13 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Black Lace are fucked then aren’t they, Agadon’t. 

Will Grace Jones have to stop singing Slave To The Rhythm:evil2:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Oh come fucking on

Seriously fuck these PC babies. This exodus is essentially killing British culture. These people are why other countries are laughing at us, we are such pussies. Speaking of pussies, why cant someone muster the balls to tell these cunts to fuck off.

• Like 1

Seems to be to do with the scene with Major using the N word and W*g.  People need to look at this in the context that the Major was a senile old fucker. Basil clearly just humours him. Stuff that wouldn't get written nowadays

Bet they'll move on to Manuel as offensive next.

There's not a fucking chance of the often homophobic, often misogynistic, often sexist, often classist, occasionally racist corrie archives being released in full during this epidemic of perpetual offendedness is there? 

People have lost their marbles, it was only a few years ago we were praising Corrie for using racist language as an accurate portrayal of the character? (2018 i think) 

People need to get a big fat fucking grip.... 

Ha! The Guardian editorial board has taken over the UK media.

Press release from Ozzy Osbourne:

"With regret we have decided to rename our group "Sabbath of Indeterminate Colour". We apologise for any offence caused."

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Seems to be to do with the scene with Major using the N word and W*g.  People need to look at this in the context that the Major was a senile old fucker. Basil clearly just humours him. Stuff that wouldn't get written nowadays

That was Smallfilms' original title for Noggin the Nog, till the '60s SJWs forced Firmin and Postgate towards reworking as a more culturally acceptable Vikingcentric concept.

Not a lot of people know that.

Just trying to provide a different perspective here.

20 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Re bit I've bolded - I've actually arrived at the point where I don't even know what I am allowed to think or say any more.

I'd be surprised if the pyramids weren't built with a teeny weeny bit of slave labour.

The Coliseum still stands despite it being a venue for slaves fighting each other to death.

Where does it all end? Ben Elton's latest book pokes fun at this kind of retrospective judging of people and in it Samuel Pepys gets put on the Sexual Offenders Register, guilty by his own diary entries.

I think it's pretty clear what the goalposts are. I think you're trying to fish for something here that's not really the focus of why these sorts of things are being pushed for. We are far far far removed from Ancient Egypt or Ancient Rome where nobody really has any connection to anybody living during that period thus we can't empathize with any of them. 

Considering how recent slavery is to current day and the lasting effects it still has on black people, I believe it's justifiable to say we shouldn't be honoring those who perpetrated slavery. I don't understand the argument that "taking down statues is taking away history". It doesn't change history. Statues are meant to honor those they depict, but there's nothing honorable about slavery. What if Germany had monuments that honored Nazis 100 years from now. Would you still be against it?

14 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Heh, the current generation are soft and don't know how easy they've got it, they just parrot whatever they've heard on the TV and have no social skills to deal with the wilder world.

(SIX MONTHS LATER)

I've joined Combat 18 because Rory Bremner's Nelson Mandela impression isn't broadcast 24 hours a day on at least seven TV stations.

Every single generation says this about the generations under them, I'm sure your parents said the same about your generation. I'm also never sure what people who convey this message really think is so easy nowadays. I mean I guess technology has made some things easier on people, but I don't think those are any of the reasons people complain about. 

"they just parrot whatever they've heard on the TV and have no social skills to deal with the wilder world."

The current generation can easily say the same thing about your generation. People believe whatever they want to believe. It's ignorant to say that people just say whatever they hear because they think that's what everyone wants them to think. That's makes no sense.

7 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Seriously fuck these PC babies. This exodus is essentially killing British culture. These people are why other countries are laughing at us, we are such pussies. Speaking of pussies, why cant someone muster the balls to tell these cunts to fuck off.

It's a TV show. I'm sure if you wanted to watch the episode somewhere you could. It's pretty exaggerative to act this way about something that really doesn't matter at all. There's tons of media that isn't ran publically on air, but you care about this one episode? I don't see you caring about never seeing Cannibal Holocaust on UKTV. 

It just seems like you guys are being completely oblivious to the title of the thread by acting like snowflakes yourselves.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The point in that scene is that the Major complains about a racial slur confounding the audience intially only to be revealed that the reason for his complaint was it was the wrong racial slur. The racism is actually being called out by the writing but some may not comprehend the subtly of it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The point in that scene is that the Major complains about a racial slur confounding the audience intially only to be revealed that the reason for his complaint was it was the wrong racial slur. The racism is actually being called out by the writing but some may not comprehend the subtly of it. 

I'm not sure there is room for subtlety in this arena.:D

As stated earlier I just don't understand what is right and wrong any more and, maybe more specifically, why it is right or wrong.

It seems straightforward that you shouldn't use words like N and W and that makes perfect sense.

But when you start banning things because people have said those things are we going to arrive at a position where the only time you hear the N word are in a load of films where black people wander round calling each other the N word constantly (Tarantino films for eg) and that is okay.

