Our Sole

Diego Maradona

Best player I have ever seen, apart from Glenn Hoddle......:ph34r:

• Like 1

English fans can't forgive the blatant cheating, but can still marvel at the genius of the second. Stupid thing is, it's not like the Hand of God and winning the '86 World Cup brought him the completion he was looking for. Always the geniuses that seem to have the meltdowns. I suppose we always knew it would end this way, but I assumed he'd do a Keith Richards and tease us for years despite his abuses, just to spite us.

Rest in peace, Diego.

• Like 1

Wow just heard the news, didn’t expect him to go yet but at the same time I didn’t expect him to reach really old age, I think I said at the last World Cup when he was as high as kite he wouldn’t see the next World Cup so I suppose I was right, the way he lived his life with the excess drug lifestyle it was always going to come and obviously it has effected his health he has been a mess for years with his yo-yo weight, his heart scares and recently his brain aneurysm In reality it’s a miracle he lasted this long. It’s a shock in one way as not expecting it yet but in reality not a shock as I suppose it has been on the cards for years like George Best was (15 years to the day) and Paul Gascoigne right now. I was expecting Pele to go first as I think he is getting close to the end but I suppose Maradona’s lifestyle has contributed to his demise. 

As for a footballer probably the most gifted player of all time what he achieved in single handedly winning the World Cup in 1986, with the solo goal against England as well as the hand of God goal (I suppose with Maradona’s nature he had to have something like that associated with his name), his record at Napoli helping them win the UEFA Cup as well as winning a couple of Serie A titles when Italian football was the top league in the world helped a povincial club make it to the big time. Up there and arguably the greatest footballer of all time with Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Cruyff, Best and Di Stefano to name but a few RIP. 

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

English fans can't forgive the blatant cheating, but can still marvel at the genius of the second. Stupid thing is, it's not like the Hand of God and winning the '86 World Cup brought him the completion he was looking for. Always the geniuses that seem to have the meltdowns. I suppose we always knew it would end this way, but I assumed he'd do a Keith Richards and tease us for years despite his abuses, just to spite us.

Rest in peace, Diego.

According to the commentator the Beeb just had on, he relapsed into alcoholism during lockdown as football in Argentina has been suspended since March, so it sounds more like this was a return of his demons rather than health complaints catching up with him.

• Like 1

Lets forget the first goal and marvel at his second one.

Brilliant.

MARADONA vs ENGLAND (1986 WORLD CUP) BOTH GOALS... - YouTube

• Like 3

Pele pays tribute:

Translation: "What sad news. I lost a great friend and the world lost a legend. There is still much to be said, but for now, may God give strength to family members. One day, I hope we can play ball together in the sky."

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

According to the commentator the Beeb just had on, he relapsed into alcoholism during lockdown as football in Argentina has been suspended since March, so it sounds more like this was a return of his demons rather than health complaints catching up with him.

I fear that paul Gascoigne may go the same way. 

40 minutes ago, IAmTheResurrection said:

I think Ladyfiona is the one who needs to have a fucking snickers.

Whatever you think of Meghan Markle, mocking her opening up about having a miscarriage is lowbrow beyond belief, especially from a so called Lady. 

Snickers all round!

Except that Meghan. She can forget her Snickers until she drops that unnecessary and self-aggrandising h from her name.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Snickers all round!

Except that Meghan. She can forget her Snickers until she drops that unnecessary and self-aggrandising h from her name.

Okay so I had a snickers (fucking vile things they are).

I still think mocking somebody having a miscarriage is an incredibly twattish thing to do, unsurprisingly. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Better still, call herself by her real first name, the much nicer Rachel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That might be believavble if he hadn't been seen taking cocaine on the sidelines more than a month before Argentina went into lockdown

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Better still, call herself by her real first name, the much nicer Rachel.

And her real surname!! Dolezal..... ;) 

37 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

It seems he never overcame his alcohol addiction.So tragic. :(https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13098122/diego-maradona-alcohol-addiction-rocio-oliva/

I came here to say something smart ass, but ^^^ THIS is right on.

RIP

His heart must have been the same size as the football he punched into the net.

50 minutes ago, IAmTheResurrection said:

That might be believavble if he hadn't been seen taking cocaine on the sidelines more than a month before Argentina went into lockdown

FAKE NEWS.i CAN'T SEE ANY COCAINE.

Well, he has been dead for hours now but we still haven't had the fucking morons posting up bollocks about '....how much of a miss it was for the committee...'

Amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, he has been dead for hours now but we still haven't had the fucking morons posting up bollocks about '....how much of a miss it was for the committee...'

Amazing.

Sit tight, I’m sure one of the usual twats will be along soon enough. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Amazing.

"What a miss for th...:lol:

Nah, the only people going "where's Maradona" before this month were the same ones thinking the Cmme should pick fucking Sinead O'Connor just in case...

This is sort of the reverse Kobe death. Major news around the world but will barely be a story in America.

9 minutes ago, msc said:

"What a miss for th...:lol:

Nah, the only people going "where's Maradona" before this month were the same ones thinking the Cmme should pick fucking Sinead O'Connor just in case...

Yep, they are fucking tragic!

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

This is sort of the reverse Kobe death. Major news around the world but will barely be a story in America.

NBA is also very huge in Spain so Kobe's death would have been big news there. Not a US centric sport. 

1 hour ago, IAmTheResurrection said:

And her real surname!! Dolezal..... ;) 

And yours too Deathers. 

• Haha 1