Deathray

Dame Judi Dench

Losing her marbles.

Somehow thinks defending a nonce is a good idea. Oh, he was a comforting presence when you worked with him was he, I'm sure the kids he "allegedly" sexually assaulted are cured now they know Judi Dench thinks he was a nice person.  There's time's it's better to keep your trap shut even if your too old to give a fuck. Maybe she's got a few dodgy skeletons in her closet regards underage boys too? Better hope she hasn't, cos you know the press'll be digging now...

• Like 1

It's a whole other topic, but I am uneasy about this sort of thing, as he hasn't afaik actually been found guilty of anything yet.  

There was a similar situation with an actor in the BBC's Agatha Christie adaptation that was shown around Christmas.  He was replaced although I think there was only one person who had made allegations against him.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's a whole other topic, but I am uneasy about this sort of thing, as he hasn't afaik actually been found guilty of anything yet.  

There was a similar situation with an actor in the BBC's Agatha Christie adaptation that was shown around Christmas.  He was replaced although I think there was only one person who had made allegations against him.

Absolutely.

We have become a society that has turned the innocent until proven guilty on its head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Her actual reported words:

“I can’t approve, in any way, of the fact that – whatever he has done – that you then start to cut him out of the films … Are we to do that throughout history? Are we to go back throughout history and anyone who has misbehaved in any way, or who has broken the law, or who has committed some kind of offence, are they always going to be cut out? Are we going to extrude them from our history?”

Burn her!!!

Oh wait, she's not going back on her previous metoo support and is instead making a point about unpersoning uncomfortable stuff. Which is fair enough. Is anyone clamouring to CGI out alleged serial rapist Clark Gable from his many films? To pick one randomer from thousands of possibles. Hell, Ferris Buellars Day Off contains one multiple woman murderer and a child sex offender in its main cast, yet you can watch it about once a month on FilmFour or other channels.

Perhaps the subtle difference here was that the film had not been released and rather than it being for his alleged crimes perhaps they took the decision for commercial reasons?

I agree with Toast.Spacey has not been convicted or charged of any offence.He is almost certainly guilty but due process has to be followed.Also Roman Polanski is convicted paedophile yet his films are still shown.I think censoring bad people from history doesn't do any good.I also sympathise with Judi as it is hard to believe a dear friend is a monster.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Losing her marbles.

Somehow thinks defending a nonce is a good idea. Oh, he was a comforting presence when you worked with him was he, I'm sure the kids he "allegedly" sexually assaulted are cured now they know Judi Dench thinks he was a nice person.  There's time's it's better to keep your trap shut even if your too old to give a fuck. Maybe she's got a few dodgy skeletons in her closet regards underage boys too? Better hope she hasn't, cos you know the press'll be digging now...

I hate posts like this -- more typical of the FB set than here to be sure.
If you're going to state a problem, fucking state a solution or truly shut the fuck up.  It's called establishing a policy.  I think you owe it to Dame Judy to answer the question she posed.  To that end:

Dame Judi suggested that the decision to erase Spacey's appearance set a troubling precedent (i.e. policy).

Are we to go back throughout history now and anyone who has misbehaved in any way, or has broken the law, or has committed some kind of offence, are they always going to be cut out?

FTR I don't read anywhere where she defends Spacey.  She is defending the art.  What is your policy re: the art?  Answer the question she asked.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I hate posts like this -- more typical of the FB set than here to be sure.
If you're going to state a problem, fucking state a solution or truly shut the fuck up.  It's called establishing a policy.  I think you owe it to Dame Judy to answer the question she posed.  To that end:

Dame Judi suggested that the decision to erase Spacey's appearance set a troubling precedent (i.e. policy).

Are we to go back throughout history now and anyone who has misbehaved in any way, or has broken the law, or has committed some kind of offence, are they always going to be cut out?

FTR I don't read anywhere where she defends Spacey.  She is defending the art.  What is your policy re: the art?  Answer the question she asked.

He was removed from a film that hadn't been released at the time of the allegations. That's where you draw the line. No-ones saying re-shoot the entirety of House of Cards or re-shoot Swimming with Sharks with a different actor. But when allegations come out about an actor before a film's release, that's when you should either drop the film or re-shoot scenes with the person in. The same way if it turns out a band members a nonce you get rid of the lead singer and any songs they sang on by the time of your next album, and in really bad cases you disown the entire back catalogue and form a new band.

No-ones saying tamper with history, but for fucks sake the future can be fixed...

So the answer to Dame Judi Dench is no we're not going back throughout history, we're just making sure the future isn't any more traumatic for the victims of the crimes. 

What is this doing in the Deathlist forum anyway?  It's not about Judi Dench.  Fine, let's have the debate, but in extra-curricular and with a more suitable title.

More on Judicial Dench aside from macular degeneration she appears great for 83.

She once said, two years ago or so, that she has trouble memorizing her roles. Though I guess it didn't turn out to be anything dramatic.

I would let her dench me.

3 hours ago, Deathray said:

Losing her marbles.

Fuck off retard.

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

He was removed from a film that hadn't been released at the time of the allegations. That's where you draw the line. No-ones saying re-shoot the entirety of House of Cards or re-shoot Swimming with Sharks with a different actor. But when allegations come out about an actor before a film's release, that's when you should either drop the film or re-shoot scenes with the person in. The same way if it turns out a band members a nonce you get rid of the lead singer and any songs they sang on by the time of your next album, and in really bad cases you disown the entire back catalogue and form a new band.

No-ones saying tamper with history, but for fucks sake the future can be fixed...

So the answer to Dame Judi Dench is no we're not going back throughout history, we're just making sure the future isn't any more traumatic for the victims of the crimes. 

I SAID FUCK OFF RETARD!!!!!

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

She once said, two years ago or so, that she has trouble memorizing her roles. Though I guess it didn't turn out to be anything dramatic.

I would let her dench me.

So maybe she is actually losing her marbles? Happy no @Toast

4 hours ago, msc said:

Burn her!!!

Oh wait, she's not going back on her previous metoo support and is instead making a point about unpersoning uncomfortable stuff. Which is fair enough. Is anyone clamouring to CGI out alleged serial rapist Clark Gable from his many films? To pick one randomer from thousands of possibles. Hell, Ferris Buellars Day Off contains one multiple woman murderer and a child sex offender in its main cast, yet you can watch it about once a month on FilmFour or other channels.

Whaaat? Clark Gable was a rapist?

4 hours ago, msc said:

Burn her!!!

29 minutes ago, ImissMontpellier said:

Whaaat? Clark Gable was a rapist?

I think you prove the whole fucking point.

So just to recap, is she actually ill or not :lol:

84 today! :birthday:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MalePoster said:

Really love her on Downtown Abbey,hope she last decades longer

Under her Maggie Smith alias?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, MalePoster said:

Really love her on Downtown Abbey,hope she last decades longer

Maggie Smith.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Maggie Smith.gif

:D

Of course, in that Nothing Like a Dame doc on the BBC (filmed earlier in 2018), Judi and Maggie both look and sound well for their ages. Eileen Atkins looks old now, but can still talk for Britain. Joan Plowright is apparently blind, and looked frailest of the four, but could reminisce about things from 70 years back - so likely in better shape than most folk about to turn 90.

imo I'd be quite happy for all the British Dames of that lot (4 above plus Rigg, Sian Philip and Jean Marsh) to be "deadpool bedblockers" for many more year to come.

• Like 3

Was interviewed on the Andrew Marr show this morning. No coughing or other obvious signs of weakness. Also appeared quite chipper. Not worth having on the list in the immediate future. 

20201122_093735.jpg

• Like 3