If the word is not okay then it is not okay - full stop.

I remember a girl getting thrown out of the Big Brother house because she used the N word but she clearly thought she was mimicking Samuel L Jackson etc and not doing anything wrong.  

All this idiotic censorship, such as it is, that’s happened off the back of BLM’s momentum, does absolutely nothing to combat racism and in fact detracts from the importance and objective of the movement and the real concern behind it. Rather than pettily and cynically removing old sitcoms and making BLM look like some kind of shitty political correctness exercise, how about instead focusing on talking about how to make people’s lives better?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

How do some general public not see that when a lot (not all) of these comedy scenes were written they are directing the mockery at the actual racist and making them look like the dick, not mocking the race itself, but people do like to miss the point in the name of a massive leap on to a passing bandwagon. 

Everyone who starred in Mind Your Language might as well kill themselves now.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

How do some general public not see that when a lot (not all) of these comedy scenes were written they are directing the mockery at the actual racist and making them look like the dick, not mocking the race itself, but people do like to miss the point in the name of a massive leap on to a passing bandwagon. 

Everyone who starred in Mind Your Language might as well kill themselves now.   

I was determined not to post in this thread but, fuck, I have to.

Anybody seen the footage that is all over the news regarding the Police stopping a Black couple in Suffolk?

No? Go and have a look.

Seriously, fucking disgusting, I'd turf both of those 'officers' out of their jobs.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Anybody seen the footage that is all over the news regarding the Police stopping a Black couple in Suffolk?

No? Go and have a look.

Seriously, fucking disgusting, I'd turf both of those 'officers' out of their jobs.

The problem is a lot of a police are fucking idiots. And it's hardly an attractive profession for people who aren't hence you end up with coppers like that, 

21 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

No? Go and have a look.

Fucksake now THAT is the sort of thing people should be getting up in arms about, not Basil fucking Fawlty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So none of you read the article. 

41 minutes ago, Banana said:

So none of you read the article. 

No.

• Like 1

As someone pointed out on Twitter, at least 40% of Plymouth will potentially have to change if (and theres a BIG backlash against it) the City decides to remove all references to Sir Francis Drake. Drake's Island, Drakes Circus shopping centre, Drake Circus road, Drake election ward, Drake Primary School- the list goes on and on.

The Sir John Hawkins Square in the City Centre has already started to be changed. It just seems that the campaign against Drake is really annoying most rational locals against the Woke generation. 

Interestingly, they are also targeting Lady Nancy Astor new statue for her anti Catholic,  anti Jewish views as well. 

Seems we like our "pirate" here! 

2 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

As someone pointed out on Twitter, at least 40% of Plymouth will potentially have to change if (and theres a BIG backlash against it) the City decides to remove all references to Sir Francis Drake. Drake's Island, Drakes Circus shopping centre, Drake Circus road, Drake election ward, Drake Primary School- the list goes on and on.

The Sir John Hawkins Square in the City Centre has already started to be changed. It just seems that the campaign against Drake is really annoying most rational locals against the Woke generation. 

Interestingly, they are also targeting Lady Nancy Astor new statue for her anti Catholic,  anti Jewish views as well. 

The campaign against Nancy Astor isn't new, she's noted for her Nazism. 

4 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Drake did all of his work on the orders of Elizabeth I, and I am yet to see suggestions we change anything named after her. Or Victoria.

Curious to see their list includes Sir Robert Peel, possibly because they are mistaking him for another member of his own family, but also maybe because of his anti-Catholic views. Despite those views, he wrote the bill on emancipation in the 1820s and sacrificed his own top level career to end the Corn Laws. So are we going to hate on a chap in 2020 for his personal views when he was still directly responsible for the two of the biggest moves in favour of poor Irish and British Catholics in his life? (Lets not forget the man also banned sending kids down mines, and 99% of the capital offences from the times when you could be hung for stealing an apple...) Gladstone also based on his family and the reason he was put in parliament in the first place as a 20 year old was to oppose abolition - but we don't remember him solely for that, do we? We remember him because he grow out of those views, denounced them, and went onto champion the rights of the individual throughout the world. Both were heavy on basic civil rights long before that became a big thing.

I do have sympathy for the BLM cause, and get the starting point for some of these discussions (as I said before, any statue put up to a known racist in the 1990s in a public place is just shit stirring) but if everyone is getting judged to the standards of the two men above in 2020 as a basic example, none of us are escaping spotless. There's a strong degree of baby with the bathwater here, led on by the Scrappy Doos in society who probably couldn't name you a single African American civil rights leader. So either we bulldoze all of the UK, or we face up to history and context. But then I am opposed to facelift proposals that do nothing to make things better bar make a few guilty middle class consciences feel better.

• Like 4

image.png.2cd21fa4e20bcb086530b5d36c0d0f2f.png

• Haha 6
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

image.png.2cd21fa4e20bcb086530b5d36c0d0f2f.png

It's not chalk either.