markb4

Tim Conway

On 28/08/2018 at 15:51, Skinny kiltrunner said:

T There is obviously infighting in the Conway family regarding trusts and decision-making, and it wouldn't be the first time the media has been manipulated into making things look dire and sinister when things are not really that bad.

On the other hand if there was any realistic expectation of him being alive in 3-5 years, family members wouldn't be rushing to vulture the pickin's from a not yet dead person. His situation of thirsty family members infighting reminds me of Casey Kasem and Etta James the last year or so they were alive.

2 hours ago, markb4 said:

Attorney says that Tim Conway still is unresponsive and can't verbalize:

https://patch.com/california/santamonica/comic-tim-conway-still-unresponsive-after-brain-surgery-attorney

It would be really spooky if he was unresponsive and could verbalize.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

It would be really spooky if he was unresponsive and could verbalize.

Lol, I should have used an "i.e." in there somewhere.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markb4 said:

Attorney says that Tim Conway still is unresponsive and can't verbalize:

https://patch.com/california/santamonica/comic-tim-conway-still-unresponsive-after-brain-surgery-attorney

Why is a later stage dementia patient having brain surgery?   

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A great question, indeed!

Tagged as dead again.

Well, maybe someone needs a holiday.....

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Tagged as dead again.

Well, maybe someone needs a holiday.....

Does everyone have tagging powers?

Just now, markb4 said:

OP will....

• Thanks 1

Well, it could’ve been worse...

1 hour ago, markb4 said:

No. Members (I think) can use a black tag, but only admins (and, I think mods) can do the red "dead" tag. 

• Thanks 1

Is the family dispute still going on? I mean, it looks like they will have to decide whether to pull the plug whenever that is resolved.

I went ahead and merged a few preexisting Conway posts into this thread, to change the OP to someone who can presumably be trusted to not jump the gun. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Just spitballin' here, because the information is very vague and sparse,  but perhaps the dr.s were suspecting NPH, normal pressure hydrocephalus.  It's a condition that mimics dementia, but can be fixed by draining cerebrospinal fluid.  Usually they will test the theory by drawing off some fluid with a spinal tap, and if the symptoms get better, they go to the next step of putting a shunt in the brain to continuously drain it off.  It's a reasonable thing to try especially if there is rapid onset of dementia with a progression that is much quicker than normal, but in the few instances I have seen it done it hasn't really helped because the person did indeed have dementia.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Just spitballin' here, because the information is very vague and sparse,  but perhaps the dr.s were suspecting NPH, normal pressure hydrocephalus.  It's a condition that mimics dementia, but can be fixed by draining cerebrospinal fluid.  Usually they will test the theory by drawing off some fluid with a spinal tap, and if the symptoms get better, they go to the next step of putting a shunt in the brain to continuously drain it off.  It's a reasonable thing to try especially if there is rapid onset of dementia with a progression that is much quicker than normal, but in the few instances I have seen it done it hasn't really helped because the person did indeed have dementia.  

Much appreciated, Skinny.  I'm no dr, but only thing I could think of was some kind of swelling event that needed relief.  Would indicate a fall, yes?  Hmmm.

SC

21 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Much appreciated, Skinny.  I'm no dr, but only thing I could think of was some kind of swelling event that needed relief.  Would indicate a fall, yes?  Hmmm.

SC

Possibly a fall, which could result in the need for surgery but this would be an emergency type of surgery, and his seemed to be planned in advance. NPH does cause unsteadiness and falls though for sure.

Tim Conway is 85 years old today! :party:

Suffering from advanced dementia and being a household name in the USA (therefore, assured a Daily Mail obituary), Conway has a good shot at making the Drop 40 for the 2019 DDP imo.

Having starred in both McHale's Navy and Spongebob Squarepants with Ernest Borgnine, as well as the Carol Burnett Show, perhaps he might just meet the fame criteria for the Deathlist as well.

image.png.d75626464ae7359d3f98175e82429bf5.png

• Like 1

Recent news about the battle between wife and daughter for conservatorship:

https://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2019/02/05/attorney-conway-daughter-wife-may-settle-conservatorship-spat/

I'm not sure if there is anything new in there. He is bedridden and cannot speak, but apparently understands what is being said to him. Well, a heavy stroke can kill your speech entirely.

• Sad 1

My grandfather did have such a heavy stroke 20 years ago however, he lived 10 years more.

Indeed, my father had one two years ago and lives, but he was only 59 at the time.

1 hour ago, Prophet said:

My grandfather did have such a heavy stroke 20 years ago however, he lived 10 years more.

With Alzheimer’s to boot?