Fun-e-ral

Betty Boothroyd

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Betty Boothroyd on absolute  top form being interviewed on SKY NEWS a few minutes ago!Very fiery and forthright!:D

Her getting the Vaccine and it getting in the news is probably why she got on the list.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Her getting the Vaccine and it getting in the news is probably why she got on the list.

Maybe...

They're made of stern stuff in Dewsbury. Unless she gets ill/has a fall then Betty's going nowhere. I wish she was still Speaker - she'd have knocked some sense into Johnson by now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Betty Boothroyd on absolute  top form being interviewed on SKY NEWS a few minutes ago!Very fiery and forthright!:D

I wonder if he dared ask her about her inclusion on the Deathlist?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I wonder if he dared ask her about her inclusion on the Deathlist?

I don't think that he would  still be alive if he did!!At the very least his eardrums would be damaged by her reaction!:D

• Like 1

Seeing her name trending on Twitter four days after she was included (against all expectations) on the 2021 Deathlist did give me a bit of a "Did the committee have inside information?" Moment but instead she is proving why she should not be on the list. I think Baroness Williams might have been a better pick but still think Douglas Hurd or Norman Tebbit better still.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Seeing her name trending on Twitter four days after she was included (against all expectations) on the 2021 Deathlist did give me a bit of a "Did the committee have inside information?" Moment but instead she is proving why she should not be on the list. I think Baroness Williams might have been a better pick but still think Douglas Hurd or Norman Tebbit better still.

She used to smoke like a chimney (I helped film the opening of the library named after her when I was at Dewsbury College in the early 90s so was around her - she was brilliant btw - and witnessed it), but don't know if that's still the case.

• Like 1

Betty now has the acolade of the oldest living female former Labour MP now Maureen Colquhoun has died. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Betty now has the acolade of the oldest living female former Labour MP now Maureen Colquhoun has died. 

Betty is also a lesbian but doesn't talk about her private life to the media so it's a little known fact.

Her partner is Dame Patricia Routledge.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Betty is also a lesbian but doesn't talk about her private life to the media so it's a little known fact.

Wouldn’t surprise me if she was Lesbian not that it matters but I thought Dame Patricia Routledge was going out with Pam St. Clement aka Pat Butcher or Moira Stewart. 

3 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if she was Lesbian not that it matters but I thought Dame Patricia Routledge was going out with Pam St. Clement aka Pat Butcher or Moira Stewart. 

Perhaps it's a love square, a ménage à quatre.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I've seen that before but I asked someone involved in Politics who has met her several times and they said it's not true that she is with Patricia Routledge at least any more.

Pam St Clement had a non famous partner in 2009 who she went to Wendy Richard's funeral.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I've seen that before but I asked someone involved in Politics who has met her several times and they said it's not true that she is with Patricia Routledge at least any more.

I can ask one of Betty's former staffers. Pretty sure it's not old and hope not. It's pretty cool trivia.

• Like 1

This is the moment the other Betty found out:

Picture

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Have heard that rumour as well. I don't know if there's truth in it and I don't think it's really very nice to out people who clearly want to have privacy in their private lives. 

7 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Have heard that rumour as well. I don't know if there's truth in it and I don't think it's really very nice to out people who clearly want to have privacy in their private lives. 

1) Not outing her, as she’s not closeted. She’s open about it, just doesn’t talk to the press about her private life. That’s different.

2) I’m sure if you look on Google it’s already plastered over the net, being discussed on other forums, boards, social media, and whatnot.

3) You’re literally anonymously posting on a Forum where you speculate about celebrity health and discuss their deaths. Please don’t think you have a moral high ground.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2021 at 00:00, Ulitzer95 said:

1) Not outing her, as she’s not closeted. She’s open about it, just doesn’t talk to the press about her private life. That’s different.

2) I’m sure if you look on Google it’s already plastered over the net, being discussed on other forums, boards, social media, and whatnot.

3) You’re literally anonymously posting on a Forum where you speculate about celebrity health and discuss their deaths. Please don’t think you have a moral high ground.

Plenty of famous people don't talk about their private life but the press still mention who their partner is - that has never happened here.

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Plenty of famous people don't talk about their private life but the press still mention who their partner is - that has never happened here.

Yup, like Jodie Foster.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Yes. But in my case they just made me out to be a right wanker.

To reiterate a theory of mine, perhaps Betty made it onto the list because the committee always makes sure there is the obligatory homo on there.

After all, somebody had to replace Pierre Cardin.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

To reiterate a theory of mine, perhaps Betty made it onto the list because the committee always makes sure there is the obligatory homo on there.

After all, somebody had to replace Pierre Cardin.

*cough* Stanley Baxter

• Like 3