Joey Russ

The 4th Crowdsource Deathlist (2019 edition)

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Nice one Joey.

Entry sent by PM.

Cool, I entered your list now. 

I must say, with four lists in already, we have somebody who is leading the pack by a considerable margin imo, a full 37 points ahead of the current second place. While it’s too early to say how the final list will look like, this person will likely gain a very high spot on the list barring death imo...

A bit of a teaser for how the top 3 looks like right now. First place is definitely one of the most famous, if not the most famous, dead pooling furniture out there. Second place has something that I can’t seem to remember what it’s called, maybe Peter Falk can help me there. As for third place, I’d say that they’re becoming more and more of a well known dead pooling pick. Still very famous in their own right, but nonetheless, looks good on making their debut at this point...

I just thought of something. If you are someone who plans on submitting to the Crowdsource list via shadowlist, please respond to this post so I know to lookout for you when you post your shadowlist later this year...

Some post first day analysis:

As of right now, there’s only one person who has appeared on every single list. Knowing about certain trends as described by the former host, I know that they won’t appear on every single list that is submitted, but for now, kudos to them on getting unanimous support so far.

The name is also currently leading the pack on the Crowdsource list, and by a considerable margin too, as the distance between them and the current runner up is a whopping 74 points apart, and that’s very early in the game. :o  They’re also the first name (and so far only name) who has broken past the point score that was necessary to break into the top 50 last year, so barring death, they will almost certainly make the Crowdsource list next year. 

There seems to be a bit of a trend for early voting right now, as it is the usual suspects who are the front runners at this point and time, and the big dead pooling names are starting at a bit of a disadvantage. A few of them are making traction, but overall they are behind those who are likely to be bedblockers till they drop. Part of it is probably on who has sent in a list so far, and so some of them will probably gain more traction later. 

Additionally, I am beginning to pick out a few names that may turn out to be this year’s cult pick on the Crowdsource list this year, kind of like Montserrat Caballe or Dilip Kumar was last year. One of them are already making headway among the front runners, a few others seem to be gathered by fewer points right now, but they definitely seem like cult names in the making.

I won’t be doing analysis like this everyday, as I only think I’ll get a few more lists this month, but I do think it’s interesting on what the list looks like at this point and time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Some post first day analysis:

As of right now, there’s only one person who has appeared on every single list. Knowing about certain trends as described by the former host, I know that they won’t appear on every single list that is submitted, but for now, kudos to them on getting unanimous support so far.

The name is also currently leading the pack on the Crowdsource list, and by a considerable margin too, as the distance between them and the current runner up is a whopping 74 points apart, and that’s very early in the game. :o  They’re also the first name (and so far only name) who has broken past the point score that was necessary to break into the top 50 last year, so barring death, they will almost certainly make the Crowdsource list next year. 

There seems to be a bit of a trend for early voting right now, as it is the usual suspects who are the front runners at this point and time, and the big dead pooling names are starting at a bit of a disadvantage. A few of them are making traction, but overall they are behind those who are likely to be bedblockers till they drop. Part of it is probably on who has sent in a list so far, and so some of them will probably gain more traction later. 

Additionally, I am beginning to pick out a few names that may turn out to be this year’s cult pick on the Crowdsource list this year, kind of like Montserrat Caballe or Dilip Kumar was last year. One of them are already making headway among the front runners, a few others seem to be gathered by fewer points right now, but they definitely seem like cult names in the making.

I won’t be doing analysis like this everyday, as I only think I’ll get a few more lists this month, but I do think it’s interesting on what the list looks like at this point and time...

*cough*  Bush *cough*

9 hours ago, Banana said:

*cough*  Bush *cough*

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I reckon the name on all the lists is probably Kirk Douglas.

We’ll have to wait and see who it is in New Year’s Day, won’t we? :P 

• Like 2

So I did a full ranking for the top 50 candidates for the first time, and it looks to be extremely competitive for those who have appeared on the 2018 list, as right now 20 of the top 30 spots are filled with folk who made the 2018 list and a name did have to be disqualified from the list due to the no more than 25 carry over rule. The bigger excitement, however, is that someone unexpectedly is in the top 50 at this point and time. It’s a name that I have pushed for to make this list in the past. :D 

• Like 1

Submitted mine, more for shits and giggles than anything else this year.

Just PM'd my shambolic 50-strong motley crew. I'll send more names as and when should any of them die before 2018 is out.

Alrighty, I’ll check both of your lists as well as add subs for Nicolas Roeg as a few people did pick lower down in the ranking.

Oh, and just a heads up, please provide a couple of subs along with your 50. It would make my life a little easier if someone dies and I have the list of subs that I can give points too instead of having to ask individuals for subs. Thanks. :) 

I am here to remind you right now that putting a name twice on your list does not constitute in them getting more points. Thank you. 

10 lists in, and now no one has appeared on every single list thus far. Also, while tallying points up, I’ve noticed that a certain name is doing extremely well in the Crowdsource tally, currently in 6th place (was actually in 3rd before the most recent list was submitted). While I suspected that they would qualify for the list beforehand, I did not expect them to qualify by the magnitude that they are at. Kudos to them (and the voters who likely makes them a cert for qualifying). 

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

10 lists in, and now no one has appeared on every single list thus far. Also, while tallying points up, I’ve noticed that a certain name is doing extremely well in the Crowdsource tally, currently in 6th place (was actually in 3rd before the most recent list was submitted). While I suspected that they would qualify for the list beforehand, I did not expect them to qualify by the magnitude that they are at. Kudos to them (and the voters who likely makes them a cert for qualifying). 

Any odd names cropped up yet. ;)

5 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Yeah, some polish weatherman. :P 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:
43 minutes ago, Deathray said:

That'll be the BBC's Thomasz Shaveshisknackers then.  :lol:

18 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Wouldn't have the foggiest who you're on about...

Harry Leslie Smith was at 44 points in 82nd place. Points to be given downwards when I have the time...

• Like 1

On 28/10/2018 at 00:25, The Quim Reaper said:

1247129797_Screenshot2018-10-28at07_17_31.thumb.png.7b45845ad93e21b4a71b1b9733589f8c.png

This fucked out old pundit here, who generally goes by the name John McCririck, must surely be odds on for the 2019 list. The disgracefully misogynistic tic-tac man, 78, displayed a dramatic drop in weight of late, and would probably even back himself as a frontrunner for the upcoming list; he's quoted as saying he won't live to see another summer.

Him and Lucia Hiriart should be a must on all lists

So I did a second “if the top 50 was taken today”, and I noticed that on the list 44 out of 50 names reappeared on the list again. Meaning there’s definitely some picks that people like. Interestingly, one of the 6 that dropped off the top 50 is someone extremely well known to the casual players, and while they will certainly qualify on New Years barring death imo, the fact that they’re at risk now is quite interesting. Oh, and two names very well known to the forums are making a bit of a comeback entering the top ten this time when they were out of the top 20 this time...

Oh FFS. Bush Sr was currently leading the pack with 378 points, and now I’m going to have to deal with a bunch of sub points. Sigh...

For those of you wondering who’s leading after Bush’s demise, it’s someone you all know very well...

And all of the sub points have been scattered down now. *phew* 

• Thanks 1

Oh, and you can still submit your list if you like at the risk of your host nearing another mental breakdown as dealing with Bush’s points did...

• Haha 1

Oh, I think I may know why Bush Sr died before the starting line. Let’s have a look at the Crowdsource list right now, shall we?

1. Jeb Bush

With 100% of the vote. Extremely popular, I know...

• Haha 3