7 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Citybus apologises for turning Pride bus into NHS rainbow bus https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-citybus-apologises-turning-pride-4145496#ICID=Android_PlymouthHeraldNewApp_AppShare

This non story in my City is so bad. Basically the Pride symbol has been covered over with a Thank You NHS on a rainbow bus.

Didnt stop some rancid queens complaining that the rainbow is the gay community symbol and that this is a rebranding too far.

As a rancid queen myself- not even I am offended by this. But some of the social media on the local pride forums here has been hilarious. It's all the youngsters complaining naturally. 

The Gays should be rejoicing that so many people have come out during these last couple of months and are proud to be displaying the recognised symbol in their windows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

The Gays should be rejoicing that so many people have come out during these last couple of months and are proud to be displaying the recognised symbol in their windows.

My first thought when this rainbow business started was that there would be trouble ahead.   Surely someone pointed out that as a symbol it was already "taken"?

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

My first thought when this rainbow business started was that there would be trouble ahead.   Surely someone pointed out that as a symbol it was already "taken"?

Totally agree. Zippy, George and Bungle were a homosexual menage a trois. But they never ever worked for the NHS. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

GOD: Hello, Hello Noah anyone?

• Haha 1

First the Holocaust, and now this!

A South Korean club has been fined 100 million won (£66,500) by the K-League for filling empty seats with 'sex dolls' at their recent home match.

"The incident has greatly insulted and hurt female and family fans," a K-League statement said.

_112379484_seoul.jpg.3fb1fdc8b3d095cc618e38177b82720c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

"Little Britain" is being removed from streaming services because of the blackface skits:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/09/little-britain-removed-from-bbc-iplayer-netflix-and-britbox-blackface

Meh... the crassness was the point.

Absolutely right to remove Little Britain, it is an absolute disgrace!!

Now I hope they never repeat the scene, in Coming to America, where young Eddie is made up to look like an elderly white man.

I mean, it is disgusting, filthy racism!!!

May they burn every copy of that film!!

coming-to-america-em13.jpg

• Like 2

They should also posthumously revoke Luise Rainer's Oscar for The Good Earth.

And ban Murder By Death.

Whilst my views are aligned to both of yours i have noted that both Williams and Lucas have both said they wouldn’t do those sketches now.

Those comments surprise me actually because I don’t feel like 2003 to 2008 was that long ago in terms of views on racial equality.

Maybe they mean now they are absolutely loaded thanks to Little Britain being so successful they wouldn’t black up, and take the piss out of council estate blonde chicks, and old women who piss themselves and transvestites etc just to earn a living.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Whilst my views are aligned to both of yours i have noted that both Williams and Lucas have both said they wouldn’t do those sketches now.

Those comments surprise me actually because I don’t feel like 2003 to 2008 was that long ago in terms of views on racial equality.

Maybe they mean now they are absolutely loaded thanks to Little Britain being so successful they wouldn’t black up, and take the piss out of council estate blonde chicks, and old women who piss themselves and transvestites etc just to earn a living.

Maybe they mean that, if they dared to do those types of sketches again, they would be vilified by sections of the public and would pretty much become persona non grata to an industry that had once feted them.

Leigh Francis had to wring the tears out, I mean, how could he have been so insensitive and racist by lampooning Michael Jackson?:rolleyes:

That has saved his career then.

Actually pissed that Little Britain has been pulled. I have a dream that we can one day live in a world where snowflake opinions are ignored and we can all live in harmony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Its just outrage culture that gets on my nerves. The fact that someone can piss and cry until they get what they want banned is the collapse of our society.

Cancel culture is the social equivalent of seeing an advert for guitar lessons, phoning up the number and shouting 'I dont want any fucking guitar lessons' down the phone. Seriously lets just ignore these cunts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Its just outrage culture that gets on my nerves. The fact that someone can piss and cry until they get what they want banned is the collapse of our society.

Cancel culture is the social equivalent of seeing an advert for guitar lessons, phoning up the number and shouting 'I dont want any fucking guitar lessons' down the phone. Seriously lets just ignore these cunts.

