Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martyminx

Elizabeth Taylor

Am I the only person who finds this funny:

In November 2004, Taylor announced that she has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure... She has broken her back five times, has survived a benign brain tumor operation, skin cancer and has faced life-threatening bouts with pneumonia twice.

How can one person be so unlucky? :angel3:

Guest maryelaine

Is today the day? i worry my mom is in the hospital and she has been a dead ringer for Liz Taylor her entire life. it might scare my mom if Liz was to die now.

me

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4413890.stm

Article which discusses her AIDs charity work.

Already mentioned here:

Saw it in a Sunday paper nad she was being group kissed by Tom Petty (looking reasonably near to death himself) and (I think her onetime Stepdaughter) Carrie Fisher. LT looked overweight but not too unhealthy. She did throw out some quote about giving up acting and saving A.I.D.S victims being a higher form of performance or something.

Breaking News! ;):)

Taylor Dies!

But it was not Elizabeth Taylor :P

Liz Taylor picks up another pointless award, the woman has done nothing of merit for decades so god knows why they keep giving her awards.

Anyway she looks OK in the picture, not likely to die anytime soon.

Any news on Liz? Is she very much in the running for 2006?

It looks like she was exaggerating her health for attention, but she's a fair candidate for the list. It would be a rather silly miss.

It looks like she was exaggerating her health for attention, but she's a fair candidate for the list. It would be a rather silly miss.

It's very hard to located where her health is currently wondering. The key fact is that she seems very unhappy, depressed'

Boudicca PM'd me today saying she thought Liz was going to be next to

hit DL charts and she wasn't sure why?

It's very hard to located where her health is currently wondering. The key fact is that she seems very unhappy, depressed'

Boudicca PM'd me today saying she thought Liz was going to be next to

hit DL charts and she wasn't sure why?

All I could find was that her mother lived to be 99... but her mother's mother lived to be only 68.

In other words, I have no idea when Liz will check out, but it really doesn't affect me at all, so I suppose I'm a bit apathetic.

Guest lizzie

Come on people, don't put me in the ground before my time. I still have a lot of living to do.

Liz

Guest Lizzie
Come on people, don't put me in the ground before my time. I still have a lot of living to do.

Liz

"It's only a thought and a thought can be changed."

By Louise L. Hay

Liz

That's not what you were saying last year. ;)

someone had sent a request for an autograph in December last year and recieved an autograph and a paw print from the dog

I know Liz Taylor is past her prime, but it's not nice to call her a dog ;)

Queenie,

I wouldn't dream of it :lol: still it could have been worse... you could have called her old too ;)

someone had sent a request for an autograph in December last year and recieved an autograph and a paw print from the dog

I know Liz Taylor is past her prime, but it's not nice to call her a dog :o

No that's not Liz at all, that's what I call Martha Stewart every time I see her.

Just to remind those of you who might have forgetten a few key episodes in Taylor's life, I submit these two paragraphs from a piece I wrote a while back.-Ron Price, Tasmania. :blink: ________

The year I was eighteen, in 1962, Richard Burton had just begun a relationship, the epic romance of the century, with Elizabeth Taylor. Each would eventually divorce their spouses and in 1964 marry. By August 1962 when my pioneering life began, the film Cleopatra had been in the making for more than a year. Taylor and Burton were the first celebrities to have the paparazzi following them wherever they went. At least that was the way English actor-director Guy Masterson put it in an interview on ABC Radio National.

Film-makers in 1962-1963 were struggling to get a handle on the epic as an art form. During this struggle they tried Cleopatra, a film first screened in June 1963. Despite its many gargantuan flaws the film remains a compelling story of tremendous spectacle and power. The film went for four hours after being cut from six. It won four oscars. The film delivers visual spectacle on a scale few pictures can rival. By today’s standards the 44 million it cost 20th Century Fox to produce would be $400 million. Seven weeks before Cleopatra was first released in New York, the Universal House of Justice was elected. -Ron Price with thanks to Margaret Throsby, ABC Radio National, October 19th, 2004, 10:00-11:00 am and to the Movie Review Querie Engine(MRQE).

What few key episodes are those Ron - that she married Richard Burton and was in Cleopatra? Such insight.

And what, pray tell, is the Universal House of Justice? Isn't that what the superfriends belonged to?

Hatstand. Completely and utterly hatstand