Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Roman Reigns

Phone-posting but thread worthy. As noted in the wrestling thread, strangely defeatist tweets from everyone else backstage about this. Could well be a Drop 40er next year.

33 year old WWE world champ (x 4 or 5 times, I lose count) with relapsed cancer announced last night, for those scratching their heads.

Dunno how serious it is - other than general leukemia relapse serious of course - , but yeah, Drop 40ing certainty if the situation turns out dire.

35 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Phone-posting but thread worthy. As noted in the wrestling thread, strangely defeatist tweets from everyone else backstage about this. Could well be a Drop 40er next year.

Strangely defeatist is right - Cena's tweet for example isn't something you'd expect given RR said he'd beat it again (in more colourful language of course)

Thoughts:

1) Usually a 33-year-old male in good physical shape should defeat leukaemia pretty easily

2) However, this is a recurrence. Is there any information out there yet on the specific form of cancer it is?

3) If you're a recovering cancer sufferrer, why the fuck would you go on HGH? I mean that's clearly what's caused this, right?

4) There's always one dead pool pick each year that's a big name celeb who nobody really bothered to pick because we all assumed it was a low form of cancer (I'm thinking Tito Villanova especially here). Could The Big Dog be next year's?

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

However, this is a recurrence. Is there any information out there yet on the specific form of cancer it is?

The cancer he has is leukemia. 

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, Joey, note that Spade mentioned leukemia and then remember there are many different types of it, all with varying degrees of severity.

It's wrestling. If it's bad, we'll find out, that lot are worse at poker faces than Theresa May.

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Pretty certain Spade knows that as its in his first sentence. Sure what he means is what type of leukaemia? (oh just noticed this is another word Americans can't spell)

If I had to guess which leukemia he has it would be a chronic one.He talked about putting it into remission.Both chronic tyoes have 83% surivival rate after 5 years or more and you can live pretty much and normal life. But this is his 2nd Diagnosis and that's important as symptoms when you're in remission can be the same as if the leukemia has returned and can easily be dismissed, left to long chronic leukemia goes into the blast phase.

There are two phases to leukemia chronic phase and blast phase. If you're on the blast phase your best hope is to get it back into the chronic phase.If treatment doesn't work in blast phase you literally have months to live. I do wonder if roman reigns has be diagnosed in the blast phase hence the defeatist attitude. If so and the treatment doesn't work he'll be and cert for next year.

• Acute myeloid (or myelogenous) leukemia (AML)
  • Chronic myeloid (or myelogenous) leukemia (CML)
  • Acute lymphocytic (or lymphoblastic) (ALL)
  • Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukaemia-cml/survival

On a side note at 3.45 his words say one thing but his face/eyes say another.

Any reason this shouldn't be in the wrestling thread?   Just asking. 

On 23/10/2018 at 18:05, Paul Bearer said:

I don't mind either way but i think he is a big enough name for his own thread.

25 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Same reason anyone who is important enough doesn't get sidelined into a general thread. I mean if Lionel Messi was diagnosed with leukaemia we'd probably not shove him into Time Added. This is Roman Reigns, it's not like we've started a thread for the one from Ascension that isn't Viktor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Same reason anyone who is important enough doesn't get sidelined into a general thread. I mean if Lionel Messi was diagnosed with leukaemia we'd probably not shove him into Time Added. This is Roman Reigns, it's not like we've started a thread for the one from Ascension that isn't Viktor.

OK. Fair enough. I just don't really rate these 'wrestlers' as sportsmen. 

• Like 3

Aye but Paul, you cannot take on the Wresting fans, even as an Admin.

They're a "community" ffs.

The "W" in LGBTPXBFPTW if they get their way.

(All of the cunts loved Victor Mature and sword/sandal epics, yet don't admit their sexuality).

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

OK. Fair enough. I just don't really rate these 'wrestlers' as sportsmen. 

OK. Fair enough. I don't really rate those "Fort William FC players" as sportsmen either.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, msc said:

OK. Fair enough. I don't really rate those "Fort William FC players" as sportsmen either.

:D

Aye, but none of them are dying or have leukaemia. (I think) 

Just now, Paul Bearer said:

Aye, but you had me for a second there posting a Go Fund Me in their thread!

1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

They fucking play like they all are.....

• Haha 4

Another member of the Samoan Dynasty has Cancer

Samu Anoa'i 

Brother of Rikishi,has announced he has Stage 4 Liver Cancer and is waiting for a Transplant

13 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Another member of the Samoan Dynasty has Cancer

Samu Anoa'i 

Brother of Rikishi,has announced he has Stage 4 Liver Cancer and is waiting for a Transplant

Was wondering if anyone would post that here or if you'd keep your powder dry for 2019. Definitely gonna be a popular pick among the upper echelons of the DDP next year.

Leukaemia comes in many forms. I know a fellow who’s well into his 70s who’s been living a normal life for many years with a mild form of it. He gets a testosterone injection periodically, which results in his dear wife, as she put it “having a little difficulty matching supply to demand” :D

First public appearance since publicly announcing his illness. Wearing a hat to hide hair loss no doubt ,a few grey hairs on his beard and don't know what others think but his face looks slightly off colour. Could be the cold though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeorgiaTechFB/status/1066364776056594433?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1066364776056594433&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fsport%2Fwwe%2F1050079%2FRoman-Reigns-WWE-news-leukaemia-RAW-Broc k-Lesnar-Georgia-Tech

DsyJKELW0AAY6yC.jpeg

Cancels public autograph appearance in january. I'm sure he would of defo made it if he could,so make of that what you will.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/wwe/1056167/Roman-Reigns-WWE-news-leukaemia-Becky-Lynch-Charlotte-Flair-Lilian-Garcia-Alexa-Bliss