Or, another way of looking at it is that sufficient numbers have actually pointed out that something isn't right for the perpetrators (for want of a better word) to stop and think and come to the same conclusion.

If no-one pissed and cried we'd still have kids cleaning chimneys.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, time said:

Or, another way of looking at it is that sufficient numbers have actually pointed out that something isn't right for the perpetrators (for want of a better word) to stop and think and come to the same conclusion.

If no-one pissed and cried we'd still have kids cleaning chimneys.

I call it having the media controlled by a handful of idiots. The amount of people that complained are small, very small, opposed to the majority of people in this country who don't believe in censoring stuff they don't like. You seriously cannot compare non PC humour to fucking chimney sweeping and child labour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I call it having the media controlled by a handful of idiots. The amount of people that complained are small, very small, opposed to the majority of people in this country who don't believe in censoring stuff they don't like. You seriously cannot compare non PC humour to fucking chimney sweeping and child labour.

I only compare them to illustrate how things are are changed through public opinion. Regarding Little Britain, it hasn't been censored, its still available, as are Til Death Do Us Part, Love thy Neighbour and The Black and White Minstrels.

I'm just tired of people crying racism when there clearly is no such thing.

Example:  Someone asked if they could touch a girl's hair.  Girl's mother claims this was racist. 

The girl is black, but when I was at school there was a girl in my class who had crazy corkscrew curly hair, and some people did ask to touch it.  This girl was white. 

It has fuck all to do with racism, people were just fascinated by the texture of hair that was different from their own.  If you don't know the person well, it's a bit crass and intrusive.  With friends or classmates, not so much.  But not "racist".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time said:

I only compare them to illustrate how things are are changed through public opinion. Regarding Little Britain, it hasn't been censored, its still available, as are Til Death Do Us Part, Love thy Neighbour and The Black and White Minstrels.

I'm not saying they are cancelled. They are restricted. The BBC and Netfix were bullied into taking down a TV show, which many people enjoy. 

So what do we call a group of authoritarian people who make rules for everyone else without second thought? Telling them what to watch and what to think? Hmm there's a word for this somewhere... Oh yeah, I remember, they're called facists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I'm not saying they are cancelled. They are restricted. The BBC and Netfix were bullied into taking down a TV show, which many people enjoy. 

So what do we call a group of authoritarian people who make rules for everyone else without second thought? Telling them what to watch and what to think? Hmm there's a word for this somewhere... Oh yeah, I remember, they're called facists.

Whether they were bullied or bowed to pressure, or had a had some sort of transfiguration is unknown and we could argue one way or t'other till the cows come home, As the BBC/ITV/Netflix own the platforms, they' do get to decide what they what you watch. Money talks. TV networks have been telling you what to watch for as long they've existed. 

2 minutes ago, time said:

Whether they were bullied or bowed to pressure, or had a had some sort of transfiguration is unknown and we could argue one way or t'other till the cows come home, As the BBC/ITV/Netflix own the platforms, they' do get to decide what they what you watch. Money talks. TV networks have been telling you what to watch for as long they've existed. 

They were bullied into it. If they didn't give in then they run the risk of being a victim of the far left, the crime being anywhere between being attacked by the far left to being called 'racist'. 

• Like 1

Statues being pulled down and streets up for renaming in this country all in the name of some black dude that was killed in America, these people were honoured for building this country into what it is today only to have their history rewritten because some snowflakes don't like the thought of them.

If blacks in America are so uptight about their history that they call themselves African American and don't like statues of the people that brought them to America then perhaps they should all just fuck off back to Africa.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

They were bullied into it. If they didn't give in then they run the risk of being a victim of the far left, the crime being anywhere between being attacked by the far left to being called 'racist'. 

We'll agree to disagree shall we? It would appear there are two options:

• remove the offending programme,  giving into bullying by the left,
  • leave the programme, giving in to bullying by the right.

I believe that's what they call a no-win situation.

For the record, I'm opposed to censorship as a general rule, but that doesn't mean I agree with a free-for-all. 

8 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart?