Our Sole

Diego Maradona

Guest Diego Armando Maradona
Very good advice, stay in school and you may end up like heaven can wait. :P

Leave school, and you may end up like this muppet, who seems to think they are Maradona and obviously follows their own advice of not using their brain too much :o

nerd joke, nerd guy! buy a life! ;), muppet aca seria como muñeco, en ese caso, agarrame el muñeco, nardo.

Very good advice, stay in school and you may end up like heaven can wait.  :P

Leave school, and you may end up like this muppet, who seems to think they are Maradona and obviously follows their own advice of not using their brain too much  :o

nerd joke, nerd guy! buy a life! ;), muppet aca seria como muñeco, en ese caso, agarrame el muñeco, nardo.

TEDDY!!! JUA JUA JUA!!! buy a name too!!

Silencie su boca. Usted es un hombre que no tiene ningún negocio en estos tableros. Ahora váyase y pare el incomodar de nosotros.

A bit more of a literal translation than a spiritual one I suppose...

Silencie su boca. Usted es un hombre que no tiene ningún negocio en estos tableros. Ahora váyase y pare el incomodar de nosotros.

Brilliant!

Wish I could speak Canadian.

Brilliant!

hahahahaha good one!, now i see that not all the moderators are stupid. :o

No thanks, I'll have a sausage roll please.

Brilliant!

hahahahaha good one!, now i see that not all the moderators are stupid. :o

Hey diego, now I can see why all you diego's are as thick as sh1t.

Brilliant!

hahahahaha good one!, now i see that not all the moderators are stupid. ;)

Hey diego, now I can see why all you diego's are as thick as sh1t.

That's it?? i mean.. c'mon, that was a joke ? :S...

After all the guy who has Shrek in his avatar is trying to make a joke, let give him a chance... LAUGH!!! NOW!............................................ :grave:

Happy New Year NAZI PPL!!

Your posts are as welcome as Adolf Hitler in Poland in 1939.

Your insults are as effective as Hiroshima's air defenses in 1945.

You are as popular as Baroness Thatcher (less counting Josco).

You are as funny as Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

Now go away and stop bothering HCW you vulgar creature.

WHAT!!!! a history class from a englishman!!?!? get a life dude!, meanwhile, i'll prepare myself for the World Cup, spin my dreidel.

Guest Toke Deltorso

Day come an diego, try directing traffic i've heard your'e good with your hands. ;) you had yer guts stappled ain't yer, shame it wern't yer gob (mouth) are you still a fat ba****d.

WHAT!!!! a history class from a englishman!!?!? get a life dude!, meanwhile, i'll prepare myself for the World Cup, spin my dreidel.

History lesson? That was merely a group of similes to politely tell you to F**k off.

I'm Scottish by the way, so the World Cup is no concern of mine..... ;)

History lesson? That was merely a group of similes to politely tell you to F**k off.

I'm Scottish by the way, so the World Cup is no concern of mine..... ;)

Ok Gollum, buy a life.

buy a life.

How stereotypical of you to involve a monetary connection.

Is the Guy who played Fagan in the old Oliver Twist still alive. Perhaps we could include him on the list.....

buy a life.

Is the Guy who played Fagan in the old Oliver Twist still alive. Perhaps we could include him on the list.....

Wasn't that Alec Guinness?

buy a life.

It's spelt Fagin,

Ron Moody who played Fagin in the musical "Oliver" is 82 this year.

Guest Toke Deltorso

Ron Moody who played Fagin in the musical "Oliver" is 82 this year.

ron moody 82 eh!, great actor ;) hope he can still pick a pocket or two :grave:

Guest Toke Deltorso
estos tableros. Ahora váyase y pare el incomodar de nosotros.

Brilliant!

hahahahaha good one!, now i see that not all the moderators are stupid. ;)

NO BUT DIEGO IS

Did anyone else catch Diego's apperance at the Argentina game? I'd say it pretty much solidifies that his brushes with death are over for now...

Did anyone else catch Diego's apperance at the Argentina game? I'd say it pretty much solidifies that his brushes with death are over for now...

he gets so excited that i wouldn't bet against him having a heart attack you know...

isn't his wonderful new appearance due to a gastric band and liposuction? that CAN'T be good (or esle i'd try it)

He played a full 90 minutes a couple of weeks ago for a celebrity 'Rest of The World' team against a celebrity 'England' team at Old Trafford for 'Soccer Aid', he didn't look like a guy who is going to shuffle off this mortal coil anytime soon, he even scored a penalty, albeit against Jamie Theakston who went the wrong way and knew he was beaten, but what a story for Jamie to tell his kids/grandkids! The only thing that spoiled the match was Clive Tyldesley's commentating, as mentioned in the football thread, Clive was just being an arsehole as usual, it was a game played for charity in a lighthearted way, the crowd (mostly English) cheered Maradona and his team, they did save their biggest cheers for the 'England' squad and rightly so, they were cheering people like Damien Lewis, David Gray and Robbie Williams who all gave up their time to play for a worthy cause in a goodnatured match, then Clive spoiled it for us with his commentary, when Maradona went to take the penalty, he was crying into the microphone "not you, not you, you can't take it, anyone but you" , FFS Clive it was a charity match, played with good humour and good grace, England won, it was a consolation goal, surely you don't grudge the opposition that, especially as the crowd and TV audience didn't, they raised a lot of money for UNICEF and want to make it an annual event, I hope they do, but next time CT hopefully won't be doing the commentary and going by his form this year Maradona will play in next years match (if there is one). He (Maradona) did get a standing ovation from the crowd, who were privileged to see him play and I'm sure it is something they will never forget. I think we can strike him off any future Death Lists for the forseeable future unless of course he reverts back to ballooning up and taking drugs, I for one, hope he doesn't. Perhaps we could put Clive Tyldesley up as a possible DL candidate soon?, surely someone is bound to lynch the man for crimes against decent football commentary.

The only thing that spoiled the match was Clive Tyldesley's commentating, as mentioned in the football thread, Clive was just being an arsehole as usual, it was a game played for charity in a lighthearted way, the crowd (mostly English) cheered Maradona and his team, they did save their biggest cheers for the 'England' squad and rightly so, they were cheering people like Damien Lewis, David Gray and Robbie Williams who all gave up their time to play for a worthy cause in a goodnatured match, then Clive spoiled it for us with his commentary, when Maradona went to take the penalty, he was crying into the microphone "not you, not you, you can't take it, anyone but you" , FFS Clive it was a charity match, played with good humour and good grace, England won, it was a consolation goal, surely you don't grudge the opposition that, especially as the crowd and TV audience didn't, they raised a lot of money for UNICEF and want to make it an annual event, I hope they do, but next time CT hopefully won't be doing the commentary and going by his form this year Maradona will play in next years match (if there is one).
Just noticed this, presumably the full stop button wasn't working properly that day LG? :lol:

I ran out of breath reading it, an incentive for me to learn how to read without moving my lips and muttering if ever there was one.

Like the way the above linked article says

his hospitalization was "not related to an addiction to dangerous drugs."
but then says
but "has had problems for some time with food, (alcoholic) drinks and tobacco."

I think someone is confusing the words 'dangerous' and 'illegal'... :lol:

From the BBC

The statement issued by the Guemes hospital said Maradona was suffering from "an imbalance" and was undergoing tests.

Do they mean unbalance? As in:

• unhinged,
  • tapped,
  • doolally,
  • one step away from shoving two pencils up his nostrils and a pair of crusty Y-fronts on his head, shouting a sthz sthz sthz sthz sthz Chrissy Wibble?

What new tricks can you teach me TLC?