Grim Reaper

Jake Lamotta

Enyone knows where Jake LaMotta lives today and what is he doing? Is he active, still working in boxing business?

Lou

Search me, but me let me know. If he is, I'd like to order one.

What if the newly ordered JakeBox arrives flat-packed with an instruction leaflet? Or is that a sort of box-based blasphemy I just committed there?

It's beyond my imagination.

Someone still active in the media business is his daughter Stephanie, former model and girlfriend of Ringo Starr. Think her relationship with her dad has had its ups and downs over the years.

Boxing as such is a deplorable excuse for a sport. How can one view such dreadful antics as being a sport? Punching and bloodletting do not a sport make, no they do not. Seeing as how this topic is about Mr.LaMotta I can only add that I hope when his time comes it will be swift so this matter can be closed.

Take yer point about boxing Bennett but a couple of things have stopped me posting the same way:

i; Whatever we think it remains a big money business and people have a choice about fighting, paying for tickets and getting involved in the management side.

ii; We derive satisfaction around here from discussing the likely deaths of a range of famous people and/or pushing our wit and wisdom to the limits to abuse, joke about and investigate these people. I'm not sure we can claim any moral high ground over those involved in boxing.

Take yer point about boxing Bennett but a couple of things have stopped me posting the same way:

i; Whatever we think it remains a big money business and people have a choice about fighting, paying for tickets and getting involved in the management side.

ii; We derive satisfaction around here from discussing the likely deaths of a range of famous people and/or pushing our wit and wisdom to the limits to abuse, joke about and investigate these people. I'm not sure we can claim any moral high ground over those involved in boxing.

These are both wonderful vantage points which I had failed to contemplate. Good thinking Maryport, good thinking.

Lamotta will live on after his physical death. Anyone out there ever tried the tomato sauce inspired by the man? I might try and get some for Monday to celebrate his 85th birthday.

Aye, have a knockout birthday. Couldn't get none of yer Tomato Sauce to celebrate. I'll have some over in New York later this year.

Guest schoey
This is the place to discuss Jake Lamotta

Inlight of the scene in the bedroom with DeNiro and Cathy Moriarty shouldn't it have been called The 'Raising' Bull?

Schoey mate

Like welcome aboard and that but if you manage to sit through a cinematic masterpiece, totally blank out the acting, claustrophic lighting and the cutting and direction that convey boxing better than almost any cinema film before or since and then concentrate on one bit of sex..

Do you think you've got the mental agility to survive around here?

Guest reasonbran234@aol.com

This is, without a doubt, the most immature, juvenile, informationless and

simply retarded discussion board regarding a great boxer that I've ever come

across. Jake LaMotta was a monster most of his life, but unlike most sociopathic

rageaholics, he accomplished a small miracle by recognizing his own abhorrent

traits and writing a book about it, not asking for forgiveness or pity. He beat

up Norman Hayes, Michel Cerdan, even Sugar Ray Robinson--the man many

believe to have been the greatest boxer of any weight class--and did not become

punch-drunk, but lived to relay his whole ugly life story. That's something.

This board is a disservice to anyone with an IQ over sea level. And to that really

special case: boxing isn't just punching and bloodletting, it's a science. Scorsese

himself described it very aptly as a "physical game of chess". People get injured,

yeah. That's part of it. Get some testosterone.

unlike most sociopathic

traits and writing a book about it.

Give us some credit, we're doing the same one post at at time, they've lowered my medication five times since I joined this forum.

across. Jake LaMotta was a monster most of his life, but unlike most sociopathic

This board is a disservice to anyone with an IQ over sea level. And to that really

special case: boxing isn't just punching and bloodletting, it's a science. Scorsese

himself described it very aptly as a "physical game of chess". People get injured,

For christ's sake, does every single f*cking sport on this planet have to be described as a 'physical game of chess'?

I'm not a boxing expert I'll admit, but I'm not anti boxing and will quite happily watch it, but in what way is it even remotely like chess? Why would you even want to compare it to chess anyway? Whatever the tactics, at professional level the aim is partly at least to knock your opponent out, or do him some damage or stop him hurting you to win on points. I know there's tactics involved, but essentially it's two blokes trying to twat each other, and the sooner people realise this and appreciate it for what it is then the better.

Boxing is a science? According to who, boxers? You say 'get some testosterone', and then compare boxing to a science and chess, those two well-known testosterone-fuelled arenas of raging manliness.

Now why don't you go and try loads of different types of exotic meat and tell us they all taste of chicken.... or maybe even come up with something original.

This board is a disservice to anyone with an IQ over sea level.

clapper9yr.gif

Deathlisters take note: this is a fabulous insult! I think we should all try to use it in a sentence tomorrow. I love it!

reasonbran234, not totally sure what you're on about, and don't really care, but kudos for the insult! I for one think it's great! :bat:

Survey says... two enthusiastic thumbs up!!

Let's see if this posts has any RFC 616 merit.

