Clorox Bleachman

Class of 1924

Class of 1924  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BTW Amalia Aguilar is 95 today! :birthday:

Arse.

Eva Marie Saint is 95 today! :birthday:

Mugabe goes down.

The list has become Robert-less in the space of just 3 days. No one had Robert Frank; game continues as usual.

Laurie Anderson once sang "now that the living outnumber the dead". Well, that's evidently not true of 1924-born celebrities. Popular pick Christopher Tolkien brings the pack of 25 down to 12. @bmugnoz @chilean way @Deathray @Nayrolf @Neobrakeon and @Prophet are now rushing to be first to pick Daniel arap Moi, who I hear is a picture of health and not on life support, no way.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Laurie Anderson once sang "now that the living outnumber the dead". Well, that's evidently not true of 1924-born celebrities. Popular pick Christopher Tolkien brings the pack of 25 down to 12. @bmugnoz @chilean way @Deathray @Nayrolf @Neobrakeon and @Prophet are now rushing to be first to pick Daniel arap Moi, who I hear is a picture of health and not on life support, no way.

Sadly news...

American actress Priscilla Pointer, best known to me as the mother of Cliff Barnes in Dallas, turns 96 today! Many happy returns !

:birthday:

• Like 3

Tyson gone. 

You may also want to take Johnny Gilbert off. According to this January 2021 New York Times article, Gilbert is 92, not 96. A quick search on Ancestry brings up his WWII draft card. That also says 1928.

Edit: Zizi Jeanmaire also dead ofc.

As I was unaware that Johnny Gilbert wasn’t born in 1924 I will change my vote to Eva Marie Saint. I would not have switched my vote otherwise.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2018 at 16:42, Clorox Bleachman said:

The truth is out. She doesn't age.

Screenshot_20180801-152237.png.4719c3a9d7f221018074e83aec47e7af.png

Sadly she will look much thinner...

On 01/08/2018 at 02:55, Clorox Bleachman said:

THE SURVIVORS

01. Amalia Aguilar, Cuban-Mexican actress

02. Carole Cook, American actress

03. Cicely Tyson, American actress

04 03. Eva Marie Saint, American actress

05 04. Jane Morgan, American singer

06 05. Jimmy Carter, American former President

07Johnny Gilbert, American singer and announcer. Born in 1928

08 06. Joyce Randolph, American actress

09. Kenneth Kaunda, Zambian former President

10 07. Leslie Phillips, English actor

11. Zizi Jeanmaire, French dancer

Seven left after Kaunda died in June.

Six left out of the ones mentioned in the original vote (excluding Johnny Gilbert) after Aguilar's death this month:

Carole Cook, Eva Marie Saint, Jane Morgan, Jimmy Carter, Joyce Randolph and Leslie Phillips.

• Like 1

A suspicious amount of people have voted for Eva Marie Saint. There definitely wasn't 13 picks for her near the start of this.

Can't voting be locked in these polls after a certain point so ppl can't just cheat after their original pick dies?

On 22/11/2021 at 18:44, Ulitzer95 said:

A suspicious amount of people have voted for Eva Marie Saint. There definitely wasn't 13 picks for her near the start of this.

Can't voting be locked in these polls after a certain point so ppl can't just cheat after their original pick dies?

I used to name and shame people who voted for the loser but, as with my entire existence, I started neglecting it at some point in the last 2 years and don't know how to set it right so I just pretend it doesn't exist. Oops.

Over 13 months since the last post. 2022 was quite quiet, taking only Leslie Phillips. And now Carole Cook's dead right at the start of 2023, (excluding Gilbert) leaving four survivors of the original list.

Eva Marie Saint vs. Jane Morgan vs. Jimmy Carter vs. Joyce Randolph.

(The other still going "Class of" threads of folks born in the 1920s are "Class of 1920" that has 4 living survivors, "Class of 1921" that still has a relatively large amount of them as well as "Class of 1926", and "Class of 1927" with around eight survivors)

• Like 1

Providing that Joyce Randolph is indeed dead and Johnny Gilbert was actually born in 1928, we are down to three survivors: Eva Marie Saint, Jane Morgan and the King of Immortals.

I would also mention original suggestion Khamtai Siphandone is still alive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

Providing that Joyce Randolph is indeed dead and Johnny Gilbert was actually born in 1928, we are down to three survivors: Eva Marie Saint, Jane Morgan and the King of Immortals.

I would also mention original suggestion Khamtai Siphandone is still alive.

Scenes when William Russell winds up somehow surviving all of them.

• Like 1