Sign in to follow this  
Slave to the Grave

Hamed Karzai

Hamid Karzai has just been sworn in as the new Afghan president. He's promised to crack down on what remains of the Taleban and the opium boom in Afghanistan.

He's already survived one assassination attempt. Actually getting to 2005 could be a challenge.

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody had a go at Rummy and Cheney while they were there.

I know I would like as not have lobbed a rotten cabbage or two their way if I had been in Afghanistan yesterday. Which I wasn't.

Why not a tomato? not a cabbage, not a potato.

If I flung a potato at Karzai and he were to catch it and stick it down his underpants, that could mean the beginning of a new dick-tatership in Afghanistan.

are you saying that mr karzai would have relations with a veggie? :huh:

Hamid Karzai has just been sworn in as the new Afghan president. He's promised to crack down on what remains of the Taleban and the opium boom in Afghanistan.

He's already survived one assassination attempt. Actually getting to 2005 could be a challenge.

He is a walking target and is literally being kept alive by his US bodyguards 24/7. I would not be surprised if he does not make it through 2005.

He could also do with one of these as his personal vehicle :D

M1A2-Abrams.jpg

Guest Mister

The supreme beggar of Afghanistan.

Guest AnotherGuest
THIS is what he may want...

Guest Guest
The supreme beggar of Afghanistan.

true

Despite the obvious threats to his health we may have underestimated the man. He seems to have a good balancing act of saying the right things for the West to hear and not upsetting every dangerous lunatic at home. In other words a lot of people who might be tempted to kill him realise the alternatives are worse and the consequences of offing him could be putting themselves in the firing line.

I'll tempt fate here and say he'll see 2006.

I wonder if Ham would be bothered if I didn't attend his annual end of the year luncheon.

Hamid Karzai has escaped unhurt after the Taliban fired rockets at a meeting he was addressing. He won't die of old age.

Hopefully he's got more security than Afghanistan's last foreign puppet of a ruler, Mohammad Najibullah, the Taliban showed him no mercy when they caught up with him.

Guest Guest

I think he survives because he dazzles the afgans and the world with those sissy suits. He dresses like a flaming gay sweetheart. As long as he keeps wearing those cloths, they will let him live.

He keeps going by avoiding trips to warlord central and because all the factions who hate each other dread someone worse getting his job, meaning his only real concerns are the fanatics who are in it mainly for the bloodshed. As a rule his bodyguards and some good luck have kept them at bay, so far.

Because it was the clumsy Taliban it doesn't sound like this was a very good assassination attempt, but still....

Hamid scenes of chaos

Guest Nick

Just survived a semi-assasination attempt, so close yet so far <_<

Guest Guest_disco_*

ole Hamid had some serious looks on his face after this last one.

edit:

removed

• Like 1