gcreptile

Alan Alda

He'd need another co-morbidity to be worthy of inclusion- even though I'm proud to have created the thread.

• Like 1

Looking at all of this year's 50 candidates, Alda is the one I least expect to die this year, followed by Cheney.

Realistically, Alda could still very well make 2028, maybe even 2030 (although 2030 is pushing it a bit).

• Like 2

I don't think the new picks are bad, it's bringing in the next generation. Can't have the same 96-year-old picks every year.

This is just a personal anecdote, but back in October, I visited the Landmark Tavern in the Hells Kitchen section of Manhattan. Had the place to myself and the owner was quite friendly and talkative. A few weeks prior, there had been a big celebrity bash, and the owner had managed to take a few selfies with several of the guests who included Jimmy Fallon and Lawrence O'Donnell. One of the was Alda and he looked didn't showing any signs of advanced age or ill health.

1 hour ago, dimreaper said:

This is just a personal anecdote, but back in October, I visited the Landmark Tavern in the Hells Kitchen section of Manhattan. Had the place to myself and the owner was quite friendly and talkative. A few weeks prior, there had been a big celebrity bash, and the owner had managed to take a few selfies with several of the guests who included Jimmy Fallon and Lawrence O'Donnell. One of the was Alda and he looked didn't showing any signs of advanced age or ill health.

Although, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2015...not sure how extent his condition is now though.

• Like 1

I cut my toenails today. As interesting as your anecdote I’d say.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, dimreaper said:

• Facepalm 2

16 minutes ago, OneManJury said:

You're a bit of a cunt, aren't you?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OneManJury said:

You are a sassy bastard. Remind me of someone.

Welcome back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

You are a sassy bastard. Remind me of someone.

Welcome back.

Thank you fellow bastard.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

You're a bit of a cunt, aren't you?

And you are a fully paid up one, you excremental smear.

• Thanks 1

I love how Zorders isn’t even trying to hide who he is anymore when he tries to make an alt

On 03/01/2023 at 23:45, The Daredevil said:

Jamie Farr would have been a better selection this year.

He seems in fine health as well actually. Nothing concerining I can find from this year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

The most likely one to be dropped from 2024 Deathlist.

If his podcasts are anything to go by, the man seems to still be in good condition. I recently listened to one where he and Mike acted out a scene from M*A*S*H written by chatGPT, and I swear to God he sounded the same as he did decades ago.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Comped said:

If his podcasts are anything to go by, the man seems to still be in good condition. I recently listened to one where he and Mike acted out a scene from M*A*S*H written by chatGPT, and I swear to God he sounded the same as he did decades ago.

I highly recommend his podcast. 

He has a very soothing + informing way of going about it. 

• Like 2

New interview last month (a good portion of it talks about his Parkinson's and perspectives on death). He seems quite stricken by Parkinson's now, shaking throughout the video. Probably in the end stage now.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3