Our Sole

Diego Maradona

2 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Pictures emerging from Maradona's funeral. 

image.jpeg

How did they get him to Finchley Road, London so quickly?

• Haha 1

One winner is odious twunt Steve Hodge who swapped with Maradona after the Hand of God game.  Now a millionaire overnight.

In Naples stadium "San Paolo" will be renamed after Diego Armando Maradona according to the city mayor Luigi De Magistris. The whole city is very affected by this departure.

10 hours ago, IAmTheResurrection said:

Anyone whose been following Maradona of the late will release this was not at all unexpected. Covid, brain surgery, drug and alcohol problems etc etc, 

I just looked it up and he did not have Covid (he had a negative test but at one point was isolating). So he does not become the 10th DDP pick to die of/with Covid.

On 25/06/2019 at 11:25, bladan said:

I am psychic (a clairvoyant) and have just heard from God that Maradona will live until he's 88.

Great prediction

• Haha 1

Whilst I still think he’s a greasy little fucking cheating dwarf, I read a story on Twitter (with video footage so fairly sure it’s real) that he once approached FIFA or whoever they are and his club Napoli to arrange a friendly to raise funds for a sick child, FIFA and Napoli refused so he did it himself, playing in the field by the child’s house, and 4000 people turned up.  Also this when he met the Pope:

"I argued with him because I was in the Vatican and I saw all these golden ceilings and afterwards I heard the Pope say the Church was worried about the welfare of poor kids. Sell your ceiling then amigo, do something!”

So there was perhaps a tiny bit of decency in the handballing little fuck.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Whilst I still think he’s a greasy little fucking cheating dwarf, I read a story on Twitter (with video footage so fairly sure it’s real) that he once approached FIFA or whoever they are and his club Napoli to arrange a friendly to raise funds for a sick child, FIFA and Napoli refused so he did it himself, playing in the field by the child’s house, and 4000 people turned up.  Also this when he met the Pope:

"I argued with him because I was in the Vatican and I saw all these golden ceilings and afterwards I heard the Pope say the Church was worried about the welfare of poor kids. Sell your ceiling then amigo, do something!”

So there was perhaps a tiny bit of decency in the handballing little fuck.

You should read more about the man...I don't know if you call him cheater for the hand touch or the drug addiction but every person who truly knew him describes him as a very loyal person...the drug abuse didn't enhance his performances in the field, it has been more an obstacle to his career. He was naive and mentally frail in some situations of his life but I consider him less cheater than any of the diving empty players i see nowadays. Just my opinion, don't kill me :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Sideik said:

You should read more about the man...I don't know if you call him cheater for the hand touch or the drug addiction but every person who truly knew him describes him as a very loyal person...the drug abuse didn't enhance his performances in the field, it has been more an obstacle to his career. He was naive and mentally frail in some situations of his life but I consider him less cheater than any of the diving empty players i see nowadays. Just my opinion, don't kill me :ph34r:

I’m dicking around, I have no real interest in football nowadays and couldn’t tell you who plays for England, and I’m sure you are right about today’s players.  Watching the many clips that are going around at the moment, he was undoubtedly a remarkable player.  He did cheat though :lol:

Just now, Octopus of Odstock said:

Yeah, just read that. Fully blames his linesman who rather conveniently is now dead and not able to counter the referees accusations. 

Caught the end of Hand of God on ITV last night - seen it before when it was originally on but the quotes from the ref and linesman post-match were ludicrous. Linesman says FIFA don't allow him to overrule the referee, ref says he looked to linesman who didn't flag - would a two-minute conversation between them not have cleared this up? Pillock. Imagine such an inexperienced official refereeing a World Cup Quarter Final. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Caught the end of Hand of God on ITV last night - seen it before when it was originally on but the quotes from the ref and linesman post-match were ludicrous. Linesman says FIFA don't allow him to overrule the referee, ref says he looked to linesman who didn't flag - would a two-minute conversation between them not have cleared this up? Pillock. Imagine such an inexperienced official refereeing a World Cup Quarter Final. :facepalm:

It was a five second conversation/nod of the head in 1966, that's all it needed 20 years on. But it is what it is. 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 20:16, Paul Bearer said:

Pictures emerging from Maradona's funeral. 

image.jpeg

Good to see Borat was able to attend the funeral ! He gets everywhere doesn't he ! 

Seemingly 3 funeral workers who took selfies with him in his casket were attacked.  Apparently 2 were killed and the third is in a critical condition.  Boca ultras took matters into their own hands.  

5 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Seemingly 3 funeral workers who took selfies with him in his casket were attacked.  Apparently 2 were killed and the third is in a critical condition.  Boca ultras took matters into their own hands.  

No news channel is reporting this.

5 minutes ago, David Pro said:

Argentinian justice confirmed doctor Leopoldo Luque forged Maradona's signature on medical documents.

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/football/news/doctor-forged-maradonas-signature-report-2032573

Looks like another Michael Jackson scenario then.Death by quack.:mellow: