1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

640x640.jpg

Maybe unsurprisingly, I fucking love these tasty little bastards.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I had other plans originally, but I couldn't get to the butcher.  But seeing the Mr Brain's Faggots in the freezer in the village shop, I thought,

"Oooh!  Haven't had those in an age,"

and the rest is history :D

I like them too, actually.

Obviously, we need to call them something else now....:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Why the fuck should we? :angry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

We really don’t. It’s not like they’re called ‘Bummers’ or ‘Cocksuckers’ is it?

Most “offence” is bollocks, it’s fake, it’s a construct of people who actually want to offend people. So they pretend these things do cause offence. Unfortunately, certain silly cunts fall for it and make it an issue that never existed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oxford English Distionary has a very long list of definitions for faggot, most of which relate to bundles of things.

image.png.54aaa585110f2489fee8beae7c21324b.png

Homosexuals are not singled out for abuse though.

Note The Pogues reference!

image.png.84197cba9f6027e9f408c631f16c967a.png

And now that I recall, my grandmother used to call me a little faggot when I was a kid.

image.png.8bee3c48a802d4514afd241482f77788.png

We need to reclaim this word!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

We really don’t. It’s not like they’re called ‘Bummers’ or ‘Cocksuckers’ is it?

Most “offence” is bollocks, it’s fake, it’s a construct of people who actually want to offend people. So they pretend these things do cause offence. Unfortunately, certain silly cunts fall for it and make it an issue that never existed.

Hey, my tongue was in my cheek when I wrote that!

Yeah, the world is becoming, if it wasn't already, utterly fucking stupid!

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Hey, my tongue was in my cheek when I wrote that!

Yeah, the world is becoming, if it wasn't already, utterly fucking stupid!

Yeah, but the thing that boils my piss about this stupidity is that a lot of it is fucking made up! 

It probably won’t be long before Faggots change their name, but not a single person, no matter whether they’re LGBT+ or not, will call for it. The company will just do it to bow to the ‘offence culture’ that’s a construct of the people that hate it so much, to avoid risking getting into trouble that, actually, never would’ve happened.

It’s less-than-accepting people in a more accepting society trying to ridicule the people who are thriving in it.

The ‘snowflake’ thread, realistically, and despite a few interesting conversations in it, shouldn’t exist, because the number of actual snowflakes are so infinitesimal that they can be ignored just as easily as the gammons and cranks on the other side of the spectrum.

Sorry, the anger ain’t aimed at anyone in particular, I’m just a bit fed up :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oxford English Distionary has a very long list of definitions for faggot, most of which relate to bundles of things.

image.png.54aaa585110f2489fee8beae7c21324b.png

Homosexuals are not singled out for abuse though.

Note The Pogues reference!

image.png.84197cba9f6027e9f408c631f16c967a.png

And now that I recall, my grandmother used to call me a little faggot when I was a kid.

image.png.8bee3c48a802d4514afd241482f77788.png

We need to reclaim this word!

Not quite the same thing but my mum still uses slut to mean slattern. It caused a bit of drama when I was a teenager and went on holiday with a friend who turned out to be really untidy. I'm untidy too but it's obvious I am, not so my friend, queue my my mum telling my friend's mum ''Well I always knew Andrea was a little slut but I was really surprised to find out L is too.''  

Oh and to my grandmother a minge was always a miserly person.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Not quite the same thing but my mum still uses slut to mean slattern. It caused a bit of drama when I was a teenager and went on holiday with a friend who turned out to be really untidy. I'm untidy too but it's obvious I am, not so my friend, queue my my mum telling my friend's mum ''Well I always knew Andrea was a little slut but I was really surprised to find out L is too.''  

Oh and to my grandmother a minge was always a miserly person.  

Yes, I always understood slut to mean slattern, but it wasn't a word that you came across very often anyway.   It's only in recent years that it seems to have gained currency as a synonym for slapper. 

And yes, "mingy" was quite commonly used to mean stingy or mean.

By the way, while we're on words, Susie Dent's fabulous "Word Perfect" which has an unusual word for every day of the year is available today as a Kindle download on Amazon for just 99p.  Snap it up!  I bought this for my aunt for Christmas and she's really enjoying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Maybe unsurprisingly, I fucking love these tasty little bastards.

