Joey Russ

The 4th Crowdsource Deathlist (2019 edition)

This is the dead period for the Crowdsource list submissions, so therefore only one person has submitted a list since the death of George HW Bush. You think that with only one list only minor changes would happen to the list, but that simply isn’t the case, as two names made it up 12 places higher just because of one list. I’m also amazed on how much traction a few names have gotten. This is starting to get interesting...

• Like 1

Country and Western legend Loretta Lynn who has been in poor health in recent years should definitely be considered by forum members to go on the crowdsourced deathlist.

So there was something that I thought about doing that I waited to tell you guys about it till I got approval from Spade. I got a thumbs up on it now from him, so the thing that I am going to do is basically have a DDP team ripped off from the top 20 from the Crowdsource list when the time comes. I thought it would be a bit cool to potentially compare this list’s top 20 to the Deathlist’s top 20, and anyone who submits to the list may have a say on which people makes the top 20 and the DDP team I think would be fun. Thoughts? 

• Like 2

Do we all share the credit for the team's performance? I submit 3 DDP teams a year, I'd hope if I submit names for the Crowdsource that wouldn't mean I'd be denied one of them in favour of this, as it would essentially be a back door to getting a fourth team in.

Looking at it purely as a former lawyer....:P

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Do we all share the credit for the team's performance? I submit 3 DDP teams a year, I'd hope if I submit names for the Crowdsource that wouldn't mean I'd be denied one of them in favour of this, as it would essentially be a back door to getting a fourth team in.

Looking at it purely as a former lawyer....:P

I think it won’t count as one of the three entries for anyone as it has the contributions from many people and I feel it wouldn’t be fair to place the burden on one individual. 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

I think it won’t count as one of the three entries for anyone as it has the contributions from many people and I feel it wouldn’t be fair to place the burden on one individual. 

You can see where I'm coming from though?

Essentially, if I participate in the Crowdsource, I'm part of the "team" that submits the entry. I know it's being picky, but on that basis, I think I'll bow out of submitting suggestions here to preserve my personal three team limit.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Essentially, if I participate in the Crowdsource, I'm part of the "team" that submits the entry. I know it's being picky, but on that basis, I think I'll bow out of submitting suggestions here to preserve my personal three team limit.

Dont think it'll KO any of yer teams, Willz. I'm still putting in my usual main team and 2 crap theme teams...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No no, it won’t affect your three at all. I see where your coming from, but I really doubt that Spade would force every single person to get credit for one of their teams. It’s not like Spade is going to ask me “which individuals have made a contribution to the list?”, that would seem a bit preposterous imo, and if anyone was going to take credit for the team if that were required, it would be me. Tbh, I suspect that you’re just trying to find a way of not submitting to the list which I won’t argue with you about, but if you really think that submitting an entry to this would eliminate one of your three entries, that certainly won’t be the case...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Do we all share the credit for the team's performance?

Well one might but that would be bollox wouldn't it - if one submitted a team to the Crowdsourced and when the top 20 is announced one didn't pick any of them then clearly one had fuck all to do with the team's performance.

• Like 2

Just now, msc said:

Dont think it'll KO any of yer teams, Willz. I'm still putting in my usual main team and 2 crap theme teams...

Just making a personal choice here, no offence to anyone intended, and I'm probably over-analysing as usual! :lol:

So far I have only received one entry this December. While I suspect many of you are waiting for near the end of the year to submit an entry, I will remind you that I am still accepting entries for this now in case any of you have forgotten about this. 

Please, if it does not bother you a lot, I would like you to include 2019 list the Brazilian TV presenter and businessman Sílvio Santos, who turned 88 years ago 2 days ago.

silvio-santos.jpg

On 11/12/2018 at 15:26, Joey Russ said:

No no, it won’t affect your three at all. I see where your coming from, but I really doubt that Spade would force every single person to get credit for one of their teams. It’s not like Spade is going to ask me “which individuals have made a contribution to the list?”, that would seem a bit preposterous imo, and if anyone was going to take credit for the team if that were required, it would be me. Tbh, I suspect that you’re just trying to find a way of not submitting to the list which I won’t argue with you about, but if you really think that submitting an entry to this would eliminate one of your three entries, that certainly won’t be the case...

