Wormfarmer

Inverse Survivor Dead Pool I

32 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Confused.

As I normally do, once I get the teams in, I post a table of all the entries, so there is easy reference to the entries for the month.  I would like to wait until I get all the entries before I do that, but sometimes there are stragglers, so if a few teams wait too long, I will post the list anyway and then update it when those teams finally do come in.  Clearer?

On 04/08/2018 at 04:43, Wormfarmer said:

If we have a month where NO TEAM scores a hit (hopefully unlikely, but sometimes it gets slow . . . ), all lists will carry on into the next month, no changes allowed.  The following round will add an extra elimination - the two highest scores will be gone. 

From the initial post of rules....

Sorry, I thought i was clear with the bolded bits.

My concern is that I haven't submitted an April team because I didn't think I had to. Thus the part about 'waiting until all the teams are in' confuses me and if I were the type to worry about late submission penalties also worries me...

I'm sure it's me missing something though.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:22, theoldlady said:

@Wormfarmer if there are no hits in March will the same lists carry over to April? Thanks :hatsoff:

17 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Correct, there will be no new names added to the game this month.  No one scored in March, so no elimination.  BUT - the top 2 point getters in April will both be eliminated.  It there are ties needed to be broken, we will refer to carryover points earned in past months (pts scored by players that were not eliminated).  I already have a team PM'd to me by msc, so I am sending my team to msc by PM today, and will post an April summary table after most (or all) of the April teams are in. 

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Confused.

Yeah me too.

The last time there were no deaths in a month we all simply kept the same teams for the next month and two teams were eliminated at end of the month.

So I think that was theoldlady question that you responded to with a 'correct'.

But then you go on to totally contradict this by stating that msc and you have submitted teams and you are going to publish the April summary table when most of April teams are in???

Based on your first answer I'm not planning to submit an April team because it's my March team rolled over???

I've sent mine in... so there if needed!

• Like 1

I've also submitted an April team, but I'd be perfectly happy to stick to my March team since that's what we've done before.

2 hours ago, En Passant said:

From the initial post of rules....

Sorry, I thought i was clear with the bolded bits.

My concern is that I haven't submitted an April team because I didn't think I had to. Thus the part about 'waiting until all the teams are in' confuses me and if I were the type to worry about late submission penalties also worries me...

I'm sure it's me missing something though.

Sorry.  Not only did I misread theoldlady's question, I messed up with my own carryover rule.  I thought she was asking about adding new names to the game for the new month.  I already had several April lists PM'd to me, and forgot that the rule was to carryover when no hits occurred in a prior month.  SO . . .  I have make a bit of a mess of it.  To be fair, I will allow old (March) teams to stand, OR I will accept new teams already submitted (including mine unless someone protests, it really doesn't matter to me which of my teams I go with), for April.  New April teams still have to follow the rules for no names reused from the previous month and only max of 5 from Feb.  Does anyone have a big concern about this for April??  Sorry, everyone.  I have a new girlfriend keeping me busy and my mind has been elsewhere the last two weeks. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah me too.

The last time there were no deaths in a month we all simply kept the same teams for the next month and two teams were eliminated at end of the month.

So I think that was theoldlady question that you responded to with a 'correct'.

But then you go on to totally contradict this by stating that msc and you have submitted teams and you are going to publish the April summary table when most of April teams are in???

Based on your first answer I'm not planning to submit an April team because it's my March team rolled over???

Grim, please see my last post response to En Passant.  You are right and I am effed up.  You can sit tight with your March team if you like it.  We need some deaths to keep me in line!!!

This also obviously means there will be no late penalties, as no teams are required for April.  March teams can ride.  Sorry, sorry, sorry.

• Like 1

@Wormfarmer Great! I would like to use the new team I sent earlier to you via PM. My March team is not good. Thank you!

I'll stick to my March team if that's all right. 

EDIT: Happy for April's team to become May's team if no major change in their health status and if I'm still in this. Will confirm at end of month.

April team for me please.

Thanks.

I will keep my March team. The April team will become May's team.

No-one is judging you. :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Sorry, everyone.  I have a new girlfriend keeping me busy and my mind has been elsewhere the last two weeks. 

Ha I thought you had your head in the clouds but it was wedged elsewhere.

• Haha 1

wormfarmer msc theoldlady bibliogryphon grim up north  5 paddyfool
QE 2 newton-john QE 2 reiner vervoort QE 2
johnson lynn carter gascoine jose carter
pope Ben douglas de cuellar cardin harper nakasone
rogers mugabe newton-john mercier nakasone prince philip
deHavilland kissinger harper nakasone rogers de cuellar
vervoort bracknell trintignant johnson day kissinger
redstone stiles cardin phillips mercier mugabe
gilbert cardin clegg tanaka mugabe dole
stiller mccririck gascoine ricksen johnson escheverria
p-orridge stiller tanaka cleary alagiah pope ben
en passant  7 qtips  8 joey russ  12 cap'n chorizo  clorox bleachman 8  
reiner redstone onj QE 2 tanaka  
carter harper day carter  nolan  
harper day downs gascoine day  
day lynn jaffee harper mercier  
jose deHavilland clegg pope ben QE 2  
gascoine newtonjohn flair scales cleary  
cardin rogers jps jose scales  
jaffee carter conway mccririck gascoine  
prince philip QE 2 redstone jaffee de havilland  
johnson alagiah ricksen johnson

johnson                            

Edited by Wormfarmer
Triple elimination month, we know 3 people will indeed be going home as of June 1, Joey holds a big lead right now.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I had a lucky escape Le Duc Anh was on the list I would have played if we weren't allowed to roll over.

