gcreptile

Elon Musk

Thread for the South African rogue developer/investor/eccentric billionaire Elon Musk.

Let me see, why was he in the news lately:

- calls the Thai cave engineer a pedo and gets sued for it

- wonders about taking his company off the stock exchange publicly, crashing its value - now under investigation by the US justice department

- smoking a joint on a recorded radio show

- says he works 120 hours a week

Did you know there is a video of him with a flamethrower?

I think he was always a bit on the cooky side, although he really had great success with his first enterprises, including Paypal.

But he might be heading for some kind of total meltdown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

There's a theory doing the rounds that he's doing this to devalue Tesla's stock so he/his mates can but it up and sell it when he's publicly normal again. 

I don't think he is headed for a meltdown, but as for being worthy of the Death List ... he may be joining the billionaire from Japan on the trip to the moon.   That journey could be worthy of being on this list. 

Post whoring a-plenty

9 hours ago, Deathray said:

There's a theory doing the rounds that he's doing this to devalue Tesla's stock so he/his mates can but it up and sell it when he's publicly normal again. 

As in Joaquim Phoenix having a meltdown before the movie in which it was obvious he was doing a Sacha Baron Cohen?

Maybe, but it's not the best PR strategy to call a heroic rescuer of trapped kids a paedo and Musk may well have to face cross examination in court over that.  

23 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Thread for the South African rogue developer/investor/eccentric billionaire Elon Musk.

Let me see, why was he in the news lately:

- calls the Thai cave engineer a pedo and gets sued for it

- wonders about taking his company off the stock exchange publicly, crashing its value - now under investigation by the US justice department

- smoking a joint on a recorded radio show

- says he works 120 hours a week

Did you know there is a video of him with a flamethrower?

I think he was always a bit on the cooky side, although he really had great success with his first enterprises, including Paypal.

But he might be heading for some kind of total meltdown.

Let's not forget he also wants to nuke Mars:

https://www.theverge.com/2015/10/2/9441029/elon-musk-mars-nuclear-bomb-colbert-interview-explained

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-elon-musk-mars-20150910-htmlstory.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/would-elon-musks-idea-nuke-mars-work-n425001

https://nypost.com/2018/08/06/elon-musk-i-know-more-about-nuking-mars-than-scientists/

:blink:

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Elon Musk considers moving to Mars although there is a good chance he could die:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/25/elon-musk-move-mars-chance-of-death

Not going to happen. The man is a shameless self-promoter and believer in the adage that there's no such thing as bad publicity, though in my view the 'diver is a paedo' thing looks like an attempt at the exception that proves the rule.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

One wonders what jury on Earth absolves someone from calling someone else a pedo [sic]?

An American one. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50695593

He wasn't absolved, he took a beating on the international stage. He was also found not guilty of defamation, because the victim of his comments was not defamed. It's really that simple.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

One wonders what jury on Earth absolves someone from calling someone else a pedo [sic]?

An American one. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50695593

4 hours ago, Banana said:

He wasn't absolved, he took a beating on the international stage. He was also found not guilty of defamation, because the victim of his comments was not defamed. It's really that simple.

Hmmmmmm.  Poor bloke up against a billionaire? There can be only one winner. 

No surprise there. 

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Hmmmmmm.  Poor bloke up against a billionaire? There can be only one winner. 

No surprise there. 

He might have had more success if he hadn't been the one to start the slanging match.  His remarks about Musk were uncalled for and ungrateful. 

No sympathy here.

On 07/12/2019 at 09:49, Toast said:

He might have had more success if he hadn't been the one to start the slanging match.  His remarks about Musk were uncalled for and ungrateful. 

No sympathy here.

Vernon Unsworth wasn't the only one upset that Musk's sub was being trailed as a solution to the problem when it wasn't likely to do the job. According to the Sunday Times today Unsworth may yet appeal. None of this is doing Musk's reputation any favours either.

I dong think Musk gives a toss about his reputation.  Money and power talks (as we've seen with certain politicians on both sides of the Atlantic)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exu said:

I dong think Musk gives a toss about his reputation.  Money and power talks (as we've seen with certain politicians on both sides of the Atlantic)

He gives a toss about parts of his reputation - if one of the other independent space explorers beat him, he'd be really pissed off!

Best Cyber Truck ever!!!! I Can’t Wait to have one of these baby’s for myself! Painted Blue! With a big Elon Musk sticker in the back.

B798E262-2C52-486C-A9CA-A62569CA56A7.jpeg

15F67B09-5E05-42A2-AA06-461A24DE5A22.jpeg

Thought I should post here to say with a few tweets, Elon has wiped $14bn off Tesla's value.

image.png.06f20bf93d6c62a62dd5cb6c73272092.png

image.png.7f44273d2f9ac90670060f39f3fe3341.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

X Æ A-12

Because X Æ A-11 was taken. Obviously.

• Haha 3

I don’t really know who this boy is but of course he’s been all over Twitter because of the absolutely fucking dickish name of one of his thousands of kids (who needs seven fucking kids?) and without even opening his mouth he just looks like he’s not a very nice person. 

4 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I don’t really know who this boy is but of course he’s been all over Twitter because of the absolutely fucking dickish name of one of his thousands of kids (who needs seven fucking kids?) and without even opening his mouth he just looks like he’s not a very nice person. 

Between being born in and his money coming from a dodgy country at the time (apartheid South Africa), the whole "appear in your 30s acting as though you've been a household name for years", the petty spats in public and most of his big plans involving outer space...

I'm yet to be convinced he isn't actually a Roger Moore era Bond villain tbh.

• Like 1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

6 kids . Unless there's something you aren't telling us lardy.

• Like 1