Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Al Lewis

On a point of information for the mods. Have their been any DL unidexters before Granpa Munster?

Will Mr. Lewis be reappearing on the 2006 list?

I hope so. iv enjoyed tracking his progress

Will Mr. Lewis be reappearing on the 2006 list?

I hope so. iv enjoyed tracking his progress

What progress?

We've made progress. I've learned loads about his political activity and the parting company with part of a limb. It'd be a shame to lose him if it meant admitting some nonentity like Cliff Mitchelmore.

We've made progress. I've learned loads about his political activity and the parting company with part of a limb. It'd be a shame to lose him if it meant admitting some nonentity like Cliff Mitchelmore.

I thought that Mr. Tea was referring to the progress of Lewis himself, of which there has not been much of late.

lost a leg to gangrene, what a guy!

I believe he actually lost the piece of his leg by a cutting saw.

I thought that Mr. Tea was referring to the progress of Lewis himself, of which there has not been much of late.

Oh dear, anyway, an easy mistake to make.

We will let you off this time.

I won't even dignify that with a response telling you that I won't be dignifying it with a response.

Seious point about this 'progress' malarky:

If we complained the whole time about the lack of 'progress' or activity in our top fifty we'd be idiots. Surely, the whole point is to select those most likely to die. Meaning a fair smattering of the elderly and most infirm who by their very nature aren't fit to be doing more than waiting around to die. Far from complaining about such 'lack of activity' I say we should treat their lack of action as a challenge to our creativity and inventiveness on the threads. That way we stay entertained whilst upping the liklihood of a decent return on the top fifty nominations.

Seious point about this 'progress' malarky:

It's always those Seious points which worry me. Keep me fretting something frightful at night.

I won't even dignify that with a response telling you that I won't be dignifying it with a response.

After i re-read my post, i realised how arrogant i sounded.

Sorry, didnt mean it to come out like that.

Ha... ;)

Anyway.. back to Mr.Lewis, are the chances of him remaining on the deathlist high?

Cuppa

Yes, unless he dies.

I have no opinion on re-adding or keeping Mr. Lewis off either way... I just wish he would post a birth certificate somewhere so we'd know for sure whether he turned 95 or 82 this year. ;)

I have no opinion on re-adding or keeping Mr. Lewis off either way... I just wish he would post a birth certificate somewhere so we'd know for sure whether he turned 95 or 82 this year. ;)

you know Paulie for someone who doiesnt have an opinion of Mr.Lewis you sure havew posted a hell of a lot in his thread. Seems you got more interest than your'e admitting to,.

I, on the other hand, have an unhealthy amount of opinion.

Guest sarge.01

Hey there. If you're still uninformed about Al Lewis's DOB, I found an interview with him in which he claims he was born April 30th, 1910. The link is:

http://shadow.mediafilter.org/shadow/S43/S43grand.html

Sorry if this has already been posted, or if the age has already been clarified ;)

Cheers, a pleasant change to have an unregistered poster throwing such quality information into the debate.

Speaking of quality information. No mods got back on my earlier question, is Granpa the first unidexter on the DL?

I have no opinion on re-adding or keeping Mr. Lewis off either way... I just wish he would post a birth certificate somewhere so we'd know for sure whether he turned 95 or 82 this year.  :angry:

you know Paulie for someone who doiesnt have an opinion of Mr.Lewis you sure havew posted a hell of a lot in his thread. Seems you got more interest than your'e admitting to,.

In all fairness Mr. Brimley, you are correct.

I chose him for my Rotten Deadpool back in May, so the topic does intruige me.

I have no opinion, however, on whether or not my choice was good or not.

Oh....... okay....

thanks for clearing that up

This is a decent legit thread, no probs with debate or Mr Lewis, famous enough I guess. I just couldn't stand the Munsters - so leaden. The Addams family (TV series) was so much better but as far as I can see all the main characters apart from Gomez (who is still apparently pretty healthy) appear to be dead. Hopefully when Lewis dies the Munsters can be forgotten as a pale immitation of the AF.

Am ii mistaken, or were the munsters there first?

You are mistaken

Whoa, could have jumped the gun on this one cuppa. Wikkepedia is frustratingly imprecise, saying the two series began and ended ALMOST simultaneously. I do recall that the Addams family was first on British TV.

Am ii mistaken, or were the munsters there first?

Right, sorted, Munsters first aired in US on Sep 24 1964. Addams family first aired....wait for it.....on Sep 18 1964. Wooooowooooowoooo.

But never mind that, Addams family was quality. Munsters wasn't.

Addams family was quality. Munsters wasn't.

That's a bit tight, thought they were both pretty good. Fred Gwynne was ace as Herman.