Sign in to follow this  
Dead Wait

Elvis Costello

Literally was just coming here to start an Elvis Costello thread. With the subtitle "looking to meet up with Ray Charles".

14 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Battling a “very aggressive” cancer.

Based on the description might not be suitable for Ideas and possibilities 2019 thread!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5924847/amp/Elvis-Costello-63-reveals-battling-aggressive-cancer.html

BBC report, which says all the same stuff but without the photo album (and is also not the Daily Mail).

• Like 3

Sounds like he might make 2019 as it Is small and probably hasn't spread yet.It is likely to return after surgery and spread but this could take a few weeks or months and with chemo he could realistically make 2019.2020 seems very unlikely though.Nailed on Drop 40 and Do candidate for 2019 if he makes it.

• Like 1

Don't exaggerate. This does not seem so bleak. Hope he recovers. Truly only musician I'd like to see dead is the fucker known as Sonny Rollins. Never stood him.

Tramp the dirt down.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Don't exaggerate. This does not seem so bleak. Hope he recovers. Truly only musician I'd like to see dead is the fucker known as Sonny Rollins. Never stood him.

Would have thought you'd be first targetting Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, the remaining two Beastie Boys, Randy Newman, Gene Simmons, one half of Lenny Krazitz....

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Tramp the dirt down.

He can't stand up for falling white blood cell counts.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, drol said:

Very aggressive cancers have a habit of recurring and spreading throughout the body rapidly as was seen with A A Gill and Charles Krauthammer. 

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Would have thought you'd be first targetting Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, the remaining two Beastie Boys, Randy Newman, Gene Simmons, one half of Lenny Krazitz....

Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Neil Sedaka...

The fact it was described as treatable by surgery doesn't sound too sad.

Oh no, it does not move me...

What's so funny 'bout tumours and chemotherapy....

He won't get any older if the angels want to wear his red shoes.

Well, if the cancer does recur and kill him, he won’t be pumping it up anymore, will he?

*runs away in fear from all the moaner*

Might be time to cash in on that book, he's been writing everyday for thirty five years. 

• Like 1

I bet a million thoughts are racing through his mind, and he hasn't said a word.

(I'll stop but his songs are gold for this, and he's only got two good ones (Oliver's Army and Good Year for the Roses, only one of which he wrote). Elvis Costello must have convinced a hell of a lot of average kids in the 70s and 80s they could be pop stars. So I suppose he's got that.

Can't completely rely on the surgery, mind...

Accidents will happen!

6 hours ago, drol said:
7 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Neil Sedaka...

Cher, Bret Michaels, Donovan, Peter Frampton, Barry Gibb...

I think he shouldn't be on the Deathlist next year, but I think he will. The committee would make the same error as they did with Ronnie Wood this year.

22 hours ago, Prophet said:

I think he shouldn't be on the Deathlist next year, but I think he will. The committee would make the same error as they did with Ronnie Wood this year.

Woods cancer was never described as "very aggressive"

My guess is is that he has squanimous cell carcinoma that was caught early by chance.It is highly likely to come back with a vengeance within the next year.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Woods cancer was never described as "very aggressive"

My guess is is that he has squanimous cell carcinoma that was caught early by chance.It is highly likely to come back with a vengeance within the next year.

It was probably either prostate or penile cancer, as he describes it as a male dominated cancer...

The best Elvis is clearly Elvis Perkins, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees with me...

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

The best Elvis is clearly Elvis Perkins, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees with me...

Ever heard Elvis Hitler?

23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Cher, Bret Michaels, Donovan, Peter Frampton, Barry Gibb...

You clearly have not realised what the previous names have in common, apart from being horrible singers.