Our Sole

Diego Maradona

It sounds more like "Maradona for 20.04.04" to me...

Or 'Maradona is a gonnar'?

Course, he may pull out all the stops, and take the match into extra-time...

Guest God

And this just in..........

Maradona has had a relapse, and is back in hospital on oxygen.

And the guy has the nerve to say that he's already been half-way down the tunnel. :ph34r:

In a television interview last Friday he claimed that he "was dying", and that only fans' support had pulled him back from the tunnel of death.

So, I would think quite a worthy consideration for your 2005 list, although I would prefer it if he were to complete his journey down the tunnel a little sooner. You see, I need his autograph on my Panini World Cup sticker album.

Keep up the good work, mortals.

Good update.

Maybe the helping hand of god is what is needed here.

Man, Panini. I remember that West Ham was always a tough one to find in our area. But then somebody told me that the stickers were distributed so that the area you lived in, relating to your team, was the hardest sticker to get. We always had far too many West Brom team stickers here... :ph34r:

Guest Halo

I thought a Panini was a little baguette'esque type number? Edible football stickers, combining mans two greatest passions .. food and footie, superb. I think I remember swapping Cyrille Regis for Alan Curbishley. I definitely remember using a biro to make Alan into Alan 'rubishy' .. although looking at it now, I'm not sure how.

Guest Halo

The Story of Diegos Death

'Maradona - Marrow-Donor' ... From Hand Of God to Land Of Nod.

:ph34r:

Edible Panini stickers! What a great idea. Those school kids won't know what hit 'em. Although swapsies could be interesting on the regurgitation front. I remember the bio plot too, ahhh very funny. Heheheh. Nice work.

Guest Halo

The boy Stayin make a good point. I knew I should have thought it through .. regarding the rugurgative swapsies .. while on the one hand, I obviously wouldn't want any of Steven Hawkings cards, I reckon I could handle Pam Andersons tummy-spume.

Aye! but don't forget, he was a hero in Scotland in 1986 ;)

Lads - Panini have a new Euro 2004 album out. Spotted in the Costcutter tonight.

Stayin thinks that it can't be long before: our proud country's interior design matriarch is fronting a campaign alongside an astheically unchallenging anti-model, in a costcutter uniform. I can only begin to wonder what catchy slogan they might come up with...

Well im starting to think that Diego will soon be shaking the hand of god - definitely for 2005 consideration :)

Ooooh, you had me scared for a moment there, thinking that the tubby talc-hoover wasn't going to make it to January.

That's until I noticed that the news report is actually from last April.

I noticed this date, but above it has today's date too. I thought perhaps this was an update to a previous report.

Oh well, he is still looking good for your banker next year then!

DWB ;)

The date difference is probably accounted for by the Chinese internet proxies which could well take about six-months for a story to be deemed suitable for public access...

Next weeks big news in China...Ronnie Reagan dies

Guest One Man Jury

Maradona a hero for Scotland in 1986? Well, they haven't had a football team of their own for decades I suppose! Anyway, lets hope that fat lump expires as quickly as possible.

Anyway, I heard they are going to ban fags in public places in Scotland. Maybe that explains things when Jocks cry out`Donald, where's your troosers'.

Guest Guest

I think Maradona deserves a nomination... he's had a couple of heart-attacks already... 2005 would be a good year for him to depart!

I agree - he's certainly on the shortlist for my 2005 team.

(BTW, Guest, I've merged your post with the existing thread, in case you're wondering where it went.)

The Story of Diegos Death

'Maradona - Marrow-Donor' ... From Hand Of God to Land Of Nod.

Whenever it happens, they will have to change the words of the song from...

Don't cry for me Argentina

to

Don't cry for he Maradona <_<

• Like 1