famous than this nobody. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Never heard of this one. Blasphemy for saying Joni Mitchell is less famous than this nobody. 

Never knew Joni Mitchell existed until somebody posted in her thread a couple days ago. ALM is a cultural icon.

• Haha 1

But now you do know who she is and you still argue that ALM is more worthy???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Mitchell

9 Grammys 

Listen to some of her music, it's beautiful - try Both Sides Now as an easy starter that I'm sure you will recognise.

Now remind me what ALM has achieved.

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

But now you do know who she is and you still argue that ALM is more worthy???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Mitchell

9 Grammys 

Listen to some of her music, it's beautiful - try Both Sides Now as an easy starter that I'm sure you will recognise.

Now remind me what ALM has achieved.

3.4 million Instagram followers, ya damn boomer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Joni Mitchell record sales in US alone > 10 million.

In UK > 1.3 million.

I'm not sure she can wiggle her head from side to side though so you're probably right.