Joey Russ

The 4th Crowdsource Deathlist (2019 edition)

Paddy Ashdown was at 47 when he died. Subs going for those who picked him now. 

• Like 1

Sometimes I am shocked by how the voters vote, either by the extent of someone’s popularity or by even being viable candidates for the list. Case in point, there’s a Sinead O’Connor type figure that is currently in the top 50, and they’re doing about 30 points better than the big A-Lister I mentioned that are struggling a couple of times. At the end of the day, it is the Crowdsource list, and if the Sinead O’Connor figure makes it but not the big A-Lister, there’s nothing I can do to stop that...

Just out of curiosity, once the list is revealed will you let us know who you are referring to in all these posts? This has been quality content.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banana said:

Just out of curiosity, once the list is revealed will you let us know who you are referring to in all these posts? This has been quality content.

Aye, will let you know about the references once the list is complete. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From the early DDP entries, I think I can guess exactly who Roey means by Sinead-esque figure. Without giving the game up, would I be right in saying American, male, although technically "famous" for a few years wouldn't have popped up on the wider radars of most people who don't obsessively watch US TV until the past 12 months?

All I want to add is that if we're all coining "popular crap DDP picks" as "Sinead O'Connor type figures" now, I'm really proud. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

From the early DDP entries, I think I can guess exactly who Roey means by Sinead-esque figure. Without giving the game up, would I be right in saying American, male, although technically "famous" for a few years wouldn't have popped up on the wider radars of most people who don't obsessively watch US TV until the past 12 months?

Sinead-esque figures means a batshit crazy person right, it hardly narrows it down to say they are an American man :D

Joey: I have now placed my list on the Shadow List thread. Please use it for this thread! Thanks for doing this!

Merry Christmas! (NB! had to replace Simon Ricketts with Stirling Moss).

Cool. 23 lists entered as of now, with the top 5 already breaking past the 500 point barrier, so they are probably safe bets for the list at this point. Who will make the final list? We'll see in about a weeks time or so...

11 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

That'd be a fairly good guess...

I hope you all had a great day today whether you celebrate Christmas or not. There are 6 days left to have your voice be made on the crowdsource list, which may seem like a lot of time but it’ll come closer than you think (feck, we’re this close already?), especially since the entries here will close 3 hours sooner than most pools required to be entered by the 31st...

So first, Sister Wendy Beckett was at 85 points when she died, and as such points have been scattered among the surviving entries. The list count is now at 28, and there are sine pretty notable comebacks and shifts happening as of right now. I am only going to talk about 2 of them though. First, remember when I said a certain A lister name was struggling behind the Sinead O'Connor typer name? Well, since that post he has acquired over 200 points, making his chances of making the list again very likely. The second, and perhaps more important one, is that the person who held onto the lead since the death of George H W Bush has been dethroned. I was so convinced that they would hold on to the lead in the end that the change in leader kind of surprises me, but then the person who is leading right now is a well known bedblocker...

• Like 1

Just to give you an idea what the battleground looks like at the moment:

46. 189

47. 184

48. 181

49. 175

50. 166

—————————

51. 154

52. 151

53. 148

54. 148

55. 147

Of course, more lists will probably come to raise the bar higher, but I wanted to give a general idea on how much it will take to qualify as of right now...

Overton wasn't close to being in contention, as he only received 36 points in total. Sub points have been scattered throughout now...

There are only 72 hours or so left to have a say on the list for 2019. Time does really fly by fast. Oh, and George Loinger only had 8 points when he died, so substituting his points was no problem...

I’m going to wait until I see a QO for June Whitfield to replace her. However, I will deal with Simon Ricketts’s replacement now, who was in 58th with 163 points. Subs coming in for him...

Well that was fun. Whitfield had 46 points when she went. I hope anyone who submits in the future can provide me with more subs since the potential of death is still a possibility. Also, 48 hour warning...

Just cleared some PM space so people can continue to PM if you want to. Time is running out to submit a list with less than 24 hours to submit to this...

• Like 1

Hi Joey.  I have PMed you my Crowdsource list ( also coincidentally my 2019 Shadow List ).  It will be interesting to see how this all comes out.

Don Lusk was at 114 points when he died, so sub points a coming for him. Time is running out to submit with only 7 hours left to submit an entry...

• Like 1

We are at 37 lists as of right now. Here is what the battleground looks like points wise:

45. 251

46. 245

47. 240

48. 231

49. 218

50. 217

----------------------

51. 217

52. 201

53. 200

54. 199

55. 195

56. 193

57. 188

58. 185

59. 185

60. 182

I think anything above that is safe at this point, and anything below that probably won't get traction, though there has been a couple of comebacks so not completely out of the realm of possibility that someone below 60th could make a comeback...

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

We are at 37 lists as of right now. Here is what the battleground looks like points wise:

45. 251

46. 245

47. 240

48. 231

49. 218

50. 217

----------------------

51. 217

52. 201

53. 200

54. 199

55. 195

56. 193

57. 188

58. 185

59. 185

60. 182

I think anything above that is safe at this point, and anything below that probably won't get traction, though there has been a couple of comebacks so not completely out of the realm of possibility that someone below 60th could make a comeback...

Apart from the fact anyone with more than 167 points could make the list by being made their No 1 on any lists to come in after this point.

Just now, Deathray said:

Apart from the fact anyone with more than 167 points could make the list by being made their No 1 on any lists to come in after this point.

Theoretically that is possible. However, with the candidates who are between that point and 60th, they are unlikely to get enough traction to make the list...

There’s less than 3 hours to submit to the crowdsource list. Just a warning in case you didn’t realize that the deadline is 3 hours before the New Years in the UK...

• Like 2