Our Sole

Diego Maradona

From the BBC

The statement issued by the Guemes hospital said Maradona was suffering from "an imbalance" and was undergoing tests.

Do they mean unbalance? As in:

• unhinged,
  • tapped,
  • doolally,
  • one step away from shoving two pencils up his nostrils and a pair of crusty Y-fronts on his head, shouting a sthz sthz sthz sthz sthz Chrissy Wibble?

What new tricks can you teach me TLC?

Apparently it's an imbalance he's had for just short of 21 years, it involves his right arm shooting into the air as the ball comes over and he knows he can't get his head on it. :lol: (or was it his left arm, not sure but that's what it is).

To save AtJ the job, it would be most unfortunate if someone were to quote the above out of context.

Ah.

My answer depends on whether you're an old dog or not. :lol:

To save AtJ the job, it would be most unfortunate if someone were to quote the above out of context.

Ah.

My answer depends on whether you're an old dog or not. :lol:

On the Cartesian axes we are talking about the left side of 30 (just). Which I believe is quite old for a dog :)

Guest Carlos tevez

This tosser has been dead for years just like me

MY wife is dead she hasn't be alive since the 80's like a virgin and by the way i do like negrefillia any other 80's female stars in give me a call

many thanks

Guy Richie shut it vinny you tosser you cant act or play football

Could very easily be the real Guy Richie judging by the writing style.

Maradona has told his parents he wants to commit suicide, according to reports. He is suffering from acute toxic hepatitis, after drinking ten bottles of champagne, smoking cigars and over-consuming food during a two-day binge. :blink:

Maradona has told his parents he wants to commit suicide, according to reports. He is suffering from acute toxic hepatitis, after drinking ten bottles of champagne, smoking cigars and over-consuming food during a two-day binge. :party:

One word of warning DDT, this comes from The Sun newspaper. As a result, I won't be rushing to add him to any list, not least as they think Biggs has been near death for 5 years. :blink:

According to The Sun today, there is serious concern he'll go of multiple organ failure, just like Bestie. I nominate Peter Shilton as head mourner when he does.

Here's one for Brinsworth House Baiter to do a bit of undercover work...

Maradona to play against England again at Villa Park

Can't be a complete roll call of 20 years ago anyway, as one of the Argentines, Cuciuffo, died a couple of years back. Another ex-DL candidate, Peter Shilton, is also an original, but as he's nearing 60, I'm not sure he'll play.

The original teams

ARGENTINA: Pumpido, Cuciuffo :sicktherm: , Brown, Ruggeri, Olarticoechea, Batista, Giusti, Burruchaga (76 Tapia), Enrique, Valdano, Maradona ©

ENGLAND: Shilton ©, G.M.Stevens, Butcher, Fenwick, Sansom, Hoddle, Steven (76 Barnes), Reid (66 Waddle), Hodge, Lineker, Beardsley

He wanted damn near £750,000 quid according to The Sun. Eventually settled for a mere £300,000 along with the others.

The players drafted in are thought to be happy to play in the rescheduled fixture, thought to be planned for February next year.

That'll doubtless give us some entertaining speculation about whether Maradona will survive to play.

I can't believe he is still alive!

Neither can he!

I can't believe he is still alive!

Neither can he!

Um, because cheetahs are cats and cats have 9 lives!

'86, we just can't let it lie can we?

"Englishman Arrested for Trying to Decapitate Maradonna..."

The aggressor added that he wanted to cut off Maradona's "little head and to make him pay". He also called the 48-year-old an "Argentine cheat."...

It must be noted that there have been no reports on these events in the British press yet.

i.e. utter balls

"Englishman Arrested for Trying to Decapitate Maradonna..."

The aggressor added that he wanted to cut off Maradona's "little head and to make him pay". He also called the 48-year-old an "Argentine cheat."...

It must be noted that there have been no reports on these events in the British press yet.

i.e. utter balls

If only Shilts had shown the same level of commitment

hand_of_god_goal-orig.jpg

From 22nd-25th Feb, BBC Four is going fitba crazy fitba mad, with no less than nine programmes (mainly documentaries) devoted to the beautiful game. Most are repeats, but there's also the first TV showing of the Maradona-related In the Hands of the Gods. And that film of Zidane running around for 90 mins and getting sent off as usual.

One of these days I'll just start a BBC Four thread and have done with it.

His mum has died - http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/85073/maradonas-mother-dies-aged-81

However I doubt it will make him much of a viable candidate for any DP in 2012. I note he now works in Dubai, which has to be the best place to help the drinking problems he had, as a swift amputation would be a decent deterrent.