DeathClock

Joe Biden

12 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Bombshell news tonight that Joe Bidens son is under investigation for possible tax fraud. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55254182 Hunter Bidens alleged dodgy dealings  was one of the main issues in the election campaign.Could it  persuade the electoral college to change the result next monday when they meet? Donald Trump must be  very happy tonight ! 

I think Trump is probably happier that Texas is holding the swing states accountable for election fraud in Supreme Court with the help of 18 other states. If Trump is going to legally challenge the election then this would probably be the easiest path for him - assuming he puts together a good case.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

assuming he puts together a good case.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He doesn't have ANY case, just a shipping container full of dummies labelled 'pram ammo'.

Texas also is asking the supreme court to delay the 14 December deadline for electoral college votes to be cast.

Paul Smith, a professor at Georgetown University’s law school, said Texas did not have a legitimate basis to bring the suit.

“There is no possible way that the state of Texas has standing to complain about how other states counted the votes and how they are about to cast their electoral votes,” Smith said.

Trump’s campaign and his allies have pursued unsuccessful lawsuits in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and other states, making unfounded claims of widespread election fraud. Judges appointed under Democratic and Republican administrations, including Trump’s, have ruled against the president’s campaign, often in excoriating tones.

Trump lost those four states after winning them in 2016.

The supreme court is not obligated to hear the case and has said in previous decisions that its “original jurisdiction” that allows litigation between states to be filed directly with the nine justices should be invoked sparingly.

Source

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, En Passant said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He doesn't have ANY case, just a shipping container full of dummies labelled 'pram ammo'.

Source

Your source is a far left network. Trump has over 24 hours worth of witness testimonies who were actually there. Something dodge defo happened, the people who think otherwise are the same people who think Epstein killed himself.

• Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Your source is a far left network. Trump has over 24 hours worth of witness testimonies who were actually there. Something dodge defo happened, the people who think otherwise are the same people who think Epstein killed himself.

The Guardian? Far left? bwhahahahaha. It gets used because most of the other respectable 'broadsheets' are behind paywalls. 

In any event all they are doing is quoting a Yale educated law professor it's not an opinion piece.

I knew it was a waste of time arguing with you, but sometimes a marker has to be put in the sand simply to point out that your view isn't unchallenged.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I think Trump is probably happier that Texas is holding the swing states accountable for election fraud in Supreme Court with the help of 18 other states. If Trump is going to legally challenge the election then this would probably be the easiest path for him - assuming he puts together a good case.

Is a swing state in the USA the same as a dogging county in the UK. Or am I missing the point!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, En Passant said:

The Guardian? Far left? bwhahahahaha. It gets used because most of the other respectable 'broadsheets' are behind paywalls. 

In any event all they are doing is quoting a Yale educated law professor it's not an opinion piece.

I knew it was a waste of time arguing with you, but sometimes a marker has to be put in the sand simply to point out that your view isn't unchallenged.

The Guardian is left wing cancer. Imagine your reaction if I had shared a Breitbart News article as a source. It works both ways, En Passantive Aggressive.

• Facepalm 1

Yawn. It's a direct quote, it doesn't matter where it was published.

Paul Smith, a professor and election law expert at Georgetown University’s law school, said Texas did not have a legitimate basis for the suit.

“There is no possible way that the state of Texas has standing to complain about how other states counted the votes and how they are about to cast their electoral votes,” Smith said.

Source? Reuters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

As the legal expert quoted by the Guardian in @En Passant's post above, if the Republicans are such martyrs to the federalist model of government, how on Earth can Texas challenge how Georgia or Michigan conducts their elections? Or is it just about staying in power? Surely not... :o

Regarding Trump's chances of success, yesterday the Supreme Court didn't even bother to issue an opinion on his bid to stop the Pennsylvania results being certified. It was just denied in a one line ruling, so good luck with that. And since you're picky about your news source, take your pick:

Here's the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55243008

CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/08/politics/supreme-court-pennsylvania-trump-biden/index.html

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2fpolitics%2fcourts_law%2fsupreme-court-trump-pennsylvania-election-results%2f2020%2f12%2f08%2f4d39e16c-397d-11eb-98c4-25dc9f4987e8_story.html

NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/us/supreme-court-republican-challenge-pennsylvania-vote.html

ABC: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-allies-turn-supreme-court-long-shot-bid/story?id=74604787

Fox: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jonathan-turley-trump-supreme-court-pennsylvania-ruling

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court itself didn't see fit to bother publishing the ruling on it's own website, although I may have missed it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

So does anyone think there's a chance the supreme court could change the result of the election? CHris Cuomo thought there was a real chance of it on his CNN show last night, and he used to be a lawyer . He seemed very worked up about it in fact. Will Judge Amy Barnett come up trumps for Trump?? :huh:

3 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

So does anyone think there's a chance the supreme court could change the result of the election? CHris Cuomo thought there was a real chance of it on his CNN show last night, and he used to be a lawyer . He seemed very worked up about it in fact. Will Judge Amy Barnett come up trumps for Trump?? :huh:

No chance.

Just as there is no chance of you sodding off from this forum.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Supreme Court Judges only have a life term. If there was the prospect of conservative justices overturning the vote we could expect one or two unforeseen vacancies on the bench...

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

No chance.

Just as there is no chance of you sodding off from this forum.

Yeah, there is no case.  This is all a money grab, simple as that.  The Trump sheeple have kicked in well over $200MM to his coffers since the election.  That's all this is.  Have to keep the con going.  

What I especially love are the 106 House Republicans who are backing the Texas challenge in the Supreme Court, even though those same 106 idiots got elected on the very same ballots that they now want thrown out, apparently.  Their hypocrisy is breathtaking.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 06:42, Kenny McCormick said:

I guess that means Biden will win. 

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2020 at 22:39, CoffinLodger said:

Well we now know the answer to my question. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/11/politics/supreme-court-texas-trump-biden/index.html I guess we can expect a few angry tweets from Mr Trump in the hours ahead then ! I bet he wishes he could FIRE Amy Barnett  :D

i hate to disrupt all the trump talk, but if I may discuss biden for a moment: 

people suspect that his declining health will lead to him passing before he completes his presidency, but does anyone else suspect a strong likelihood of assassination?

28 minutes ago, wildstorm said:

strong likelihood of assassination?

Stand by............

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wildstorm said:

people suspect that his declining health will lead to him passing before he completes his presidency, but does anyone else suspect a strong likelihood of assassination?

The kind of person who would assasinate Joe Biden probably doesn't want his VP Kamala Harris to become President. I feel like assasination attempt is probaly 0.0001%

• Like 2

Biden has won this election so many times, he’ll actually be the 73rd President of the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/12/2020 at 21:24, wildstorm said:

people suspect that his declining health will lead to him passing before he completes his presidency, but does anyone else suspect a strong likelihood of 

I think you may have a point. This is merely the EC votes being returned. Gonna be a long four years Joe, or not.

6 minutes ago, jcc said:

I think you may have a point. This is merely the ER votes being returned. Gonna be a long four years Joe, or not.

......and there was me thinking that the screen is to prevent the spread of covid...

10 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

......and there was me thinking that the screen is to prevent the spread of covid...

It surely is for COVID. The desk behind her also has one fitted too. I don’t think @PoliticalGroove is a reliable news source. :P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It surely is for COVID. The desk behind her also has one fitted too. I don’t think @PoliticalGroove is a reliable news source. :P

I'd never have guessed!!:D

35 minutes ago, jcc said:

I think you may have a point. This is merely the ER votes being returned. Gonna be a long four years Joe, or not.

The only way I see Biden die before 2024 is if he die unexpected. Presidents can't really hide illness today. Biden must be in good health if he is president.

On 14/12/2020 at 21:52, Charles De Gaulle said:

The only way I see Biden die before 2024 is if he die unexpected. Presidents can't really hide illness today. Biden must be in good health if he is president.

I am convinced Biden was destined to be President right now. He was confirmed the winner by the electoral college yesterday-  14.12.20 14+12+20= 46. Biden is the 46th President.Also on the day of the election on Nov 3 he was exactly the same age , to the day,a s Ronald Reagan was the day he left office .Reagan was the 40th president.Biden is sworn in 40 years to the day after Reagan was. It's all written in the stars ! 

• Like 1