Clorox Bleachman

Cloris Leachman

She was also in The Facts of Life, post Charlotte Rae, which is where I remember her from mostly; The Last Picture Show I've seen a few times, but can't recall her (though I do remember Cybill Shepherd being in it). But generally good value for money.

• Like 1

Never heard of her but condolences to her friends and family anyway.

A remarkable performer, and someone that very well could've (should've?) been on the List.  She won 8 Primetime Emmys (tied with Julia Louis-Dreyfus for the most ever) from 22 nominations, not to mention an Oscar, a Golden Globe, and even a BAFTA.  Hit #5 for me already.  May she RIP.  

• Like 1

A truly sad loss. Knew her best from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, of course, but also from the Disney film, The North Avenue Irregulars, as well as multiple animated films as a voice actres.

• Like 1

Sad news but a grand age. I know her best as Phyllis in The Mary Tyler Moore Show - not quite as scene-stealing as Nancy Walker but not far off. I've never seen The Last Picture Show (I know...) and last saw Young Frankenstein well over 30 years ago so can't really comment on her film career but seemingly v impressive. RIP.

She was also in Lake Placid 2.

17 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

She was also in Lake Placid 2.

I saw her in that ! Not as good as the first film though.Some of the critics called it Lake Flacid which I thought was a bit unfair...

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

I saw her in that ! Not as good as the first film though.Some of the critics called it Lake Flacid which I thought was a bit unfair...

It is true, though, it wasn't as good as the original. But, I still liked it. :D

I remember she played Mollie Brown in a Titanic movie back in the late 70's.

• Like 2

Sounds like she got COVID and it brought on a stroke.

I had lunch at my neighbours' house yesterday. In March they went to see their son in Topanga Canyon, LA. They showed me photos of his very nice house in the hills. And who lived there before him?

Yes, that's right. Lynn Redgrave Cloris.

So my bacon number to Cloris is, like, quite low.

Cloris Leachman is selling her two-story Topanga home for $3.4 million. (Composite by Sandra Barrera, Southern California News Group; Inset: Getty Images file art: House: Jason Christopher for Sotheby’s International Realty)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2