Maybe unsurprisingly, I giggle like a schoolboy when I see them for sale. It was the same with Morrisons Christmas offer of a special offer on cheap tarts...

20 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Yes Toast, very niggardly of you.

Yes, I'm such a minge.   :D

4 hours ago, Toast said:

And yes, "mingy" was quite commonly used to mean stingy or mean.

In my youth and still to a certain extent, 'mingin' was to be dirty/smelly but it has sadly fallen out of use and only coined by those from certain areas and of a certain age.

• Haha 2

I didn't laugh out loud until......the sigh at 1:59. Then I did.

36 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Great, another fix no one called for to solve a problem no one identified.

I don’t know who I despair more for - the people who signed off on this idea or the people getting so wound up by it. No one cares about a sodding potato toy. Ignore it.

EDIT: Oh look. Quelle surprise, it’s not actually true. It’s just the brand name; Mr and Mrs still exist.

• Like 2

Available in men and women's sizes.:clivedunn:

Ev0XtEiXYAU2hHE.jpeg

• Haha 2

I'm gender neutral myself these days. 

I've a cock and balls, and a cracking pair of tits. Best of both worlds...

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Available in men and women's sizes.:clivedunn:

Ev0XtEiXYAU2hHE.jpeg

It should offer a choice of tits or no tits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

It should offer a choice of tits or no tits.

I think anyone wearing that is 100% tit. 

Listen up Buttercups! As someone who actually grew up watching Pepé Le Pew (and all those “BAD” Saturday morning cartoons), I never saw Pepe as a rapist or promoting rapist culture. HELL I didn’t even know what a rapist was. I WAS A CHILD! 
Let me impart my CHILDHOOD thoughts:
The only reason I ever thought the cat tried to get away from Pepe was because she was in fact, A CAT and he was a SKUNK. (For those of you who are biologically/scientifically  challenged... Skunks and Cats ARE completely different animals.) Skunks also smelled... bad.
I distinctly remember watching and thinking:
If Pepe catches up with her, she’s going to need a bath. 
That’s it. 
DEAR CANCEL CULTURE:
STOP READING MORE INTO OUR CHILDHOOD CARTOONS, BREAKFAST FOOD ICONS, VEHICLE NAMES, and everything else. No one became a rapist, racist, murderer, animal abuser, or dropper of anvils from watching our vintage Saturday morning cartoons while eating Aunt Jemima pancakes. You are, IN FACT, idiots, looking for attention due to the lack of parental fortitude in YOUR own lives. 
You are walking, talking, “grown” infants. Screaming when you don’t get your way resulting in showing the world how truly absurd you are. 
How about WE THE PEOPLE cancel YOU because WE are offended by your feckless, pansy arse, stupidity! 

Just sayin' 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Listen up Buttercups! As someone who actually grew up watching Pepé Le Pew (and all those “BAD” Saturday morning cartoons), I never saw Pepe as a rapist or promoting rapist culture. HELL I didn’t even know what a rapist was. I WAS A CHILD! 
Let me impart my CHILDHOOD thoughts:
The only reason I ever thought the cat tried to get away from Pepe was because she was in fact, A CAT and he was a SKUNK. (For those of you who are biologically/scientifically  challenged... Skunks and Cats ARE completely different animals.) Skunks also smelled... bad.
I distinctly remember watching and thinking:
If Pepe catches up with her, she’s going to need a bath. 
That’s it. 
DEAR CANCEL CULTURE:
STOP READING MORE INTO OUR CHILDHOOD CARTOONS, BREAKFAST FOOD ICONS, VEHICLE NAMES, and everything else. No one became a rapist, racist, murderer, animal abuser, or dropper of anvils from watching our vintage Saturday morning cartoons while eating Aunt Jemima pancakes. You are, IN FACT, idiots, looking for attention due to the lack of parental fortitude in YOUR own lives. 
You are walking, talking, “grown” infants. Screaming when you don’t get your way resulting in showing the world how truly absurd you are. 
How about WE THE PEOPLE cancel YOU because WE are offended by your feckless, pansy arse, stupidity! 

Just sayin' 

Can somebody précis this for those who haven’t got a fucking clue what this ramble was all about?