1. [0] The post states that the members of DeathList.net are sick.
  2. [0] The post states that a relative or friend of the writer died recently.
  3. [0] The post states that a living relative or friend of the writer suffers from cancer or some other terminal disease.
  4. [0] If the post is written in a topic about a person, living or dead, the post states or infers that the subject is above criticism.
  5. [1] The post states or infers that the poster is morally or intellectually superior to the members of DeathList.net.
  6. [0] The post contains one or more obscenities.
  7. [0] The post states or infers a wish of a painful or imminent death on the members of DeathList.net.
  8. [0] The post states or infers a wish that the members of DeathList.net to go to hell.
  9. [0] The post contains five or more misspelt words. Obvious typos do not count as spelling mistakes, nor do accepted spelling variants.
  10. [0] The post contains two or more grammatical errors.
  11. [0] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "there / their / they're / there're".
  12. [0] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "your/ you're".
  13. [0] The post contains one or more instances of "alot" instead of "a lot".
  14. [0] The post contains one or more instances of the pronoun "I" in lower case.
  15. [0] The post contains five or more instances of bad interpunction and capitalisation.
  16. [0] The post contains three or more instances of a multisyllabic word written in ALL CAPS.
  17. [0] The post is written in one case only (lower case or capital).
  18. [0] The post contains one or more instances of consecutive question marks (??) or exclamation marks (!!).
  19. [0] The post contains l33t5PE@K or AOLese.
  20. [0] The post speaks about the poster in the third person
  21. [0] The post contains one or more direct contradictions.
  22. [1] The post contains one or more statements that are widely agreed on to be false.
  23. [0] The post tries to rebut a statement that was not made in a previous post in the topic.
  24. [1] The post contains one or more email addresses.
  25. [0] The post contains one or more threats of physical violence. Warnings are considered threats.

The DLRI of this post is (3/25)*100 = 12.

Although the score is certainly low, I must say that this is an interesting rant: it's well worded and spelt and it contains original thought and a fabulous insult.

regards,

Hein

Guest lurky the lurker

I too found this a splendidly splenetic rant. If we - I mean you - have a rant of the year award I think this is a serious contender. Respect.

I too found this a splendidly splenetic rant. If we - I mean you - have a rant of the year award I think this is a serious contender. Respect.

agreed. If that's his e-mail address we should probably write to the guy and tell him it's the best one we've received. Or maybe he'll pop back onto the site and see our appreciation.

agreed. If that's his e-mail address we should probably write to the guy and tell him it's the best one we've received. Or maybe he'll pop back onto the site and see our appreciation.

Well anything is possible Cowboy but I usually get the impression that most ranters come and go, half of the time never to return. Google is the door that brings them here, most of the time it's done by mistake. Then they make plans out of there mistakes, and they discover a place that is so great.

Ah, I sense my reply to the much acclaimed rant was misguided.

Although I defend the right to have a go at anyone who compares sports to chess. :angry:

My god, Chris Langham is on HIGNFY again! Have I missed something?

Has there ever been consideration for a DL awards ceremony at the end of each year? Best post factually, best humourous post, best rant, best rant reply, outstanding services to DL knowledge etc. Black tie?

I have a strappy black number that's been gathering dust for some time that deserves one more encore!

You've got summat there TLC.

I think an awards ceremony - held on a thread unveiled over Chrimbo - would be brilliant. If the mods managed it and only gave awards to the rank and file, and drive by posters it would bring peace and harmony on us all like one big happy family, or summat.

You've got summat there TLC.

I think an awards ceremony - held on a thread unveiled over Chrimbo - would be brilliant. If the mods managed it and only gave awards to the rank and file, and drive by posters it would bring peace and harmony on us all like one big happy family, or summat.

You just want to see me in a black strappy number don't you? You dirty tease.

Has there ever been consideration for a DL awards ceremony at the end of each year? Best post factually, best humourous post, best rant, best rant reply, outstanding services to DL knowledge etc. Black tie?

I have a strappy black number that's been gathering dust for some time that deserves one more encore!

An excellent suggestion. This was my favourite rant from last year, I think. At the time I advocated recognition for quality by way of calendrical inclusion. However, the idea of you and black strappiness has convinced me that an awards ceremony is defo the way forward.

An excellent suggestion. This was my favourite rant from last year, I think. At the time I advocated recognition for quality by way of calendrical inclusion. However, the idea of you and black strappiness has convinced me that an awards ceremony is defo the way forward.

My all time favorite rants were sadly destroyed by a jewish movie obsessive who had nothing better to do. As I remember, an eighty five year old woman actually asked me if she should have sex with her husband twice a month instead of once a week. I can't be positive but I think I told her to get a prescription for SPAM.

Re the awards, if and when I think Lady Clarissa on the Dickie O' thrad has probably already set a record for the longest average post. She's yet to post twenty times but she's probably managed more words than others who've topped 100 posts. Detailed and dedicated stuff too, and she seems appreciative of our interest in her all time hero.

Guest Buzz
:D I just don't know how anyone could not like Raging Bull. I just watched it again last night and Robert Di Niro did an amazing job in that film. He deserved every inch of that academy award for the roll he portrayed. I was aware of the fighting Jake LaMotta did but never really watched him fight as I wasn't a fight buff at that age, I was in high school at the time, or perhaps grammar school, but still, the movie was amazing to me. Except for the parts where he was beating his wife. That was disturbing, obviously Jake was a bull, a real horible person who deserved everything he got after he was champ, I mean the jail and the desertion of his family, but the acting DiNiro did was still amazing! How could you not agree with that?

I have problems regarding Martin Scorsese movies, I can't stand most of them.

I saw Raging Bull and I heard all the hype about how great it is and blah blah blah and I was just bored, I wanted it to end, the pain of watching it was unbearable.

Oh stupid one !!. This was an amazing movie, regardless of, if you're a boxing fan or not. You obviously don't have a good taste. Give credit where credit is due and take not an inch of the actors glory nor the directors thereof.