Wormfarmer

Inverse Survivor Dead Pool I

This seems to be a good time to sort out another ruling.

At what point does a month end? For example GHWB died on 30th November US time? Do people get November c/f points for him or not?

If they don't then is he a December hit or has he died in some twilight zone that does not exist in either month?

And if no one picked him for December but he classed as a December hit then do the people who haven't submitted teams move on to a score of 3 (0+3)?

Incidentally it is a good time because no one had him in November.

Seems it would have to be local time.  So a November hit.  Otherwise yes the +3 would apply.  But I don't believe it would in this case.  Pretty damn close though.

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 05:13, Grim Up North said:

This seems to be a good time to sort out another ruling.

At what point does a month end? For example GHWB died on 30th November US time? Do people get November c/f points for him or not?

If they don't then is he a December hit or has he died in some twilight zone that does not exist in either month?

And if no one picked him for December but he classed as a December hit then do the people who haven't submitted teams move on to a score of 3 (0+3)?

Incidentally it is a good time because no one had him in November.

Yes, this has been an important issue in all of my pools because so many of my teams hail from the Europe side of the globe, and I am in North America.  What I have decided to do is use wikipedia's death notices as the source for the exact date. In this case, GHWBush passed on Nov 30, and no teams had him on a list, so there was no scoring involved.  But he was credited as a Nov hit.  If he had been listed as a Dec 1 death, then the teams that had not yet submitted would have taken the late list (score +3) penalty.  So in this game, it is best to get your list in for the next round at the END of the month prior, so you have no risk of penalty.  I will (try to) post updates several days before the new round starts so you have the new names (if any) to choose from.  These list updates will appear on the thread's first post.  Thanks for bringing this up!

Dec - Rd 3            
theoldlady wormfarmer skinny kiltrunner  clorox bleachman joey russ paddyfool captain chorizo
harper de Havilland vervoort mercier ricksen QE2 flair
channing QE2 mcririck lear james carter nolan
QE2 channing nolan Lloyd mccririck mugabe gilbert
kissinger redstone jaffee mugabe douglas dole vervoort
pei vervoort mercier prince p de Havilland nakasone rogers
deHavilland stevens mugabe gilbert lynn escheverria stevens
carter cleary stevens stevens Mccain pope ben scales
pope ben cardin overton 3 rogers bracknell mccain lloyd
bracknell mugabe gascoine frates lloyd stevens jose jose
downs pope ben stiles greaves pei redstone tanaka

quim reaper bibliogryphon msc grim up north sir creep en passant qtips
bracknell prince p QE2 QE2 gilbert QE2 carter
cardin cardin mugabe prince p nolan rogers QE2
jaffee gascoine prince p gilbert cardin nolan prince p
barker shultz douglas nolan rogers gascoine dole
scales mugabe lynn shultz QE2 james gilbert
tanaka dole mccririck gascoine day mccririck cardin
jose jose de cuellar day dole downs ricksen mccririck
mugabe nakasone nolan de cuellar dole cardin ricksen
cleary cleary vervoort carter kissinger dole de Havilland
flair reiner greaves channing jaffee bracknell

rogers                         

Edited by Wormfarmer
1st hit (Overton), 3 pts for Skinny
  • Like 1

Please check your own list posted above for accuracy and let me know if it is incorrect.  My list was previously PM'd to Quim since he was the first to get his list in for Dec.

Madhatter and the Unknown Man were eliminated in Rd 2.  Carryover (tiebreaker) points were earned by Joey Russ (7), Capn Chorizo (6) and Skinny K (1).  These will only count against you if you ever end up in a tie for elimination at the end of a round. 

Some Rd 3 stats:

Most picked: QE2 - 8 times,  mugabe - 7 times,  cardin/dole/nolan - 6 times

there were 8 solo picks (meaning instant death if you picked them and they are the only death in Dec): barker, escheverria, frates, harper, lear, overton, reiner, stiles

13 names were unpicked for Dec!!  

Good luck all!

• Thanks 1

Team was PM'd at 10am UK time 30th when Bush Sr was alive. If sub allowed, I'll swap in McCririck now into that spot?

• Thanks 1

So, do the points that were accumulated last time count against your chances or are they only in the event of a tie. Because if it’s the former, then I’m likely out, if it’s the latter, then I think Skinny Kiltrunner is likely out after Overton’s death...

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So, do the points that were accumulated last time count against your chances or are they only in the event of a tie. Because if it’s the former, then I’m likely out, if it’s the latter, then I think Skinny Kiltrunner is likely out after Overton’s death...

26xBuYI8jOm1UaMI8.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

See Wormfarmer's 10th December post - couldn't be clearer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

See Wormfarmer's 10th December post - couldn't be clearer.

Huh, that's very interesting.  It must show the 10th as a local time.  On my board there is no post at all on the 10th, rather a pair of posts on the 9th.  

