Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martyminx

Elizabeth Taylor

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

So reports are saying that Taylor's last husband Larry Fortensky already died last year.

http://extratv.com/2017/04/13/liz-taylors-ex-husband-larry-fortensky-dead-at-64/

Apparently , he suffered from melanoma. It has gone unreported the whole time as he cut contact with his family. I wonder if it's actually true. You'd think the usual papers would report.

If true, that leaves former Senator John Warner as the last surviving Liz Taylor hubby.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

If true, that leaves former Senator John Warner as the last surviving Liz Taylor hubby.

Hmm...how is he doing?...

Turned 90 a couple months ago but seems to be doing okay healthwise. Still making public appearances, and co-wrote an opinion piece on the Russian election meddling last month.

http://radaronline.com/videos/elizabeth-taylor-ex-larry-fortensky-dies-sister-reveals-sad-final-days/

Radar Online is reporting the same, that Larry Fortensky has died. I know they aren't always the most reliable of sources but I don't think they'd make up something like this. One would hope not anyway but it seems pretty official to me going by the article. 

7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://radaronline.com/videos/elizabeth-taylor-ex-larry-fortensky-dies-sister-reveals-sad-final-days/

Radar Online is reporting the same, that Larry Fortensky has died. I know they aren't always the most reliable of sources but I don't think they'd make up something like this. One would hope not anyway but it seems pretty official to me going by the article. 

This was him two years ago apparently, so he may well have died:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/elizabeth-taylor-ex-husband-larry-fortensky-living-like-a-hermit/

He had been an alcoholic too, don't forget (he actually met Liz in rehab).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

This was him two years ago apparently, so he may well have died:  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/elizabeth-taylor-ex-husband-larry-fortensky-living-like-a-hermit/

He had been an alcoholoc too, don't forget (he actually met Liz in rehab).

Yes he was probably one of Elizabeths worst or poorest choices of husband Eddie Fisher aside. 

Just found out that Elizabeth Taylors brother Howard is still alive aged 88 according to Google information. 

Given this and that her mother lived into her nineties I'm convinced that Elizabeth would still be alive if she hadn't of had such a strongly addictive personality,alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs. Or if she'd have quit them 5-10 years earlier. 

Then again I dare say it can be argued that her legendary iconic fame wouldn't have been what it was if she hadn't of had such an addictive nature. 

Hi Toastie. :D

17 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Hi Toastie. :D

I'm a delicious fruity Crumble not a piece of heated bread! 

Seriously though who is Toastie or are you meaning @Toast

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Just found out that Elizabeth Taylors brother Howard is still alive aged 88 according to Google information. 

Given this and that her mother lived into her nineties I'm convinced that Elizabeth would still be alive if she hadn't of had such a strongly addictive personality,alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs. Or if she'd have of quit them 5-10 years earlier. 

Then again I dare say it can be argued that her legendary iconic fame wouldn't have of been what it was if she hadn't of had such an addictive nature. 

FTFY.

j/k  ;)

(Will this do, Cat?)

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank you I stand humbly corrected again!! 

Humble Crumble

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Crossposting here with a more national obit, one of Taylor's ex-husbands, long-time Virginia Senator John Warner, dead at 94 (not 93, Daily Beast):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-warner-virginia-senator-for-three-decades-has-died-at-93-report

And apparently the last one of Taylor's husbands alive.

On 21/04/2018 at 23:04, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Given this and that her mother lived into her nineties I'm convinced that Elizabeth would still be alive if she hadn't of had such a strongly addictive personality,alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs. Or if she'd have quit them 5-10 years earlier. 

Then again I dare say it can be argued that her legendary iconic fame wouldn't have been what it was if she hadn't of had such an addictive nature. 

Howard Taylor died in August 2020 at the age of 91 according to imdb

• Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 21:04, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm convinced that Elizabeth would still be alive if she hadn't of had such a strongly addictive personality,alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs. Or if she'd have quit them 5-10 years earlier. 

And husbands. 

I'm in this picture and I don't like it. 

RIP Mr Elizabeth Taylor Hilton Wilding Todd Fischer Burton Burton Warner (Fortensky)

Apparently she absolutely hated being married to a United States senator for more than the obvious reasons. Wasn't allowed to wear purple because it was politically controversial. I'd not put up with that either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, arghton said:

And apparently the last one of Taylor's husbands alive.

Howard Taylor died in August 2020 at the age of 91 according to imdb

Thank you

3 hours ago, Boudicca said:

And husbands. 

I'm in this picture and I don't like it. 

RIP Mr Elizabeth Taylor Hilton Wilding Todd Fischer Burton Burton Warner (Fortensky)

Apparently she absolutely hated being married to a United States senator for more than the obvious reasons. Wasn't allowed to wear purple because it was politically controversial. I'd not put up with that either. 

Fair points but apparently  John was one of  her favourite  husbands  on a personal  level.  Eddie Fisher was the one she badmouthed a lot . I believe she was rarely if ever critical of John and didn't seem to have an axe to grind or a grudge against him despite the marriages failure. 

• Like 1