Clorox Bleachman

Cloris Leachman

The actress Cloris Leachman is ninety-fucking-two, as she would say, and hasn't got a thread like 4 of her Mary Tyler Moore Show chums. She's one of the few people with a truly instantly recognisable name à la Zsa Zsa. Her illustrious career goes back 70 years and has seen her win a whopping 8 Emmys. Her role in The Last Picture Show bagged her an Oscar. Seems deathlisty.

902603461_download(2).jpeg.d8c4f9d669824be1951822e014c78977.jpeg

That 2015 photo above inspired a "Sad Last Days" article. She had hurt her ankle a few days before the picture was taken, plus the National Enquirer writers have clearly never seen an 89-year-old woman without makeup. This is her at her most recent red carpet event on 2nd March of this year:

tn-500_icg2018-023.jpg.8fb8e8c788ed85822d4ef180f82059a1.jpg

She is a strict vegetarian and leads an active lifestyle. In the 2010s alone she has made 86 film/TV appearances. One of those is The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure, a God-awful POS spawn-of-satan "what moron thought that was a good idea" type of film. It stands as the lowest-grossing film EVER released in >2k theatres. She's back on track now, with films planned for as far ahead as 2020. I believe and hope she'll be around for longer than that, but she should be on people's radar.

• Like 9

I respect the 'I had to'.  I agree.

• Like 2

Hi Hat, hiya pal......

:D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I respect the 'I had to'.  I agree.

What is this? SC agreeing with the creation of a thread?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

What is this? SC agreeing with the creation of a thread?

Quit while you're ahead before I call you out post whoring with follow-ups :D

• Haha 1

I loved her in the Disney film, The North Avenue Irregulars. Also knew her from The Mary Tyler Moore Show as Phyllis.

huh, I swear that she already had a thread

• Like 1

She still looks good for her age so I think she will probably live into her late 90s. But nobody can know.

Ninety-fucking-three today! :birthday:

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Ninety-fucking-three today! :birthday:

You don't look a day over 17. :lol:

• Haha 3

I looked at Cloris Leachman's Twitter account this week -- nothing since January. No mention of Georgia Engel's passing, no reprise tweet thanking people for sending her birthday greetings on Twitter. I wonder if she's circling the drain.

• Like 2

Pictured at Ed Asner's 90th birthday do earlier this month:

EdAsner-123.thumb.jpg.50032d228a0cf774c6cd50986777643f.jpg

Looking a bit older, but still fantastic for 93. It wouldn't be a surprise if she were to outlive him.

And she clearly wants to get her money's worth out of that top!

• Like 5

Her house is for sale:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2020/03/04/cloris-leachmans-topanga-home-lists-for-3-4-million/amp/

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-3935-bw22kr/timeless-one-of-a-kind-home-topanga-ca-90290

The Journal said the actress now seeks to downsize.

Does it mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. Whatever it takes to keep this thread active.

• Like 2

Ninety-fucking-four today! :birthday:

• Like 1

On 30 April 2020 at 01:07, Clorox Bleachman said:

Ninety-fucking-four today! :birthday:

Not gonna see ninety-fucking-five. :xbones:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

That’s a big one right there. She was a pretty talented actress even though I’ve never really seen The Mary Tyler Moore show in its entirety. 94 is a good age to live though. R.I.P.

That's a shame. Quite a promising DDP player in recent years...

• Haha 1

#3 for me.

• Like 1

Aww, my gut told me she was on her way out, which is why I picked her in DDP. It might have seemed like a long shot but here we are before the end of January. I don't profess to be some kind of stan (it's only a punny username after all) but she was my favourite of the Mel Brooks-era comedy actors. Very talented and throughly deserving of her Oscar. Watching The Last Picture Show feels like a fitting tribute.

• Like 8

Leachman also stayed current and as such was closely associated with modern cinema/television, so it's easy to forget just how far back her career went. She was in the 1947 film Carnegie Hall... which also starred Marsha Hunt, 9 years her senior, who survives her ofc.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Leachman also stayed current and as such was closely associated with modern cinema/television, so it's easy to forget just how far back her career went. She was in the 1947 film Carnegie Hall... which also starred Marsha Hunt, 9 years her senior, who survives her ofc.

One of those CVs people will know her from something ie Mrs msc there. Butch Cassidy? No. Young Frankenstein? Loves the film, couldn't mind her. The grandma in Malcolm in the Middle? "Oh, her!"

Also in It's A Good Life, which many folk consider the greatest episode of the Twilight Zone. (I mean, I think its The Obsolete Man with Burgess Meredith, but Bill Mumy's great too!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, msc said:

One of those CVs people will know her from something ie Mrs msc there. Butch Cassidy? No. Young Frankenstein? Loves the film, couldn't mind her. The grandma in Malcolm in the Middle? "Oh, her!"

Also in It's A Good Life, which many folk consider the greatest episode of the Twilight Zone. (I mean, I think its The Obsolete Man with Burgess Meredith, but Bill Mumy's great too!)

She was brilliant also as the perverted secretary in the Adam Sandler film The Longest Yard. The one good thing in that movie! 

Well known for the Mary Tyler Moore show, but also a great actress in her own right- sadly, I didn't put her on my list!