OK Someone else has to give the pot the next stir

On 04/08/2018 at 05:43, Wormfarmer said:

Here is a repost of the list of names in play for round 1 (Sept, 2018) which will be edited and updated for each subsequent round:

Leah Bracknell, Kirk Douglas, G H W Bush (died nov), Prince Philip, Clive James, Olivia deHavilland, Vera Lynn, Beverly Cleary, Herman Wouk, Norman Lloyd, Robert Mugabe, Doris Day, Nobby Stiles, Jimmy Carter, Fernando Ricksen, Greg Gilbert, Linda Nolan, Jill Gascoine, Marieke Vervoort, Devin Lima (died nov), Prunella Scales, (Simon Ricketts :rip:)Leslie Phillips, Jimmy Greaves, Denis Norden (died Sept), Henry Kissinger, Queen E II, Le Duc Anh, Genesis P-Orridge, Jose Jose, Pete Frates, I M Pei, Katherine Johnson, Sheila Mercier, Lucia Hiriart, Sumner Redstone, Bob Dole, Carol Channing, Bob Barker, John Paul Stevens, Dilip Kumar, Kenny Rogers, Norman Lear, Pierre Cardin, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Al Jaffee, Javier Perez de Cuellar, Luis Escheverria, John Cruickshank, Hugh Downs, George Shultz, Carl Reiner, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Rick Flair, (:rip:Don Lusk), (Richard A. Overton :rip:).  Added for Round 2 (Oct) Kane Tanaka, Pope Benedict XVI, Roberta McCain, Sachen Littlefeather, Valerie Harper  Added for rd 3: John Mccririck

With the passing of Richard A. Overton and Simon Ricketts are there any new names for Round 4? And now Don Lusk as well.

On 10/12/2018 at 00:20, Wormfarmer said:

Carryover (tiebreaker) points were earned by Joey Russ (7), Capn Chorizo (6) and Skinny K (1).  These will only count against you if you ever end up in a tie for elimination at the end of a round. 

I believe this is the post being referred to, Sir Creep.

Skinny has scored a (relatively) big 3 points with RA Overton's demise.  Those are, so far, the only points scored for the month.  Skinny has his head firmly in the guillotine with only a few days to go.  Joey's carryover points are a non factor as every month is a stand alone contest.  Pts earned in prior months are only used as tiebreakers at the end of a given round.  They do accummulate, but do not hurt you unless you end up tied at the end of a round, and have more than the person you are tied with.  

I will not add any new names for Jan, we will go with the 59 names we have.   Teams can be submitted at any time.  Skinny needs a prayer!

Also, a point of interest - - my thread also has my post as having been made on Dec 9th.  The site must put a time stamp on each post based on the local time of the reader.  That could confuse things, if we are ever splitting hairs as to the exact sequence of things.

My Rd 4 list (Jan):

Remember you can not use any names from your RD 3 lists, and only up to 5 names from your RD 2 lists!  Here we go!

Harper

Johnson

Day

Prince Philip

Nakasone

Scales

Pei

Jose Jose

Nolan

Gilbert

22 minutes ago, Wormfarmer said:

Skinny needs a prayer!

I'm praying for him. Mostly because of his Macca shrug.

Also because I'm not even remotely religious, and if it turns out there is an omnipotent deity my faux prostrations could backfire badly.

• Thanks 1

Morning everyone,

My January list:

Pope Ben

Harper

Mugabe

Nolan

Scales

Lusk

Day

Redstone

Bracknell

Nakasone

Edited by QTips

I've gone for a loosely knit arty theme, with a mixed bag of Singers, Writers, Poets and Cartoonists:

Greg Gilbert

Linda Nolan 

Kenny Rogers

Vera Lynn

Jose Jose

Beverly Cleary

Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Herman Wouk

Norman Lear

Al Jaffee

Here's my list for January:

10. George Shultz •

9. Doris Day ••

8. Clive James

7. Linda Nolan

6. Al Jaffee

5. Kirk Douglas

4. Kenny Rogers ••

3. Katherine Johnson ••

2.Greg Gilbert

1. Jill Gascoine

•  Carry over from Round 1

•• Carry over from Round 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

When can new players Join? August 2019?

You can't join until all but one of the competitors have been eliminated and a new round starts. Most likely early 2020.

• Like 1

did someone lose, that's why we are submitting lists?  Who got the boot, me? lol
Edit - ok I see now, Richard Overton of all peeps.  Well shame on Skinny for bringing bad mojo to our DP hero.  Shame and a pox on you, and yes, the family.

Edit 2 we could sure use an updated list brought forward or replacing the one on page 1.  I've no idea who the replacement names are.

SC's January 2019 list:
1. *Leah Bracknell
2. *Valerie Harper
3. *Marieke Vervoort
4. *Clive James

5. Jill Gascoigne

6. Jose Jose

7. *John Cruickshank
8. Prince Philip

9. Jimmy Carter

10. Sumner Redstone

* = Oct/Nov carryovers (5)

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

did someone lose, that's why we are submitting lists?  Who got the boot, me? lol
Edit - ok I see now, Richard Overton of all peeps.  Well shame on Skinny for bringing bad mojo to our DP hero.  Shame and a pox on you, and yes, the family.

Edit 2 we could sure use an updated list brought forward or replacing the one on page 1.  I've no idea who the replacement names are.

Let's always refer to the master list at the start of the thread (page 1).  I will update that with deaths and new names, so everyone knows where to go for the current list.  Otherwise, updates might get lost in the pages and pages of chatter.

• Like 2

My Jan Team

Queen Elizabeth II

Linda Nolan

Doris Day

Rick Flair

Valerie Harper

Pope Benedict XI

Hugh Downs

Genesis P-Orridge

Greg Gilbert

Henry Kissinger