Our Sole

Diego Maradona

Who the F**k is Maradonna???

soccer player :D

Thought it was Volleyball!

Maradona's famous "Hand of God" goal in the 1986 World Cup match against England.

MaradonaHand.jpg

Guest Mr tongue in cheek.

It would be good if someone were to give an objective and unbiased account of the England-Argentine rivalry, without resorting to insults and name-calling.

But since I am an English patriot, it will not be me who does this. Instead, here is a completely biased and Argie-bashing overview of said rivalry:

1). 1966 World Cup QF - England 1 Argentina 0.

An ill-tempered game. England win by a single goal from the legendary Geoff Hurst. Argie captain Rattin is sent off but refuses to leave the field for about 15 minutes - the rest of the argie bargies support him in his pathetic actions. At the end, the great Sir Alf Ramsey quite rightly forbids the English players from swapping shirts with the "animals".

2). 1986 World Cup QF- Argentina 2 England 1.

An ill-tempered game. Maradona manages to score both the best goal and the worst goal of all time within the space of a few minutes (hint to any argies reading - this is the only compliment you will be getting in this post, so enjoy it while you can), before England pull one back through the legendary Gary Lineker. Needless to say, the defeat was due to a blind / bribed referee, and had nothing to do with the tactics of the great Sir Bobby Robson.

3). 1998 World Cup 2nd Rd - Argentina 2 England 2 (argies win on pens)

An ill-tempered game. All the best/ most dramatic moments were England`s of course - Owen`s goal, Beckham`s sending off etc. The argentine bastard Simeone was single-handedly responsible for England not winning the World Cup this year. The argies somehow managed to score two as well. Needless to say, England deserved to win.

4). 2002 World Cup 1st Rd - England 1 Argentina 0

An ill-tempered game. Beckham rights all the wrongs of history by smashing home an unbeatable penalty. England completely and utterly outplayed the argie bargies, and we deserved to win by a whole lot more as well. Needless to say, the great Sven-Goran Eriksson was the mastermind behind a phenomenal triumph.

So, judging by these results, it looks like it`s 2-2 between England and the Argies in the big football matches.

So, in order to stir up old hatreds, I propose the Falklands war be used as the decider, hence giving England a 3-2 historical edge. Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, etc.

Thanks for your time,

Mr tongue in cheek.

I propose the Falklands war be used as the decider, hence giving England a 3-2 historical edge.

I think you'll find quite a few Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish will disagree with you about counting the Falklands war as a win for "England."

Guest Mr tongue in cheek

God, some people on here take these posts way too seriously. I thought calling myself Mr tongue in cheek made the sarcastic nature of my post clear enough but, oh no, somebody has to complain. I assume that you, "honez", are either scottish, welsh or northern irish ?

God, some people on here take these posts way too seriously. I thought calling myself Mr tongue in cheek made the sarcastic nature of my post clear enough but, oh no, somebody has to complain. I assume that you, "honez", are either scottish, welsh or northern irish ?

I suppose you feel honez takes these posts way to seriously but

the reality is he probobly doesen't notice at all. I guess it's just

his way of replying. For example[[honez is one of those

deathlist regulers that exspect grade A grammer in anothers

post. If you are quoting something he has said and u spell a

word or two wrong he will reply correcting the words in

a "what's the word" abrupt manor. But i am sure he means

well. After all it is a pleasure correcting others from

there mistakes. "Which you may have made one"

the reality is he probably doesn't notice at all. I guess it's just

DeathList regulars that expect grade A grammar in another's

post. If you are quoting something he has said and you spell a

a "what's the word" abrupt manner. But I am sure he means

their mistakes. "Which you may have made one"

I've brushed up the spelling. Does anyone want to have a go at the grammar? I'm not very confident with that.

I've brushed up the spelling. Does anyone want to have a go at the grammar? I'm not very confident with that.

