#41 Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

Jake, the Raging Bull is more like a pissed off chiquaqua these days.

I could take him, I think. :D

#42 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

Is anyone considering Joey La Motta (Joe Pesci's chacter) as a candidate for next year?

#43 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15030 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

Nope, but I could be persuaded if you explain why you posted the above.

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#44 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:13 AM

No real reason. Just watched Raging Bull. If La Motta isn't looking good after a lifetime spent in sports, his brother is probably in worse condition. Although his brother probably never engaged in the high stress lifestyle like La Motta. He was just a spur of the moment suggestion. The post would've been better suited for the suggestions thread, but I was reading La Motta when it occurred to me.

#45 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

You are all getting off topic, the point of this discussion is not to debate pointless, and unfixable predjudices but to discuss the great boxer Jake Lamotta. He was among one of the most couragous, ruthless, and psychologicaly unsound fighters in boxing history. He spent his life on the streets fighting other kids for quarters, and then fought his way all through a juvenile detention center, making him one of the most feared, and heartless, (being evil, not mental stamina) fighters ever put into a ring. He had more chin then Rocky, and more power then Tison. His only downfall was to his own, lethargic, and jealous ambitions. His young wife became his possesion, he almost killed other men in the ring because she thought they were "good-looking" His marital, and other family problems became too much for the psychopath of a fighter, and he ruined his once grand career. But he never went down doing so. In the 13th round of his final fight against Sugar Ray Robinson he purposely allowed himself to be beaten half to death, but never go down. He had more heart than we can imagine, and obviously with that the chin. He would talk tough even to gangsters, and mob guys, just because he was so heavily feared. He once said "I get ya's both in the ring, I'll give ya both a f****n' beatin', ya both can F**k each other." to two gangsters sitting right next to their infamous Godfather, this just goes to show how much respect, and fear their was for this glorious, yet maniac of a fighter. A toast to my favorite fighter! Jake Lamotta! The true fighter, the Gladiator of his time, and the one and only Bronx Bull!

#46 Slave to the Grave

Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:34 AM

He had more chin then Rocky......

Posted Image
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#47 Guest_tomtom_*

Guest_tomtom_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

Tison?.

#48 Guest_Loulou_*

Guest_Loulou_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

Enyone knows where Jake LaMotta lives today and what is he doing? Is he active, still working in boxing business?

Lou

#49 Godot

Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3860 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

Enyone knows where Jake LaMotta lives today and what is he doing? Is he active, still working in boxing business?

Lou

Search me, but me let me know. If he is, I'd like to order one.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#50 TLC

TLC

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

Lou

What if the newly ordered JakeBox™ arrives flat-packed with an instruction leaflet? Or is that a sort of box-based blasphemy I just committed there?
'I know a man named Hank,
he has more rhymes than a serious bank'

#51 Godot

Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3860 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:25 PM

Lou

What if the newly ordered JakeBox™ arrives flat-packed with an instruction leaflet? Or is that a sort of box-based blasphemy I just committed there?

It's beyond my imagination.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#52 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 15030 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:32 AM

Someone still active in the media business is his daughter Stephanie, former model and girlfriend of Ringo Starr. Think her relationship with her dad has had its ups and downs over the years.

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#53 Bennett_Cerf

Bennett_Cerf

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:23 AM

Boxing as such is a deplorable excuse for a sport. How can one view such dreadful antics as being a sport? Punching and bloodletting do not a sport make, no they do not. Seeing as how this topic is about Mr.LaMotta I can only add that I hope when his time comes it will be swift so this matter can be closed.

#54 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 15030 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

Take yer point about boxing Bennett but a couple of things have stopped me posting the same way:

i; Whatever we think it remains a big money business and people have a choice about fighting, paying for tickets and getting involved in the management side.

ii; We derive satisfaction around here from discussing the likely deaths of a range of famous people and/or pushing our wit and wisdom to the limits to abuse, joke about and investigate these people. I'm not sure we can claim any moral high ground over those involved in boxing.

#55 Bennett_Cerf

Bennett_Cerf

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

Take yer point about boxing Bennett but a couple of things have stopped me posting the same way:

i; Whatever we think it remains a big money business and people have a choice about fighting, paying for tickets and getting involved in the management side.

ii; We derive satisfaction around here from discussing the likely deaths of a range of famous people and/or pushing our wit and wisdom to the limits to abuse, joke about and investigate these people. I'm not sure we can claim any moral high ground over those involved in boxing.

These are both wonderful vantage points which I had failed to contemplate. Good thinking Maryport, good thinking.

#56 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 15030 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

Lamotta will live on after his physical death. Anyone out there ever tried the tomato sauce inspired by the man? I might try and get some for Monday to celebrate his 85th birthday.

#57 Canadian Paul

Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4133 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:32 PM

Happy 85th birthday to Mr. Lamotta!
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#58 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 15030 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:23 PM

Aye, have a knockout birthday. Couldn't get none of yer Tomato Sauce to celebrate. I'll have some over in New York later this year.

#59 Guest_schoey_*

Guest_schoey_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

This is the place to discuss Jake Lamotta

Inlight of the scene in the bedroom with DeNiro and Cathy Moriarty shouldn't it have been called The 'Raising' Bull?

#60 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 15030 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:44 AM

Schoey mate

Like welcome aboard and that but if you manage to sit through a cinematic masterpiece, totally blank out the acting, claustrophic lighting and the cutting and direction that convey boxing better than almost any cinema film before or since and then concentrate on one bit of sex..

Do you think you've got the mental agility to survive around here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users