Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martyminx

Elizabeth Taylor

She has recent pictures out. She is an add to my list.

Do you have a link to the new photos?

No it was in US magazine.

oh well, I'll wander to the other side of the office and see if anyone's left the latest issue in the reception area

oh well, I'll wander to the other side of the office and see if anyone's left the latest issue in the reception area

I think that paint might still be a bit tacky Phantom :birthday: Do I get a turn in your chair?

I think that paint might still be a bit tacky Phantom :birthday: Do I get a turn in your chair?

nope, no one has left the latest issue out.

I don't know when this one was taken but it was published in April.

nope, no one has left the latest issue out.

They might have one in the library. Tried there?

C'mon, what's up with all these celebrities and their near death experiences? They need to stop teasing us with this. doctor: celebrity might not make it through the night. Celebrity survives. Doctor is surprised. Everybody relieved.

Emilio, Kelsey Grammar, Amy Winehouse, and Elizabeth Taylor have all teased us with being hospitalized. Doctors thought that several of them wouldn't survive and make it through the night. But alas, they're alive and on the mend. :rip:

Celebrity deaths are starting to dry up. Hell, even in 2007, celebs were dying at a much faster rate (granted, many were not super famous celebrities, but they were major and have contributed in some unique way).

I've been on holiday and got quite excited when I read a newspaper report that Liz was going down hill fast. I arrve home yesterday to reports that she's better and preparing to go home. Maybe I should have stayed that extra week. :rip:

The Daily Mail think that Elizabeth Taylor might be turning in to Michael Jackson.

I'm more saddened by some of the comments than the pictures;

Bless her, 76 years old, I'm no expert but I don't believe she has aged well. My lovely neighbour whom I have always believed was about 70, informed me recently that she was in fact 83! She looks fab... and the secret to her looking so well I believe is because she walks to the shops (or rather marches) each and every day. The key to good health is walking (says she who drives everywhere!!).

- Tracey, Kent, 11/12/2008 3:26

Jesus Tracey, not only are "you the best advert for driving everywhere", but a great advert for private education and why 'news' establishments shouldn't allow reader comment. Ever.

She says, "My heart... my mind... are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common we had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so. He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life without him. But I guess with God's help... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love him forever."

Not a very happy bunny, then.

She says, "My heart... my mind... are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common we had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so. He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life without him. But I guess with God's help... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love him forever."

Not a very happy bunny, then.

Didn't she also marry that "From Here To Eternity"-star who died (young) in a car accident?

Are you talking about Montgomery Clift? He had an accident but didn't die in it - and no, Elizabeth Taylor was never married to him. He was leaving her house when he had the wreck, though.

She was married to Conrad Hilton, Michael Wilding, Michael Todd, Eddie Fisher, Richard Burton x2, John Warner and Larry Fortensky.

Liz might pop her clogs soon after the MJ news :)

Taylor Collapsed After Learning Of Jackson's Death

26 June 2009 10:56 AM, PDT

Screen legend Dame Elizabeth Taylor sparked a medical emergency of her own on Thursday when she collapsed in her Hollywood home after hearing about the tragic death of her longtime friend Michael Jackson.

The Thriller hitmaker passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 50.

A representative for Taylor, who coined the phrase King of Pop as she presented him with an award in 1989, claimed the Oscar winner was "too devastated" to comment on the superstar's death in the hours following the shocking news.

But it's now emerged the actress, 77, is recovering from her own health scare, which prompted her personal physician to make a late visit to her home on Thursday.

According to In Touch magazine, Taylor was preparing to dash to UCLA Medical Centre in California to be by Jackson's bedside when she was told of his untimely demise.

A source says, "Liz was getting dressed when the second call came that Michael had died, and she collapsed. Liz is in a state of shock.

"She and Michael had their ups and downs, but she never stopped loving him. Now, she’s grief-stricken beyond words."

link:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0852614

Taylor: 'I Will Love Jackson Forever'

27 June 2009 7:26 AM, PDT

Screen legend Dame Elizabeth Taylor has issued a broken-hearted statement about her longtime friendship with Michael Jackson.

Taylor sparked a medical emergency of her own when she collapsed in her Hollywood home after hearing about Jackson's sudden death on Thursday. The singer passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 50.

The 77-year-old actress - who coined the phrase King of Pop as she presented him with an award in 1989 - was visited at her home by a personal physician in the hours following Jackson's death.

She has now overcome her medical scare and issued an emotional message, revealing she was due to visit Jackson in a few short weeks as he prepared for his comeback concerts in London.

Same Link

Jeez, I've just puked up my Salt n Vinegar chipsticks.

How has Diana Ross taken the news?

I'm sure she probably almost had a heart attack when being told she might get his kids!