DeathClock

John Madden

40 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

You live under a rock? Pretty significant miss as he was a major personality in the U.S and abroad.

“Significant miss”, you think?

Please show your working. Why was it blindingly obvious an American ball enthusiast was due to die this year, to the shock/sadness/interest of the British (where this DL is based) public?

• Like 2

Tell you what, you don’t even need to answer; the point is, anyone saying “yeah, big miss that” about anyone is a colossal imbecile. Piss off and have a wank to your own lists. 

This one is a tough one to swallow. He’s one of the main reasons why I got into football.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Tell you what, you don’t even need to answer; the point is, anyone saying “yeah, big miss that” about anyone is a colossal imbecile. Piss off and have a wank to your own lists. 

Need a hug mate?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, wannamaker said:

Unexpected, RIP.

I know the medias are using the word "Unexpected", but how is it? He was 85, obese, had heart issues and so on. Dying at 85 should be somehow expected. 

9 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

I know the medias are using the word "Unexpected", but how is it? He was 85, obese, had heart issues and so on. Dying at 85 should be somehow expected. 

I think I said that since i had just woken up from a nap and saw that he died, but at the same time i just didn't think he would die this year since i hadn't seen any big new health issues from him.

Completely unexpected! He looked like the picture of health!

• Haha 3

On 28/08/2018 at 17:09, Sir Cunto said:

You’ll know it’s time to include him on DL when Madden is on the cover of Madden.

FTR this brilliant post by your most brilliant poster is going to age very well indeed.  The groundswell is already a crescendo to do just this: Put Madden on the cover 2022.  
Sir Brilliant Cunto

• Haha 1

In my humble opinion, the reason this is being labeled as unexpected has nothing to do with his health. If one watches American Football (NFL), as I do, the recurring advertisements for a major Christmas Day Madden Documentary would have been noticed. They advertised this documentary seemingly every game. In fact, Madden himself was interviewed for it and seemed pretty coherent and "fine". I read an article saying he watched the documentary with his family and loved it. The documentary came out nationally 3 days before he died. 3 days.

Hence the unexpected tag on every article about his death. The man finally got pushed to the front page again years after retiring, before dying 3 days later. It makes sense looking back at it now as he probably felt at peace seeing how loved he was and what he accomplished.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 29/12/2021 at 01:40, DeathClock said:

This one is a tough one to swallow. He’s one of the main reasons why I got into football.

Is that football or soccer? :)

• Like 1

On 29/12/2021 at 08:19, drol said:

Completely unexpected! He looked like the picture of health!

If old age didn't get him then his diet certainly would! I'm not sure what that is supposed to be on his plate...