Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flo

Milton Friedman

Prof my man I know MF popularised a phrase invented by others. It was something of a joke, hence the 'coined' bit. Some of the irony does get lost in a post, though a few people thought the 'porker' reference to Ariel Sharon funny.

When I was a senior in high school, I was in an ecomonics class. And when we were learning about old Milton Friedman, I raised my hand and said, "Milton Friedman is on deathlist.com," needless to say, my teacher wasn't at the least impressed by my comment.

Does anyone know what happened the day before Friedman died? Donald Rumsfeld was attending some dinner and he was reciting some speech or something written by Friedman, then he added, "Milton Friedman is still alive ang going strong!" Then the next day the economist bit the dust. Rummy shouldn't have opened his mouth I guess.

Donald Rumsfeld was attending some dinner and he was reciting some speech or something written by Friedman, then he added, "Milton Friedman is still alive ang going strong!" Then the next day the economist bit the dust. Rummy shouldn't have opened his mouth I guess.

Can he say something similar about Harold Pinter and Ronnie Biggs? Please?

regards,

Hein

When I was a senior in high school, I was in an ecomonics class. And when we were learning about old Milton Friedman, I raised my hand and said, "Milton Friedman is on deathlist.com," needless to say, my teacher wasn't at the least impressed by my comment.

Does anyone know what happened the day before Friedman died? Donald Rumsfeld was attending some dinner and he was reciting some speech or something written by Friedman, then he added, "Milton Friedman is still alive ang going strong!" Then the next day the economist bit the dust. Rummy shouldn't have opened his mouth I guess.

Welcome Lothar. A few more anecdotes like that and you'll be in the fireside chair. You must have been lurking for some time. Well lurk no more.

Welcome Lothar. A few more anecdotes like that and you'll be in the fireside chair. You must have been lurking for some time. Well lurk no more.

Yes I have been lurking for some time. Since about the beginning of the year actually. I don't know why I waited so long to formally join, but now I'm here. Thanks for the welcome.

Donald Rumsfeld was attending some dinner and he was reciting some speech or something written by Friedman, then he added, "Milton Friedman is still alive ang going strong!" Then the next day the economist bit the dust. Rummy shouldn't have opened his mouth I guess.

Can he say something similar about Harold Pinter and Ronnie Biggs? Please?

regards,

Hein

I've got a whole list of people Rummy could mention... :P

>snip "Milton Friedman is on deathlist.com,"snip<

erm...................... don't you mean deathlist.net :P

BTW, welcome aboard

>snip "Milton Friedman is on deathlist.com,"snip<

erm...................... don't you mean deathlist.net :P

BTW, welcome aboard

Yes, I do mean .net. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes. Thanks for the welcome.

themaninblack you're not alone, I think we all have a few people we wouldn't mind Rummy mentioning––including himself.