Paul Bearer

John McCririck

On 18/04/2019 at 23:18, The Old Crem said:

Because his death wont be announced apparently they is  quite a chance we wont know until many months later.

You were saying?

Just now, Toast said:

You were saying?

He was obviously either joking or the Booby has disregarded his wishes.

On 28/06/2019 at 23:33, CoffinLodger said:

Here's a recent pic of him.No longer able to stand by the look of things. What do you think?Likely to last much longer ? 

5455138-6321951-image-a-1_1540581000932.jpg

Looks similar to how John Wetton did in his final days.

Not so much the clothing of course but his actual physical appearance and state of health

36 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

The 5th hit was well overdue, but I wish it had been someone else. John McCririck really will be sadly missed on tv, by me anyway ! 

The young generation just coming out now (people born after the new millennium) won't even really remember classic British TV that much, all Netflix and Youtube now

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Didn't think he'd last furlong. 

he was a jewel though

The old sexist being kicked off Alan Titchmarsh in 2007....

Just now, Weebl said:

Looks similar to how John Wetton did in his final days.

Not so much the clothing of course but his actual physical appearance and state of health

Reminds me of the Robin Gibb near the end.

McCririck was either my last or next to last DDP cut, foregoing him for the luxury of Bill Turnbull as my 20th name :rolleyes:

SC

Armitage Shanks is sad his old mucker has gone to the betting ring in the sky and sends his condolences. He's not so well himself, mental health issues, which is why he doesn't drop by here nowadays. He thinks he's Lester Piggott half the time

• Sad 1

Think we should have another racing person to replace him next year. How about Lester or Willie Carson? 

2 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Think we should have another racing person to replace him next year. How about Lester or Willie Carson? 

Out of those two would imagine Lester is the most likely to snuff it first. I might be wrong but haven’t heard anything bad concerning Willie Carson’s health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fergie86 said:

Out of those two would imagine Lester is the most likely to snuff it first. I might be wrong but haven’t heard anything bad concerning Willie Carson’s health.

Jockeys aren't exactly the longest-lived breed and many of Carson's contemporaries are now riding in the great racecourse in the sky 

Joe Mercer is still around, although I have no idea about his health. 

Other retired jockeys include erstwhile BBC commentators Jimmy Lindley and Richard Pitman.

On 05/07/2019 at 18:50, Deathray said:

The old sexist being kicked off Alan Titchmarsh in 2007....

Titchmarsh what a do gooder creep. You just know he was that pupil running off to tell the teachers when something was going down.

Whether you agree with John or not at least he were honest and didn't hide his views. Him and Jim bowen are two of a small list of long term presenters who haven't been linked to abuse or groping or abuse of power etc and he had a long lasting marriage which actually says alot about him. You do also have to ask if there is a place for the man hating feminists (you can't deny they aren't all over TV spreading male patriarchy conspiracy theories) why is there no place for male chauvinism?  In true egalitarian society there is a place for people like John Mcririck.

• Like 2