Pat Boone's daughter is Debby Boone, who sang 'You Light Up My Life'.  FACT

Pat Boone did a cover of No More Mr Nice Guy by Alice Cooper. FACT.

I don’t give a shit about this thread. FACT. 

• Like 1

Is this gonna be the new Javier Perez de Cuellar thread?

Par Boone and Javier De Cueller once fought each other because Boone had De Cueller as his jojee for the Derby death pool.

• Like 1

I could probably list 50 or more people over the age of 84 who do not have their own thread who might be more deserving of one

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

American singer/songwriter Pat Boone is 84 this year.

And.................? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

American singer/songwriter Pat Boone is 84 this year.

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

And.................? 

will be 85 next year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Gospel Ronnie Dio.

Lounge music Ozzy.

Lift music Alice Cooper.

Yer welcome.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

And.................? 

Mentioned about 40 times on the site, most of which are in deadpool lists or just mentioned in passing. 

I can find only two posts mentioning his health, both from 2015.

Handy: Pat Boone is Mr Clean and wealthy with good health care, though.

Shroud: Pat Boone will probably last a long time, true enough btw; he seems to have taken VERY good care of himself over the years.

He should definitely be on everyone's lists for next year. :lol:

• Like 2

Via Fox news, recently:

Boone said the concept started off as a joke among his bandmates when they were looking to create something new. But soon after, they found themselves visiting record stores and going through the heavy metal bins.

“People wondered why I was looking at albums by Scorpion and Motorhead and actually buying them,” he chuckled. “I thought ‘Smoke on the Water’ had to be about drugs. But it wasn’t. I thought ‘The Wind Cries Mary’ by Jimi Hendrix had to be about marijuana. But it wasn’t. It was about an affair he had with a girl he still loved named Mary. It was a tribute to Mary, not marijuana.

"‘Stairway to Heaven,’ I thought Jimmy Page was into witchcraft. And I guess he was. And these strange, opaque lyrics, maybe they were about drugs. But I couldn’t find one reference to anything in the lyrics.

"‘Sandman’ by Metallica is about a father putting his son to bed and trying to scare him in the time-honored tradition of telling him the boogeyman was going to get him if he didn’t stay in bed. It’s a very harmless story with a very ominous sound.”

“The Christian community was very shocked,” he admitted. “My show was removed from TBN. Many people were saying, ‘We lost Pat Boone. He’s gone over to the dark side.’… It was a big overreaction. I was taken off Christian TV for 2-3 months.”

:lol:

Also:

The ‘50s star is currently keeping busy traveling the world and performing for his fans.

3 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Is this gonna be the new Javier Perez de Cuellar thread?

That was my hopes...

"We're got a show about America's black patriots, who's the obvious person to get in for a voiceover?"

"Robert Culp"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

She got pretty cozy to death when she married him.

Hes a huge name, she could be a very sneaky what the hell DDP pick, cross fingers and toes for QO.  I’ve seen more worthless selections, believe you me.

SC

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Wish I would have seen this before I sent my crowdsource list,Debby Boone would be a pretty big CS miss if she makes Jan 1

1 hour ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Wish I would have seen this before I sent my crowdsource list,Debby Boone would be a pretty big CS miss if she makes Jan 1

Um, Shirley is his wife.  Debby is his daughter.

A little more clarity on Shirley's health as per FB:
------------

Shirley Boone has congestive heart failure and please remember Pat Boone in your prayers and Debbie and their entire family. It's a very difficult time for them. We received word and wanted to ask for prayers.

Radar Online and some other gossip rags are claiming Shirley Boone has died... https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/01/pat-boone-wife-shirley-dies-84-daughter-debby-boone-you-light-up-my-life/

Not confirmed yet, but if true I win the Deathrace...

Edit: Several of Pat Boone's friends on Facebook are talking about it, so I reckon it might be true.

• Like 1

In a faith based movie, he slams Hollywood for its lack of morals: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10756035/Actor-Pat-Boone-slams-Hollywood-making-immoral-movies-like-animated-Netflix-series-Big-Mouth.html

Apparently he says in the 50s and 60s entertainment was showing America in its best light. Come on Pat, you weren't even making the best music in the 50s and 60s.

Anyway he's well enough to rage at the world, so...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2