Red Flag

Fernando Ricksen

According to himself he also banged Katie Price. He's already having problem with speech.

Former Holland and Rangers defender/midfielder Fernando Ricksen is suffering from ALS

one for the 2016 deathlist .

Sticking with fitba, an update on Ricksen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p025ny8q

DURATION: 02:48Former Rangers player Fernando Ricksen has written a letter describing how he's coping living with Motor Neurone Disease. The 38 year old's speech has deteriorated since being diagnosed with the condition last October, so instead of doing an interview, he wrote to 5 live describing the huge impact MND has had on his life: "For me, the hardest part is losing control of things". Biographer Vincent de Vries spoke to 5 live about how his friend is coping: "His voice is very bad, he can't communicate any more, it's very hard for him." This clip is from Breakfast 29 August 2014. Full transcript of the letter: "It was last October that I got diagnosed with motor neurone disease. The impact this had on everybody that knows me was unbelievable. Living with MND has, of course, made a huge impact on the life of my family, my close friends, and myself. They see me fight and struggle every day with this illness, and try to help where they can. As for myself, there was a period of denial, followed by me not accepting life with MND, which only made things only worse. At the moment I've found a rhythm which works for me. I do special exercises, watch what I eat and drink (no alcohol!), rest in between days and take my medicine, this works well for me. I think that the 'ice bucket challenge' is amazing. The method of challenging friends, family and colleagues by putting a bucket of ice water over yourself and then dare them to do the same is simple, competitive and fun to do. It has achieved the goal of bringing awareness to Motor Neurone Disease worldwide. When you go to Glasgow to play for Rangers you become part of a worldwide family - the Rangers Family. I'll always have place in their heart, even long after I left Glasgow. The club, fans, colleagues, and everybody that reached out with love and support was amazing, supporting me from all over the world. The support I've had from e-mails, donations for MND, charities, twitter and Facebook, even people on the street who come up to me, is fantastic. Thanks to everybody. Motor neurone disease is a terrible illness, everybody knows this. For me the most difficult part is losing control of things. Help us where you can, and show understanding. Thanks, Fernando"

Ricksen further downhill it seems.

Speech is difficult at best, and has resorted to communicating with the wife by text.

#gonna babz? Cud b mi last#

• Like 2

Ricksen further downhill it seems.

Speech is difficult at best, and has resorted to communicating with the wife by text.

#gonna babz? Cud b mi last#

Bad taste in the best DL tradition, I salute Charon and will refrain from a similar gag because I can't top this one!

Fernando Ricksen says thank you to everybody who has supported him

https://www.facebook.com/fernandoricksen/videos/442737125913308/?fref=nf

On the occcasion of the launch of Fernando Magazine, Dutch rag Metro ran an interview with Ricksen today. A few quotes:

Q: In what way do you notice that your health is deteriorating?

A: By my gait. It´s almost shuffling now. Ten metres take almost a minute. Talking is difficult and I don´t manage to cut my own food anymore.

I have the hope I can get really old, a minimum of 50 years.

I could put on my trousers myself, or tie my shoes. But if I do, I'm exhausted for the rest of the day. That's why I let me be helped, by my mother, wife or friends.

Form checking time for Ricksen.

Bizarrely, Celtic have made him guest of honour for tonight's game with ajax ( fuck all connection with either team, it could go badly :) )

On the box at 8.05pm.

If he lasts till 10 o'clock :)

If he lasts till 10 o'clock :)

Slightly longer than Ronny Delia at this rate...

• Like 1

Will Ricksen outlive Vervoort?

Not looking likely, and could be a list spoiler.

Agents tweet from yesterday kinda looks not long left.

4 minutes ago, charon said:

Will Ricksen outlive Vervoort?

Not looking likely, and could be a list spoiler.

Agents tweet from yesterday kinda looks not long left.

What?

I SAID....

13 minutes ago, charon said:

I SAID....

hqdefault.jpg

Nae Surrender? A cliche to the last.

• Like 2

Yip.

And 26th. Not Xmas day.

Might have read too much into it yet.......

Update on Fernando Ricksen: He is apparently unable to stop crying. Not sure there’s much new in there, but I think being unable to control his own emotion is a sign of his deterioration...

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Update on Fernando Ricksen: He is apparently unable to stop crying. Not sure there’s much new in there, but I think being unable to control his own emotion is a sign of his deterioration...

Fate worse than death. He's turned into Sting!

• Haha 2

Anycunto with SKY....ch121 a Ricksen docu starting 'now'.

No idea on if new info, or just concentrating on his bigoted fireworks younger days.