It'd be way to predictable for me to do it, so I won't. How about you have a go lospalmas7? After all, we're all way too serious here and need a good laugh. :D

It'd b weigh too pridictibl fr me 2 doet, so I whon't. How about u hvae a goe lospalmas7? Aftir all, weire ol weigh two searious hear nad nead a gude laph. ;)

:D;):lol:

...aren't we getting off the point here a bit that Maradona is a fat, bloated, cheating, Argie cokehead????

...aren't we getting off the point here a bit that Maradona is a fat, bloated, cheating, Argie cokehead????

It's the truth now, isen't it? :rip:

Guest Robert The Bruce (2nd removed co

Thank God for Maradona that's all I'm saying. Remember the second goal he scored. Sheer class. Just cause no English player @ that time could have run like that means you all have a chip on your shoulder, or is it for the hand, can never quite remember.

LONG LIVE MARADONA. As long as you're alive, the english are miserable gits :rip:

Thank God for Maradona that's all I'm saying. Remember the second goal he scored. Sheer class. Just cause no English player @ that time could have run like that means you all have a chip on your shoulder, or is it for the hand, can never quite remember.

LONG LIVE MARADONA. As long as you're alive, the english are miserable gits ;)

Finally Someone Who Agrees with me

LONG LIVE MARADONA. As long as you're alive, the english are miserable gits :blink:

...Ah, nothing like a jealous and bitter Sweaty to have a go at England. How's your World Cup campaign going anyway?????

Thank God for Maradona that's all I'm saying.  Remember the second goal he scored.  Sheer class.  Just cause no English player @ that time could have run like that means you all have a chip on your shoulder, or is it for the hand, can never quite remember.

LONG LIVE MARADONA.  As long as you're alive, the english are miserable gits :blink:

...Ah, nothing like a jealous and bitter Sweaty to have a go at England. How's your World Cup campaign going anyway?????

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm aimed at us scots, just make sure teddy dont hear about this or your on the cooker pronto.

Just a hint deadornot....however if it was one of your forwards aiming sarcasm at me, I don't think I'd have any need to worry about being hit with it!

Well, given that I have been namechecked, I thought I should add my tuppence worth.

So, for all those sassenachs out there who like to disparage the great Scottish football teams of the past (not to mention the present) - and you know who you are! - can I direct your attention to a fascinating little site

Unofficial World Champions

Here, you will see that Scotland have been world champions (unofficial) for far longer than any other country :o

Read 'em and weep :blink:

Guest Mr tongue in cheek

LOL!!!

That list means nothing, considering that it presently assures us that Zimbabwe are the current "unofficial" world champions, and that the vast majority of Scotland`s successes came before 1931, when they only had to compete against the other home nations, of whom Wales and Northern Ireland were crap, and England let them win sometimes to give them something to cheer about.....

sorry but this cannot be disputed.

thanks for your time,

Mr tongue in cheek.

We in Scotland do accept that we are rubbish at most sports but there was no need to rub it in.

We in Scotland do accept that we are rubbish at most sports but there was no need to rub it in.

I'm not going to comment on that, expressing my views on bagpipes got me enough flak for a while.

I found it amusing to learn that the Netherlands Antilles got there before the Netherlands. And before Germany, for that matter. Good find, Teddy! :huh:

regards,

Hein

I'll certainly be closely following the matches of Zimbabwe from now on. Unfortunately I don't think there is much chance of England arranging a friendly with Zimbabwe any time soon.

Even if we dont reach the World Cup at least we can support whatever team are playing against England.

Guest mr tongue in cheek

i really hope Maradona dies soon. sorry, but i really do. His smugness and persistence in still breathing is getting on my nerves. When will England and for that matter the world be rid of this obese monstrosity ?

Thanks for your time,

Mr tongue in cheek.

When will England and for that matter the world be rid of this obese monstrosity ?

You have 3 options:

1) When he dies.

2)When everyone in the world closes their eyes and holds their ears.

3) When he loses weight and stops bein a monstrosity.

Option 3 is least likely to happen.

or

4) when he fakes his death and escapes into the wilderness.

now what is more unlikely

3 or 4?????