Phew. Doesn't look like anyone else had him.

Hi Wormy - following the meaningless death of The Kingdom Duke we're heading towards another month with no points.

So I presume if no point scoring deaths in next 4 days that

a) 3 people will go out in May

b) We can choose if we continue to remain with the same team OR submit a new team.

c) No late penalties for not submitting a new team, just your existing team defaults in.

In May if only one player scores points then presumably for June

a) 3 people will go out (1 for June plus 2 carried over from May)

b) Everyone has to submit a new team.

c) Late penalties would apply to all.

It strikes me that there is an inconsistency in the rules between a month where there are no deaths where there are no eliminations and a month where there is a hit and people get the same score. In this second situation then past hits come into consideration as the tie breaker. Could this not also apply in a month with no hits? Hence the person entering the round with the highest countback score would know their head was on the block if there were no deaths in the month.

This would help to prevent this roll up situation. 

Cheers, GUN

• Like 2

Sounds reasonable GUN

Could be seeing a lot of competitors leaving this with just one death, mind you. 

If there are no deaths in April and I move forward to May, I wish to keep my current team for May. Thank you.

AFAICT after last month's rules misadventure and pending any update from the showrrunner on GUN's idea (or any other decision), I'm assuming we can't change teams tomorrow?

At this rate we're all going to December when one unlikely death (QE2 or such?) will wipe us all out and any actual 'winner' will only be determined by countback on the postion in their respective list. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Happy to keep my current team.

Ditto

• Like 1

On 26/04/2019 at 06:27, Grim Up North said:

Hi Wormy - following the meaningless death of The Kingdom Duke we're heading towards another month with no points.

So I presume if no point scoring deaths in next 4 days that

a) 3 people will go out in May

b) We can choose if we continue to remain with the same team OR submit a new team.

c) No late penalties for not submitting a new team, just your existing team defaults in.

I appreciate your thoughts on this GUN.  I am going to take your points in two parts - this part will deal with your scenario which has come true - no scoring occurred in April.

Yes, the top 3 scores will be eliminated in May.  Also for May, I am reverting back to the original rules, which stated that in a non-scoring month teams would not be replaced but will just carry over into May.  Last month I had forgotten this and by the time I caught my error in calling for new lists (actually someone else caught it for me) several teams had gone to the trouble of creating and posting new teams, so I let those stick and gave everyone the option of doing the same.  This time all April teams will become May teams.   So no one needs to do anything this month, except pray for some points to be scored on your opponents lists.  (Probably a tacky comment, sorry.).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/04/2019 at 06:27, Grim Up North said:

In May if only one player scores points then presumably for June

a) 3 people will go out (1 for June plus 2 carried over from May)

b) Everyone has to submit a new team.

c) Late penalties would apply to all.

It strikes me that there is an inconsistency in the rules between a month where there are no deaths where there are no eliminations and a month where there is a hit and people get the same score. In this second situation then past hits come into consideration as the tie breaker. Could this not also apply in a month with no hits? Hence the person entering the round with the highest countback score would know their head was on the block if there were no deaths in the month.

This would help to prevent this roll up situation. 

Cheers, GUN

The second part of your post, GUN:   I feel like the water is building up behind the dam.  It can only take so much, and we are about to get a batch of deaths any day now that will break this game open.  As many as 3 teams will be going home at the end of May.  BUT, if less than 3 teams score any points, then those teams will be eliminated and I will adjust the number of eliminations needed for June to try to get us back on track.  New teams will be required for June and late penalties will apply.  

As far as using previous "countback" points to eliminate teams in months with no scoring, I think I may use that in the future, as it sounds like a legitimate way to break even scoreless ties.  In effect, a scoreless month creates a tie among all remaining teams.  However, I don't feel I can implement that without a fair warning announcement to all players, so I will establish it as a front post rule this month with the goal of being able to use it later in the game if needed.  Thanks for the helpful idea, GUN.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wormfarmer said:

The second part of your post, GUN:   I feel like the water is building up behind the dam.  It can only take so much, and we are about to get a batch of deaths any day now that will break this game open.  As many as 3 teams will be going home at the end of May.  BUT, if less than 3 teams score any points, then those teams will be eliminated and I will adjust the number of eliminations needed for June to try to get us back on track.  New teams will be required for June and late penalties will apply.  

As far as using previous "countback" points to eliminate teams in months with no scoring, I think I may use that in the future, as it sounds like a legitimate way to break even scoreless ties.  In effect, a scoreless month creates a tie among all remaining teams.  However, I don't feel I can implement that without a fair warning announcement to all players, so I will establish it as a front post rule this month with the goal of being able to use it later in the game if needed.  Thanks for the helpful idea, GUN.  

Thanks - actually I wasn't thinking for this competition as I don't have any countback hits so the rule change would potentially benefit me - I was thinking for next time if there is another.