Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

Advent Avalanche 2018

LOL so I'm working on the difference in the type of person I post here and in Deathrace 2019.  LOL I can't come up with that many stories.  Well yes I can, but....

This seems a better place to have dropped Roger Ethegaray.
BTW Advent starts on Dec 2, not sure (other than easier to remember) why the competition starts on Dec 1.

On 30/10/2018 at 08:35, YoungWillz said:

MMMDP 2018

6 – Sir Creep - Meng Lang

Meng Lang was a sorry ass pick that I dragged over here with a admitted lack of knowledge but a great deal of respect for the person who brought up his name in the Deathlist Cup 2018, I figured a good sleeper.  A few days of research later I knew he was on the mend and getting funding to remain so.  Don't be duped by Lang (this means he will have a funeral inside a fortnight).

SC

Slam Guide #12:  José de Jesús Horacio Pimiento Rodríguez

What's small and red and fits inside an olive?  A pimento, you are correct!
What a bit larger and red and fits inside a casket?   Pimiento.   Pimiento Rodriguez.  Cardinal Pimiento Rodriguez.
P-Rod, as the other cardinals call him, is the oldest living Catholic cardinal at 99 years and 285 days, give or take, when Advent Avalanche launches. 
Will he make to to the century mark, or will he urn you a podium in AA19?

Jose-Jesus-Pimiento.png

• Haha 1

It's getting closer.

Slam Guide #13: Michael Schumacher

Image result for michael schumacher

The seven-time Formula One world champion has been invisible since his heavy skiing accident in 2013.

Nobody knows how bad it really was, but it apparently must have been extremely bad. How much longer can that body last?

Slam Guide #14 ex-WWE star DJ Gabriel

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

This is your pick, right, Joey?

Oops, wrong DJ!

• Like 1

Slam Guide #15 Congresswoman Carrie P. Meek(D-Florida)

image.png.2594736426a2710f14c229eb1a2b3cbe.png

In even numbered years,100% of past Advent Avalance hit's have been Retired  United States House Of Representative's Democrats a stat that can't be denied. If the Blue Wave of House Democrats lasts until December,she  just might "Carrie" you to victory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slam Guide #16 and #17:  Sir Arthur Richard Jolly - or - Ian Martin

It is a FACT that the recipient of the Sir Brian Urquhart Award drops over dead 5 years after receiving said award.  Well at least that was the case for the first recipient (2011), one Dame Margaret Antsee.
So it is a bit difficult to figure out the Reaper's pattern on this one with only one data point, but we are learned folk and accustomed to the Reaper's ways on these matters, so let's give it a go.
1) Maybe the second recipient will die SIX years after receiving the award...and so on.  This would put Sir Arthur Richard Jolly (2012 winner) in the cross-hairs.
2) Maybe the '5 years' pattern holds true, and the Reaper is skipping every other year, so Ian Martin (2013 winner) is the target.

It's a game of skill as much as luck.  Pick the right SBUA winner, and you too will have an award!

download.jpg

images.jpg

Slam Guide #18: Ion Iliescu

Ion_Iliescu_(2004).thumb.jpg.9899b899b7e85e88cf0ef5c825d3d12f.jpg

It's an undeniable fact that 50% of the previous Advent Avalanche hits has been a former Romanian head of state, so maybe picking Iliescu will take you to victory...

Well -- dammitall.  Back to the drawing board.  it's amazing how much time I'm wasting trying to find a winner this year.  For nowt most certain....

A woman from El Paso, Texas who suffered brain damage after attempting to get a cosmetic procedure in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico has died, according to her sister's post on Facebook.

Laura Monica Avila, 36, died Saturday, Nov. 24, almost a month after the procedure was done.

EDIT:  FUCK there goes another

The family of expat Kiwi Mark Lockwood is in mourning following his death in a Vietnam hospital, after clinging to life in a coma for almost two weeks.

He had been on life-support in a  Ho Chi Minh City hospital since fracturing his skull in a motorbike crash on November 14.
--------------------------------------

It really IS going to be a race to click Beth Chapman  at 12:00 GMT isn't it?  Click too early and you'r fahk'd.

SC

This opens tomorrow, right?

Second question - wtf happened to 2018 - wasn't it January like 5 minutes ago?

• Like 1

On 27/10/2018 at 14:33, Joey Russ said:

3 - Entries open at 7:00am EST (that's 12:00 PM GMT for the brits) on 30th November and close at midnight (GMT) on 30 November. Entry can only be made by posting the name of a candidate on the AVALDP thread on the Deathlist.

4 The competition is deemed to be open at 00-01 GMT hrs on 1 December 2018.

Pray tell of what happens if Death's cold hand touches our entrant 'tween those 12 hours, to wit, noon to midnight 30 Nov 2018?

On 30/10/2018 at 11:07, Joey Russ said:

Ah, but I do remind you that the past 2 AVALDP were won by people with a legitimate claim to fame, so that won’t be necessary here, for now...

Then you aren't going to like whichever of the two names I am expecting to post at the present.

Slam Guide #19:  Beth Chapman

Rushed to hospital a couple days ago with a recurrence of throat cancer.  1 surgery later, airway opened up and 'they got most the cancer out' says hubby Dog the Bounty Hunter.
By the looks of things, they may have also performed a breastectomy.

Dog-Update-cancer-Beth-Chapman.jpg

Beth-Chapman-cancer-hospital.jpg

Slam Guide #20 :Vic Sexias

vic-seixas.jpg

Winner of Wimbledon in 1953,and the current oldest living Grand Slam Champion.  It coud be Game,Set,Match for the person who chooses him

• Like 1

Chris Bradley, meteorologist (WBNS-10TV)

Chris Bradley (meteorologist for Columbus, Ohio)

Edit: WTF beaten by seconds! In that case, Tanya Gendle.

Anna Thornton.

Andrew fucking McGahan.

Heh, well, Chris Bradley was the obvious pick...

but then I choose ... Jean-Louis Trintignant

• Like 2

Thornton and Drotské: Good candidates for dying just a little too early (Bradley, too, of course - but you have to take that risk).

Just now, gcreptile said:

Thornton and Drotské: Good candidates for dying just a little too early (Bradley, too, of course - but you have to take that risk).

Thornton was in a coma for a couple of weeks before it was made public. I'll take my chances.

(Obviously that means that she's died as I've typed this)