Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dead Wait

Elvis Costello

Recommended Posts

Literally was just coming here to start an Elvis Costello thread. With the subtitle "looking to meet up with Ray Charles".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Battling a “very aggressive” cancer.

 

Based on the description might not be suitable for Ideas and possibilities 2019 thread!

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5924847/amp/Elvis-Costello-63-reveals-battling-aggressive-cancer.html

BBC report, which says all the same stuff but without the photo album (and is also not the Daily Mail).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like he might make 2019 as it Is small and probably hasn't spread yet.It is likely to return after surgery and spread but this could take a few weeks or months and with chemo he could realistically make 2019.2020 seems very unlikely though.Nailed on Drop 40 and Do candidate for 2019 if he makes it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't exaggerate. This does not seem so bleak. Hope he recovers. Truly only musician I'd like to see dead is the fucker known as Sonny Rollins. Never stood him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tramp the dirt down.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, drol said:

Don't exaggerate. This does not seem so bleak. Hope he recovers. Truly only musician I'd like to see dead is the fucker known as Sonny Rollins. Never stood him.

 

Would have thought you'd be first targetting Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, the remaining two Beastie Boys, Randy Newman, Gene Simmons, one half of Lenny Krazitz....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sean said:

Tramp the dirt down.

 

He can't stand up for falling white blood cell counts.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, drol said:

Don't exaggerate. This does not seem so bleak. Hope he recovers. Truly only musician I'd like to see dead is the fucker known as Sonny Rollins. Never stood him.

Very aggressive cancers have a habit of recurring and spreading throughout the body rapidly as was seen with A A Gill and Charles Krauthammer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

 

Would have thought you'd be first targetting Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, the remaining two Beastie Boys, Randy Newman, Gene Simmons, one half of Lenny Krazitz....

Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Neil Sedaka...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact it was described as treatable by surgery doesn't sound too sad.

 

Oh no, it does not move me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's so funny 'bout tumours and chemotherapy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won't get any older if the angels want to wear his red shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if the cancer does recur and kill him, he won’t be pumping it up anymore, will he?

*runs away in fear from all the moaner*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be time to cash in on that book, he's been writing everyday for thirty five years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet a million thoughts are racing through his mind, and he hasn't said a word.

 

 

(I'll stop but his songs are gold for this, and he's only got two good ones (Oliver's Army and Good Year for the Roses, only one of which he wrote). Elvis Costello must have convinced a hell of a lot of average kids in the 70s and 80s they could be pop stars. So I suppose he's got that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't completely rely on the surgery, mind...

 

Accidents will happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drol said:
7 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

 

Would have thought you'd be first targetting Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, the remaining two Beastie Boys, Randy Newman, Gene Simmons, one half of Lenny Krazitz....

Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Neil Sedaka...

Cher, Bret Michaels, Donovan, Peter Frampton, Barry Gibb...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he shouldn't be on the Deathlist next year, but I think he will. The committee would make the same error as they did with Ronnie Wood this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Prophet said:

I think he shouldn't be on the Deathlist next year, but I think he will. The committee would make the same error as they did with Ronnie Wood this year.

Woods cancer was never described as "very aggressive"

 

My guess is is that he has squanimous cell carcinoma that was caught early by chance.It is highly likely to come back with a vengeance within the next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Woods cancer was never described as "very aggressive"

 

My guess is is that he has squanimous cell carcinoma that was caught early by chance.It is highly likely to come back with a vengeance within the next year.

It was probably either prostate or penile cancer, as he describes it as a male dominated cancer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best Elvis is clearly Elvis Perkins, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees with me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

The best Elvis is clearly Elvis Perkins, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees with me...


Ever heard Elvis Hitler?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Cher, Bret Michaels, Donovan, Peter Frampton, Barry Gibb...

You clearly have not realised what the previous names have in common, apart from being horrible singers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 64th birthday! :birthday:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use