@Spade_Cooley Clarification that in the same way our suggestions towards the Deathlist's list don't count towards the 3 teams, our suggestions towards this list won't count towards our 3 teams?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Éricles Souza said:

Please, if it does not bother you a lot, I would like you to include 2019 list the Brazilian TV presenter and businessman Sílvio Santos, who turned 88 years ago 2 days ago.

silvio-santos.jpg

Fucking hell - Larry Grayson lives!

I really don’t understand the controversy behind forcing every participant who contributed to this as one of their teams. It’s really not realistic to force an estimate of around 40 participants to be a part of one DDP team, and really it would be unfair to the people who already submitted before I made this announcement to not allow one of their teams to go through because they voted for the Crowdsource list. The way I intend this team to happen is that nobody should have any responsibility because so many people will make a contribution to this, but if someone does have to take responsibility for this as one of their teams, I’ll take it 100% and sacrifice my B Team to have this go through. Now, if you don’t want to make a submission to me, that’s fine, but if you want to make a submission to me, please don't back out of this because you fear that it may take up one of your DDP team slots. I promise that definitely isn’t the case at all, and Spade Cooley will definitely confirm this.

• Like 1

16 lists in, and the results are quite interesting. Number one is the popular forum name who held onto the top spot since the death of George H W Bush. They lead by nearly 100 points, with the person in second place being a very popular bedblocker. As for third and 4th place, I can guarantee that if I gave everyone a guess, they would be incorrect, and both names I never would’ve guessed to do as well as they’re doing right now...

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

16 lists in, and the results are quite interesting. Number one is the popular forum name who held onto the top spot since the death of George H W Bush. They lead by nearly 100 points, with the person in second place being a very popular bedblocker. As for third and 4th place, I can guarantee that if I gave everyone a guess, they would be incorrect, and both names I never would’ve guessed to do as well as they’re doing right now...

Are any of my list in the Top 50 because if they are I didn't do a good enough job...

I reckon Lil Pump might be one of those 3rd or 4th places though.

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

I reckon Lil Pump might be one of those 3rd or 4th places though.

Nope. I can confirm however that there are already over 400 individuals that have been nominated for the Crowdsource list, with two weeks to go...

• Like 1

Ahem, so the Internet is being very shitty at the moment (as in problems connecting to websites rather than the internet being slow), so any entries submitted for the Crowdsource entries submitted very soon may have to wait a few days before I am able to enter them in. I hope that it will be fixed soon so business can be back to normal...

On 17/12/2018 at 21:16, Joey Russ said:

Nope. I can confirm however that there are already over 400 individuals that have been nominated for the Crowdsource list, with two weeks to go...

Looking forward to seeing how many of them have the unfortunate distinction of finishing below Thomas Schafernaker.

There's only about a week and a half left to submit to the crowdsource list. Some people who submitted from past years who's entry I have yet to receive includes @Death Impends (pretty sure he's waiting to submit during the last week, but don't want to forget him), @gcreptile, @deadsox, @FixedBusiness, @Sean, and @Toast. I also hope some newer posters will also make a submission to the crowdsource list as well. As for shadowlist entries, I already got one list submitted via that route and another one confirming they plan on entering via the shadow list. Remember, everyone is welcome to make a submission to the list. :) 

• Like 3

Also, that A Lister that I mentioned was struggling to make the list, is still struggling to make the list (as in switching to barely on and barely off). Will be stunned if he doesn’t make it next year, but at this point in the game, him not making the list won’t surprise me. Which is not something I would’ve said in November! 

Gonna throw a name out there I'm toying with: how about "The Queen of Burlesque", Tempest Storm? 90 years old, don't really have any recent recent health information (she was well enough to travel to Las Vegas in March, but there's no photos). However she invented redheads with big tits, and has thus had a major influence on my life.

So as I was entering somebody's list today, I had noticed that apparently I put the name of a similarly named fictional character instead of someone actually who is actually famous (and never realized how similarly those two names are). That certainly would've been mocked had I not noticed that before January 1st. :blush:

• Haha 2

Camilla Skovgaard only got a mere 5 points before her demise, and as such was nowhere close to being in contention.