Grim Reaper

Jake Lamotta

3 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

That's exactly what a hoaxer would say!

I suppose the hoaxer also created hoax FB friends?  Oh and created his niece's FB page too (along with FB friends).  SMH some real dumb asses are being exposed here today.
I'm guessing the people here who just CAN'T wrap their heads around the delay in the person's death and letting others know about it are all under 20 and haven't had the lovely opportunity to experience a parent passing or other close relative.  You may find it 'bizarre' that the first thing on your mind may not be telling the world a pop culture icon is dead prior to making arrangements and getting ducks in a row prior to opening Pandora's Box to the upcoming media frenzy. 

Anyway..... RIP Champ.
SC

bio-banner.jpg

Well... RIP.... apparently quite a character. Lived longer than you'd think of a boxer/stand-up comedian.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I suppose the hoaxer also created hoax FB friends?  Oh and created his niece's FB page too (along with FB friends).  SMH some real dumb asses are being exposed here today.

Or... you know, I could be joking.

Are you that ignorant?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Are you that ignorant?

Yes, he is. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Are you that ignorant?

Oh no you don't you backpeddling twat.
"There's some sort of confirmation here: (although it cities the FB page)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jake-lamotta-dead-family-members-report-passing-raging-bull-boxing-legend-aged-96-1640095"

You along with many others 'weren't sure' when it was obvious.  You needed some independent source besides his DAUGHTER'S FB page, as if.

But that's fine, two hours later you were joking about the prospects of a hoax.  My fucking bad.  Sorry for my ABSURD misinterpretation.  
SC

•  

Him and Schleming lived for a combined 197 years, nearly - incredible for boxers, really. RIP to one of the Deathlist legends

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

And of course they fuck up and say he's 95.  Great editing.  SMH
SC

He was 95.

Even his daughter said so in her Facebook post.

Or do you think she's a liar and hoaxer?

"SMH some real dumb asses are being exposed here today."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Oh no you don't you backpeddling twat.
"There's some sort of confirmation here: (although it cities the FB page)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jake-lamotta-dead-family-members-report-passing-raging-bull-boxing-legend-aged-96-1640095"

You along with many others 'weren't sure' when it was obvious.  You needed some independent source besides his DAUGHTER'S FB page, as if.

But that's fine, two hours later you were joking about the prospects of a hoax.  My fucking bad.  Sorry for my ABSURD misinterpretation.  
SC

•  

I was sure since the start, I just wanted to add that the new source didn't add any new insight since it was relying on the same Facebook post we already knew. I didn't invent the rules of the Derby Dead Pool, and as they insist on a proper obituary, that's the way it had to be.

I also don't understant the urge to cuss some random guy on the internet, but whatever man.

• Like 1

Cause of death was pneumonia. I hope to see DL updated as soon as they can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And also Jerry Lewis' cause of death was cardiomyopathy, which is far more accurate than natural causes.

4 hours ago, msc said:

Him and Schleming lived for a combined 197 years, nearly - incredible for boxers, really. RIP to one of the Deathlist legends

99+95=194.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Here's ESPN's obit.

Yay, another obit that we really needed...

RIP - A true legend

12 minutes ago, drol said:

99+95=194.

100 (Schmeling in my head) plus 96 (lamotta's "stage age") was closer. But, you know, Maths...

17 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I believe it. Obits just won't arrive until later tonight or tomorrow. 

Jake Lamotta was a very interesting person, and I really want to see his biopic. I heard Robert De Niro did an excellent job of portraying him in the film. 

Not really unexpected, but still sad if true.

Yeah, not unexpected at all. And for me, the really sad thing was seeing him being really frail and not-at-all lucid on that horrible recent photo. At that stage, death could have been a relief for him.

msc said:

100 (Schmeling in my head) plus 96 (lamotta's "stage age") was closer. But, you know, Maths...

Close(r) but (still) no cigar :rolleyes:

Oh crap. Another one gone. I hope we  don't break a record. I hope we don't have a bunch dying at the end of the year, like we did last year. Given the ages of the people on the list, I think we will break a record, but I pray to G-d that we don't.By the way, I never heard of Jake Lamotta, until reading him on DeathList. A lot of people I never heard of, until this website.

2 minutes ago, JTrost1234 said:

Oh crap. Another one gone. I hope we  don't break a record. I hope we don't have a bunch dying at the end of the year, like we did last year. Given the ages of the people on the list, I think we will break a record, but I pray to G-d that we don't.By the way, I never heard of Jake Lamotta, until reading him on DeathList. A lot of people I never heard of, until this website.

There is no we. Only them...

39 minutes ago, JTrost1234 said:

Why are you even here if you don't want to hear/talk about death?